Should we deviate from the "norm"?

• Yes

Votes: 37 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 50.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then perhaps you could be more specific about what changes you have in mind?

We can't vote on something when we don't know exactly what it is you are considering changing...

God, read the first post! Reading comprehension: "Your proposed changes".

I'm asking an open question whether changes SHOULD be done or not. It's up to YOU GUYS to purpose them. However, Combo Unlocking is not something that I'm going to entertain right now.

Also, if you missed it, later on in the topic I said, just you guys saying changes should be made doesn't mean any will be made. This is a simple poll to GAUGE opinions and get ideas.

As I said, without knowing EXACTLY what you are thinking of changing it's impossible for me to vote one way or the other.

If you are simply asking "should ANY changes be made?", then I think we are already way past that point, so go ahead.

Edit: For the record, I have voted 'no' for now, since I would rather keep things as they are than risk changes I'm not happy about. But with a lack of specific information I'm technically 'on the wall' about this.

He's basically asking should fundamentals be changed. You're being incredibly difficult about this.

We already have changes but they don't really impact the core of the game as class balance, enemy balance and drop balance is the same as the vanilla game, and any options right now are just conveniences and/or optional changes.

In short: Should the server ever stray far from Vanilla or should it always try to keep close to it? There will always be changes -- this has already been established, but do people think it's worth trying to change fundamentals to add "spice" to the game, or should it always stay the same?

I think a few weapon/class changes would be nice, but you would need to be -very- careful with them

Few things I had in mind are +100 atp or something to HUmar, HUnl, HUcl, and RAcl. Another thing would be to delete Samurai Armor, and instead add it's stat boosts directly into Orochiagito itself. Don't really like having to wear a terrible, animation-less armor just to use Orochi well, even if it is a niche wep.

But like I said, changes would need to be thought hard of, or it'll all get out of hand.

falkenjeff said:
It would be nice if I could do seabed/spaceship/ruins runs while I wait for people to join my games (without leveling up a 2nd account just to press switches for me =x).
Just FYI, I pushed the switch update.

If you reconnect to the patch server while using English or Japanese (not custom), the new map files will download.

You will be able to play the multiplayer maps solo and enter all rooms.

Matt said:
He's basically asking should fundamentals be changed.
This is what everyone's missing and what I voted on in the initial poll... like I said, the server's taken a fantastic direction so far, but changing up how the game plays isn't something I think I'm comfortable with. If the majority differs, so be it, but this poll is surprisingly close so far. :D

Also note: a LOT of people who voted "yes" just want minor changes. The same kind of minor changes that people who voted "no" want (the same kind of QoL changes Soda has been implementing all along).

ie: Some people didn't understand the poll

So the poll is actually more leaning toward "no" than it may seem.

I was actually thinking of something that would be neat for the server that no other server has done if I recall:

Incentive to tag/kill monsters after hitting level 200 (and incentive to play a level 200 besides just "hunting shit").

Like maybe track exp server-side after level 200, and add in a quest where you can roll for items (similar to quests with tickets) for every 1 mil or 2 mil exp. Not good items. Just things to make it worth it. eg: every 2 mil exp, roll a 50% chance for a PD. Or something.

Eden did at some point iirc, and I thought of doing that too (that's how I knew Eden did)... (and ofc PSO2 does)

It would be healthy for the server, too. People are less likely to quit an MMO if there are things to do. Hitting max level and no longer being rewarded for tagging/killing shit is a real big buzzkill. With a game this old and a server this small, and people now approaching 200... Incentives to play past level 200 really are a thing to consider.

Also my numbers were sort of made up, and really on the low side. If it was an idea the community really liked and agreed with, they could be turned up (so it was easier to get PDs).

Well... someone with the knowledge of it can correct me, but iirc players on Eden didn't like it, doesn't mean it will happen the same here but yeah.

Soly said:
Well... someone with the knowledge of it can correct me, but iirc players on Eden didn't like it, doesn't mean it will happen the same here but yeah.

Wasn't Eden also ez-mode to level 200 with boosted rates, though?

That would kind of factor into people not liking it. (I don't play there so idk the actual rates). They also may have had the level 200 quest rewards or points or whatever tuned way too high/easy.

This server has been around for 2-3 months and the highest level as far as I know is 190. And if I did the math right, 190 is only 62% of the required exp to level 200 (It takes 52,082,837 exp to hit 190, and 83,227,750 to hit 200, so you'd still have 31,144,913 exp to go).

So if something like this was added to Ephinea (and tuned appropriately) it's not like people can ez-mode to 200 and abuse it.

Eden had rebirth, which was inconvenient to do because it also reset your materials and put you back at level 1.

Incentives to play at 200 wouldn't be disliked, though. As far as I'm concerned though, just tracking EXP after 200 is more than enough so you can see how much EXP you've made in total. ;P

I like Ragol Ring that doesn't have Scape Doll effects a lot. I'm not totally opposed to changes from Vanilla but they generally need to be discussed...which is okay with me if Matt is involved.

Anything else I have to say is probably too controversial....or just uninformed. +1 to Dark Meteor being unlocked though, even if it won't happen.

If you want to wear a Ragol Ring, just sort half a dozen Scape Dolls above it in your inventory, and then the game will eat your Scape Dolls instead of the Ragol Ring, IIRC. Just don't forget about it if you run out of dolls.

Hm.. I would like to see changes to who you can play POD with. The current system seems to fragment the base a little.. it's :(

Jessica said:
Hm.. I would like to see changes to who you can play POD with. The current system seems to fragment the base a little.. it's :(

the whole team point setup needs redoing

or we could all just farm pakupaku/chao striker for ez team points zzzzzzzzzzzz

i just want my team flag :(

Jessica said:

I am all for being able to play PoD with other teams assuming they have the quest unlocked. [Like the government quests]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back