Votes: 37 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 50.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
falkenjeff said:
I main HUmar and I'm fine with vanilla.
for lack of a better term, you're a casual. you play pso casually. people in this thread are talking about efficient/competitive play.
you prefer to take your time in quests like picking up items in ma4b until you're full, pipe to pioneer then drop them and come back to help.
with that playstyle you can finish the entire game with vulcan+9 30~h no special.
I'm not trying to come off as a dick or diss you or anything. it's just 2 different playstyles and you're trying to butt into something you know nothing about.

as for darkrangeresp and his resta trolling. you do realize in this situation you're the rude one? just because that person killed one enemy before you could attack it doesn't mean he's an elitist.

and for aleron ives' idea. not a very good solution my friend.
unlocking df doesnt mean every single person on this server will use it and suddenly become a TA god and clear quests instantly. actually being able to use df means you must memorize spawns and know how to use it properly. it requires some form of skill and it makes the game much more fun. as of right now you cant even drop a sinow with unlocked df because of how low the ata of the first hit is. I miss like 50% or more of my waves on dark falz form 1 too.
people are associating unlocked dark flow with elitism but that isn't true. you can be elitist racast too. i have no idea what you people are scared of unlocking df it makes no sense lol

government said:
falkenjeff said:
I main HUmar and I'm fine with vanilla.
for lack of a better term, you're a casual. you play pso casually. people in this thread are talking about efficient/competitive play.
you prefer to take your time in quests like picking up items in ma4b until you're full, pipe to pioneer then drop them and come back to help.
with that playstyle you can finish the entire game with vulcan+9 30~h no special.
I'm not trying to come off as a dick or diss you or anything. it's just 2 different playstyles and you're trying to butt into something you know nothing about.

I'm not a casual.

I wasn't aware we were trying to TA that MA4B. Next time let me know, and I will change my playstyle.

Meseta is worth $$$, and I don't feel like paying PDs for it, so I save it up when I can (currently have over 4 mil in my banks waiting for my ranger to use it all up in less than a week). If we're not TAing, then I will play in a way that is most profitable, even if it means completing the quest a couple minutes later.

And yes, you are coming off as a dick. If you want to TA, then tell people. Don't just say nothing and then bash their playstyle later. I have just as much of a right to comment on this issue as you do.

i was speaking in general i didn't mean that one incident only. and i do apologize if i came off as a dick i just didn't know how else to phrase it. nor did i intend to TA it's just seeing you play like that makes you look like a casual player. and there's nothing wrong with that lol

government said:
i was speaking in general i didn't mean that one incident only. and i do apologize if i came off as a dick i just didn't know how else to phrase it. nor did i intend to TA it's just seeing you play like that makes you look like a casual player. and there's nothing wrong with that lol

I don't have all the uber end-game gear yet (as far as I know, no one does, as that also requires sphering stuff to 100%)

So I gotta play to make the $$$. I can't TA every quest (if I did, I'd have to spend PDs on meseta, as I prefer charge over zerk). It is fun to try and TA a quest on occasion though, and see how much better I have become. And even when I am picking up items and selling them, I try to optimize the process and do it as fast as possible.

And on the rare occassion, sometimes 500k of my meseta turns into a precious PD.

Also sorry if I was a bit harsh in my previous post. All the drama that's been happening has me on edge.

The point government is making is that for those players that play the game less competitively for enjoyment, you can pretty much play it however you want. These talks about weapon balance typically do not affect these types of players. You can ace the game with a few weapons and just enjoy the experience. For players that like to play it competitively, these sort of changes are important because it directly affects how they play and the choices they can make. The more varied the viable options are, the better the experience. And I think that is the most important point. People talk about PSO being imbalanced, but how do you objectify that outside of the context of finishing a quest in the fastest time? You cannot becauase there is no other basis to measure it from. So what is most important is that there are enough weapons to provide a varied experience, enough viable classes for people to choose and enjoy, and that the game is difficult enough but not too easy.

The reason I have argued for the combo unlock was because it increases the viability of HU's and makes the class differnces more varied without making other classes meaningless, and it keeps the game interesting. You do not wipe out everything in the room with one swing, you just have a good mob tool and something that can combo kill single target enemies at a risk. You would be surprised how coordinated you need to be at times to run around with no health and not die.

Maybe we should move the topic off unlocking weapons for now since Soda made it very clear he wasn't going to do that. (And even if he was, there are plenty of weaker locked weapons he could start with than Flow.)

Also, the 'competitive' scene is not in a vacuum. These changes would affect everyone who plays, so everyone has an equal opinion on this matter.

I don't know if it's been requested but....

Give full dressing room pls.

Also DF should stay locked....

L2use Red Sword/Zanba/TJS!!!!

Tessellate said:
I don't know if it's been requested but....

Give full dressing room pls.

Also DF should stay locked....

L2use Red Sword/Zanba/TJS!!!!

Oh. That too.

Unlocking Flow would devalue the other high end swords. Which are actually more rare than Dark Flow.... So it would make it pointless to hunt them.

I don't know if I have a good right to an opinion on here but what the hell. :)

Personally, I really like the %'s you've come up with for the drops on the server. I constantly look at the drop charts and really like how I think it's fair for what it's worth. Also, getting a Breaker drop on Normal Cave3 on my very first run isn't too bad, even if I can't use it yet. xD I cannot say if they are perfect and balanced but considering the still smaller size population (less than 100) people who play at any one point in time, I do think they are good as they are.

Now on to something that piqued my curiosity. I am ALL FOR class rebalancing! I really loved how Aleron Ives did the class rebalancing for his Enhancement Packs for Ver2 and would really like to see how you could go about handling that. I can't deny I'm a huge fan of playing HUnewerl, FOmarl, and FOnewerl and had always thought that HUnewerl and FOmarl classes always felt a little lacking in what they specialize at: HUnewerl underpowered in terms of ATP vs her MST compared to the other HU classes (I never saw much use of lvl15 techs once you hit Ultimate compared to FO classes who all have higher base MST and access to beyond lvl15 techs), FOmarl having the worst EVP despite being classified as having balanced growth potential and being competent with weapons (she's almost outclassed in everything important compared to FOmar, making her essentially useless outside of more HP, ATA, and DEF but I don't think the point total compared to FOmar's ATP, MST and EVP is fair). I wouldn't mind a less squishy FOnewerl but her EVP makes up for most of her shortcomings, outside of HP.

That's just my two cents though. I'm an idiot when it comes to PSO so what I said here may not even be worth considering: this is all just what I myself have observed as I have played the game over time and have seen with some of the max stat sheets of all classes. I really do think that class rebalancing would be a pretty cool thing to see implemented. It doesn't have to, or need to, be drastic changes, either. I just think it's a little sad that more often than not, I see HUcasts everywhere I turn. xD

When it comes to FOmarl, she's mostly better than FOmar on Blue Burst because she gets a lot of better weaponry, such as Rambling May, Last Swan, Vivienne, PGP (sort of), etc...

So I wouldn't worry about her balance in comparison to FOmar here. :p

government said:
i have no idea what you people are scared of unlocking df it makes no sense lol
It makes every other sword, and most other Hunter weapons, worthless. No single weapon should be that good. It would be nice if there were a middle ground between "worthless" and "best Hunter weapon in most situations", but Dark Flow isn't a balanced weapon.

government said:
as of right now you cant even drop a sinow with unlocked df because of how low the ata of the first hit is. I miss like 50% or more of my waves on dark falz form 1 too.
That's the point: if you unlock the Dark Flow, you instantly have access to far more ATA, since you can use the special on hits 2 and 3, instead of only hit 1. You have to do something to balance that out, such as reducing DF's ATA so that the special never works on the first hit, thus preventing you from doing SSS combos. DF's 50 base ATA means you can get one with +100 ATA by simply buying a Calibur from the shop (let alone finding one with 100% Hit to get a sword with 150 ATA), and that's hardly balanced if the DF can combo.

@ Aoko

HUnewearl gets level 20 Techniques in GC/BB, so she has more of a right to call herself a better support class. :p

Matt said:
When it comes to FOmarl, she's mostly better than FOmar on Blue Burst because she gets a lot of better weaponry, such as Rambling May, Last Swan, Vivienne, PGP (sort of), etc...

So I wouldn't worry about her balance in comparison to FOmar here. :p

Ahh, gotcha. I did not know that. Maybe I should check out Episode 2 and 4 weapon drops sometime haha! I'm still so used to playing Ver2 only -_- Sorry for the idiocy! :D

Aleron Ives said:
@ Aoko
HUnewearl gets level 20 Techniques in GC/BB, so she has more of a right to call herself a better support class. :p

This I did not know, either! I never played enough of BB/GC version to know about that. I should probably do a bit more digging next time before I suggest something...^_^;; Thank you. :)

But that is a very good thing, though, since I've always loved HUnewarl as a support class anyway. Everyone can keep their powerhouse HUcasts! :D I got my HUnewarl! :3

Aleron Ives said:
government said:
i have no idea what you people are scared of unlocking df it makes no sense lol
It makes every other sword, and most other Hunter weapons, worthless. No single weapon should be that good. It would be nice if there were a middle ground between "worthless" and "best Hunter weapon in most situations", but Dark Flow isn't a balanced weapon.

This is straight up false. Mastsr Raven/Charge Raygun, L&K38, Hell Raygun, Arrest Raygun, Hell J-Cutter, Arrest J-Cutter, TJS, S-Beats Blade, Vjaya, Excalibur, S-Red Blades, Charge Vulcans, Charge Diska/Diska of Braveman, Empress/MKB/DLS, Demon Mechguns, Slicer of Fanatic, Twin Blaze, Zalure Handgun, Kunai, more, all of these weapons have utility and purpose on a HU. Saying Dark Flow does everything and invalidates your other arsenal options is wrong. It invaldiates every other sword except TJS, yes, but there is always a best weapon per item class for what it does.

It kind of invalidates the majority of things, though. While everything has a use, DF is used more often than not over everything else.

It's a very centralising weapon. Just look at how people are complaining that it's not unlocked and therefore Hunters are not "viable".

Ulevo said:
It invaldiates every other sword except TJS, yes, but there is always a best weapon per item class for what it does.

It's also 1/64 from a boss.

Why hunt TJS at 1/12k from a miniboss if you can get unlocked dark flow (with hit) from a boss at 1/64?

There's no reason Dark Flow should be the best sword in the game, especially when you get to manipulate its stats for free by buying a 50% hit calibur from the shop. Unlocked Dark Flow doesn't just invalidate the other swords in the game - it makes them worthless to hunt as well, because any other sword with hit is way harder to hunt than a PGF.

Would be cool if the symbol chat object limit could be increased or removed completely :)

in the end an unlocked dark flow makes the game much more fun than playing racast and just spaming HS/charge arms in the corner. it requires much more planning and skill, thats the main reason i want DF to be unlocked. I don't want to play a racast in TA it's really really boring lol.
giving me a locked DF just adds more rng to TA which is extremely annoying lol.

and i hope no one gets the wrong idea here. im not crying or bitching im just saying what's on my mind and why i think an unlocked dark flow would be better for the server )

government said:
in the end an unlocked dark flow makes the game much more fun than playing racast and just spaming HS/charge arms in the corner. it requires much more planning and skill, thats the main reason i want DF to be unlocked. I don't want to play a racast in TA it's really really boring lol.
giving me a locked DF just adds more rng to TA which is extremely annoying lol.

and i hope no one gets the wrong idea here. im not crying or bitching im just saying what's on my mind and why i think an unlocked dark flow would be better for the server )
Even in vanilla there's a lot more to this game than what you probably got out of watching stonecutters play RoW

A suggestion inspired by people who complain about 'their' experience being stolen: make it so you don't have to tag the enemies to get exp from them (no idea if that's even possible)

16085k said:
A suggestion inspired by people who complain about 'their' experience being stolen: make it so you don't have to tag the enemies to get exp from them (no idea if that's even possible)
Would make leveling up an alt account way too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back