• Yes

Votes: 37 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 50.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ulevo said:
This is straight up false. Mastsr Raven/Charge Raygun, L&K38, Hell Raygun, Arrest Raygun, Hell J-Cutter, Arrest J-Cutter, TJS, S-Beats Blade, Vjaya, Excalibur, S-Red Blades, Charge Vulcans, Charge Diska/Diska of Braveman, Empress/MKB/DLS, Demon Mechguns, Slicer of Fanatic, Twin Blaze, Zalure Handgun, Kunai, more, all of these weapons have utility and purpose on a HU. Saying Dark Flow does everything and invalidates your other arsenal options is wrong. It invaldiates every other sword except TJS, yes, but there is always a best weapon per item class for what it does.
Thinking Empress is vanilla. :lol:
TJS is completely outclassed by a unlocked DF because TJS's special is all show no function, and DF has more ATP.

Esc said:
Would be cool if the symbol chat object limit could be increased or removed completely :)

The only reasonable suggestion so far amidst everyone elses "plsplspls unlock df" gibberish.

Kudos.

Chono said:
16085k said:
A suggestion inspired by people who complain about 'their' experience being stolen: make it so you don't have to tag the enemies to get exp from them (no idea if that's even possible)
Would make leveling up an alt account way too easy.
It'd be easier yeah but I wouldn't say "way too easy."

I think anything that makes players feel like they need to tag every single enemy with rafoie/power maser/anything else useless and feel like they are competing with their own party members instead of working as a team is a terrible gameplay element.

Mr J said:
TJS is completely outclassed by a unlocked DF because TJS's special is all show no function, and DF has more ATP.
Not quite, TJS is one of the rare attacks that allow you to attack from a central point which is a very useful feature when trying to go quickly. For normal play yeah, it's really not that useful at all and can be skipped over entirely, but from a balance perspective TJS still has use.

This makes it one of the most crucial weapons in Vanilla because of this, actually, because it's the only attack that can do this and still actually do damage (because FO techniques do not damage unless it's a lot of Gifoie stacks and Ranger doesn't get any combo'able bazooka-like weapon anymore). With SCHTServ balance the usefulness of TJS could be mitigated by something like Iron Faust, although TJS was still necessary since HU was the best overall and you still needed something to attack from the centre.
Even in vanilla there's a lot more to this game than what you probably got out of watching stonecutters play RoW
Yes, people know more now. For their time they were the best and knew the most, but now a days people know more and more things are understood for TA other than just spam Charge Arms and HS on everything.

In fact, because of DF not being an option and HUcast still having 300 more ATP than RAcast, you could argue that Vanilla takes more skill as you have to plan more on-point to make sure everything is covered and defeated quickly. I'm not saying the TA done towards the end of SCHTServ's time took less skill or anything like that, but I don't think you can argue that an unlocked DF makes the game take more "skill", even if you have to play at 10% HP (and honestly, if you're TA'ing, you're not going to be getting hit whether you have to play at 10% or 100% HP optimally, so this is kind of a moot point when discussing "TA skill". You have to play at 10% HP now actually since DF is still one of the most useful weapons).

As far as I'm concerned, vanilla balance is still just as "deep" and requires just as much "skill" as the standard private server balances. There's obviously some flaws between the classes, but I don't think the whole "RA > HU" thing is 100% true at all that people seem to believe for vanilla. The hierarchies (assuming their most optimal class) have their place in everything.

Please stop talking about something that Soda said will never be happening >_<

Matt said:
Yes, people know more now. For their time they were the best and knew the most, but now a days people know more and more things are understood for TA other than just spam Charge Arms and HS on everything.

In fact, because of DF not being an option and HUcast still having 300 more ATP than RAcast, you could argue that Vanilla takes more skill as you have to plan more on-point to make sure everything is covered and defeated quickly. I'm not saying the TA done towards the end of SCHTServ's time took less skill or anything like that, but I don't think you can argue that an unlocked DF makes the game take more "skill", even if you have to play at 10% HP (and honestly, if you're TA'ing, you're not going to be getting hit whether you have to play at 10% or 100% HP optimally, so this is kind of a moot point when discussing "TA skill". You have to play at 10% HP now actually since DF is still one of the most useful weapons).

As far as I'm concerned, vanilla balance is still just as "deep" and requires just as much "skill" as the standard private server balances. There's obviously some flaws between the classes, but I don't think the whole "RA > HU" thing is 100% true at all that people seem to believe for vanilla. The hierarchies (assuming their most optimal class) have their place in everything.

How many players have a tjs on this server? Is there even a single person to begin with?

As already stated by someone else, contrary to popular believe, hucast is still the to go class in TA. Though unlike scht, a single racast might come in handy in one or two quests (unless the dmc issue gets resolved, in which multiple racasts may be a possibility).

I'm not sure if it would really require more skills using a locked DF(pso hardly requires any execution to begin with). There are a couple spots I can think of, though in general it might actually be easier. I didn't give this too much thought, so please elaborate your position with a couple examples.

As far as I can tell, the parts of the game where you can one shot enemies are just as easy with a locked and unlocked DF. The other parts simply get impossible or redundant to clear with low hp managment (for instance row c2, d2 or towers in general), which would allow you to full hp through these parts, making it essentially easier. Additionally, there'd be much more frequent use of freeze traps, simply because of missing ata/atp to combokill tougher enemies (ruins, crater, desert, nearly all of ep2 aside from temple and spaceship maybe).

Planning would essentially change so that you probably never have to stand in front of multiple enemies, unless you can clean them with vjaya (has a really short range). A lot of the planning would revolve around getting maximun use of DoB and Vjaya.

I'd much rather have MR unlocked tbh

Matt said:
It kind of invalidates the majority of things, though. While everything has a use, DF is used more often than not over everything else.

It's a very centralising weapon. Just look at how people are complaining that it's not unlocked and therefore Hunters are not "viable".

They are not viable because there is an inherent imbalance amongst the classes in vanilla PSO, not because Dark Flow itself is an issue unlocked.

I just gave you a laundry list of items commonly used on HU. I did not even mention the really niche stuff like Red Handgun. So I do not see how your claim that it invalidates the majority of things when it obviously does not. Its used often because its a good weapon and Swords are a key item class for HU's. Its no different than Charge Arma for RA's. There are just too many things it doesn't do that HU's need othet items for.
falkenjeff said:
Ulevo said:
It invaldiates every other sword except TJS, yes, but there is always a best weapon per item class for what it does.

It's also 1/64 from a boss.

Why hunt TJS at 1/12k from a miniboss if you can get unlocked dark flow (with hit) from a boss at 1/64?

There's no reason Dark Flow should be the best sword in the game, especially when you get to manipulate its stats for free by buying a 50% hit calibur from the shop. Unlocked Dark Flow doesn't just invalidate the other swords in the game - it makes them worthless to hunt as well, because any other sword with hit is way harder to hunt than a PGF.

So what's your point?

The drop system is poorly designed and unfair. You can make the same argument about Dual Birds vs any other high tier rare Mechgun. The short of it is that TJS should not have such an abyssmal drop, and guess what, good items will outclass other ones. If you need to adjust the PGF rate then fine.

Mr J said:
Ulevo said:
This is straight up false. Mastsr Raven/Charge Raygun, L&K38, Hell Raygun, Arrest Raygun, Hell J-Cutter, Arrest J-Cutter, TJS, S-Beats Blade, Vjaya, Excalibur, S-Red Blades, Charge Vulcans, Charge Diska/Diska of Braveman, Empress/MKB/DLS, Demon Mechguns, Slicer of Fanatic, Twin Blaze, Zalure Handgun, Kunai, more, all of these weapons have utility and purpose on a HU. Saying Dark Flow does everything and invalidates your other arsenal options is wrong. It invaldiates every other sword except TJS, yes, but there is always a best weapon per item class for what it does.
Thinking Empress is vanilla. :lol:

Where did I ever imply Empress is vanilla? I am talking to people who were present on Schthack for a proper frame of reference.

Also, Dark Flow does not outclass TJS.

Matt said:
I'm not saying the TA done towards the end of SCHTServ's time took less skill or anything like that, but I don't think you can argue that an unlocked DF makes the game take more "skill", even if you have to play at 10% HP (and honestly, if you're TA'ing, you're not going to be getting hit whether you have to play at 10% or 100% HP optimally, so this is kind of a moot point when discussing "TA skill". You have to play at 10% HP now actually since DF is still one of the most useful weapons).

you can get hit. mistakes are made in every run. but if you're full hp you won't die when a mistake is made you'll just flinch lol. sometimes not even a mistake, it can be early walkers too.

also stonecutters never used dfs or finished row xd.

Ulevo said:
If you need to adjust the PGF rate then fine.

You would need to delete all current PGFs from the server.

Too many of them already exist. xD

government said:
Matt said:
I'm not saying the TA done towards the end of SCHTServ's time took less skill or anything like that, but I don't think you can argue that an unlocked DF makes the game take more "skill", even if you have to play at 10% HP (and honestly, if you're TA'ing, you're not going to be getting hit whether you have to play at 10% or 100% HP optimally, so this is kind of a moot point when discussing "TA skill". You have to play at 10% HP now actually since DF is still one of the most useful weapons).

you can get hit. mistakes are made in every run. but if you're full hp you won't die when a mistake is made you'll just flinch lol. sometimes not even a mistake, it can be early walkers too.

also stonecutters never used dfs or finished row xd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofCFnYqKkio
And as you can see, it's mostly racasts standing in the corner using charge arms and hs. But this was 6 years ago and the way people play has changed a lot since then.

Whoa, I think I recall when that video was first posted, back before SCHTServ totally went down the tubes. Oh, memories.
wub.gif

One fix that is top priority is changing Baranz Launcher to its proper colors. It being green instead of blue messes with my head cannon.

iirc there are blue and green launchers (I mean originals from sega), but the itempmt (server side file) says which skin each weapon will use, if that's the case an itempmt change would make it rather than customizing your skins (because you will end with 2 blue launchers in your skins)

By that logic Belra arm should drop off Dark Belra, not Indi Belra, as the weapon is themed off the N-VH variant.
There wouldn't happen to be a similar case for that useless piece of garbage, would there?

Mr J said:
By that logic Belra arm should drop off Dark Belra, not Indi Belra, as the weapon is themed off the N-VH variant.
That's not the same thing at all... by my logic, the Belra Cannon should be reskinned to use the Indi Belra's arm.

Aleron's example is harder since, you know, differing weapon specials. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back