Votes: 37 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 50.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CocoapuffFarmer said:
natu said:
They wouldn't really be able to solo 100% at 80 in ultimate unless they were already super geared up/mated or had the right type of class.
That sounds like more of a reason to keep the level requirements as they are. Its only 10 more levels. 10 more levels to gain stats, and equips.

You do realize that before blue burst came out the level requirement was level 80 for ultimate and vh was level 40 but I don't really expect everyone who played psobb to know this probably because some of those people started "late" on psobb private servers. That's not changing the game drastically it's just adding something back in the game that shouldn't have even been changed.

natu said:
CocoapuffFarmer said:
natu said:
They wouldn't really be able to solo 100% at 80 in ultimate unless they were already super geared up/mated or had the right type of class.
That sounds like more of a reason to keep the level requirements as they are. Its only 10 more levels. 10 more levels to gain stats, and equips.

You do realize that before blue burst came out the level requirement was level 80 for ultimate and vh was level 40 but I don't really expect everyone who played psobb to know this probably because some of those people started "late" on psobb private servers. That's not changing the game drastically it's just adding something back in the game that shouldn't have even been changed.
I do know that. Still don't see a reason to change it, though.

I see people talking about unlocking DF or other stuff but I really, really think that isn't needed.

Right now it's more of a utility weapon that you use as a tactical nuke, and other swords like Red Sword, Chain Sawd, and Flowens 3084 are all still legitimate options and you can kind of debate what the best sword is. I like that. Having DF get unlocked while still retaining that ridiculous special was quite frankly a mistake.

All the combo unlocks are unneeded, really. I prefer combo locked MR to unlocked, it feels different and more fun to use. All the weapons that were locked were locked for good reason. Except maybe Glide Divine.

I posted quite a few well-thought-out ideas. Anyone want to mention anything they agree or disagree with? (Only thing I've seen so far is one person agrees with implementing the tekker)

Obviously I thought they were all good ideas, but I''m one person. I'm not the entire community.

I would actually, again, like to mention the multi-mode switches on the regular non-quest maps, and the fact that one person should be able to press them by themselves. I have done a few more subterranean desert runs, leaving my games completely open and join-able. About 50% of the time, 60-90 minutes into my run, a single person will join. The other 50% of the time no one will join, and I will complete the entire desert and boss myself. What this tells me is this: it is literally impossible to play on the regular non-quest episode 1 & 2 maps while you're "waiting for people to join" because you will be blocked off by switches almost 100% of the time before someone gets there to help you (especially considering the switch is usually in the 2nd room lol). So the only way to form an episode 1 & 2 party is from the lobby, and if you're going to do that you're most likely just going to load a quest and not bother with the regular maps at all.

It would be nice if I could do seabed/spaceship/ruins runs while I wait for people to join my games (without leveling up a 2nd account just to press switches for me =x).

falkenjeff said:
I would actually, again, like to mention the multi-mode switches on the regular non-quest maps, and the fact that one person should be able to press them by themselves.
I'll be changing sometime this week.

Sodaboy said:
falkenjeff said:
I would actually, again, like to mention the multi-mode switches on the regular non-quest maps, and the fact that one person should be able to press them by themselves.
I'll be changing sometime this week.

Oh yay. Thanks =D

If nothing more, combo unlock Dark flow, Dark meteor and Dark Bridge.

Dark flow lets hunters do things no other sword can and actually pushes them on par with rangers.
Give Dark Meteor about 650-700 atp and around 60 ata. (just under sacri damage shots or so.
Give Dark bridge divine punishment so FOS have a multi hitting Light targetting tech since Grants suck diddly ucks.
Give PGF an 11 star rate. (could even make it a straight multiplier) Example: (red handgun for Tollaw is 1/901 while Agito and Lavis are 1/28807.) 10 star vs 11 star.

Also, reduce Nug 2000 to 550-600 atp/55 ata and combo unlock it to justify its rarirty.

Hey everyone,

I voted yes, but only in regards to furthering changes that improve quality of life so to speak. As has been touched upon already by a few, I would like to see the core game remain unchanged (as in re-balancing certain items, classes, etc.), but some new features that enhance the play experience. What has been implemented so far all fall under the quality of life category, like the PSO2 drop system, the PSU luck system, stackable mats/grinders, etc.

And with the Halloween event seemingly reaching its peak, I would like to see PSU style rare missions be permanently implemented post Halloween albeit with exceedingly lower activation rates to make them a real treat to encounter on the... you know... rare occasion.

I do want to bring up a suggestion worth considering: tweaking the /lobby command to not be limited to a 6 minute cool down or be restricted to usage on Pioneer 2. I know there is a lot of potential abuse for this, but if there could be a way to implement a feature that would be highly akin to the abandon mission command from PSU, it would make doing certain repetitive hunts exponentially faster (Skyly PW4 for SJS is a perfect example). Is it really necessary for us to have to run through Pioneer back to the Guild to cancel a mission? This process literally adds up to hours of time over a long hunting period.

Overall, I do want to see the core game remain mostly Vanilla, just with some light modernization touches to make playing it more convenient. Thanks Sodaboy, and everyone else who contributes, for the great server!

I'm very much against combo unlocks at the moment. Also against stat editing... This is really just a poll right now. Any changes I have made thus far I had been leaning toward for a bit.

It seems like the community is just about split down the middle so definitely wouldn't want to make any major changes right now anyhow.

GuardianGirth said:
If nothing more, combo unlock Dark flow, Dark meteor and Dark Bridge.

Dark flow lets hunters do things no other sword can and actually pushes them on par with rangers.
Give Dark Meteor about 650-700 atp and around 60 ata. (just under sacri damage shots or so.
Give Dark bridge divine punishment so FOS have a multi hitting Light targetting tech since Grants suck diddly ucks.
Give PGF an 11 star rate. (could even make it a straight multiplier) Example: (red handgun for Tollaw is 1/901 while Agito and Lavis are 1/28807.) 10 star vs 11 star.

Also, reduce Nug 2000 to 550-600 atp/55 ata and combo unlock it to justify its rarirty.

Please no. DF unlock is ridiculously lame. It doesn't let anyone in a party do anything.

I would like to see some small changes to some of the ep4 shamby drops. Some of them are really awful. ex: Striker Plus and Black Odoshi red.

IMO
I wouldn't combo unlock DF, DM, etc definitely not no offense but it would just break the server. It would be just like eden, scht, and ultima which would be dumb. Why be like the other servers that have combo unlocked weapons like that. Next thing you know the whole server is cancer. Just figure out what you can and can't kill with combo locked DF, DM. In other words don't be lazy.

Graysexual Zucchini said:
unlock DF/MR, this is honestly the best change you could make to the server.
NO PLEASE

Yeah do NOT unlock the combos on weapons lol.

Dis game is already easy. Doesn't need to be easier =x

It always amuses me how much heat the subject of combo-locking brings. Then again I suppose it's the difference between a weapon being a novelty or a game-changer. Unlock Belra Launcher I dare you.

It's kind of sad just how broken the unlocked Dark Flow is. Just look at pretty much any late BB video from SCHTServ, and every Hunter runs around with a Lavis Blade to drain HP so he can use Dark Flow to kill everything. The special makes every other sword pointless if it can combo, so it's a pity that DF can't have only its special combo locked or just not have the special at all anymore so that it could be allowed to combo without totally breaking the game. The only other sword that even came close to unlocked DF was Rainbow, and that doesn't count, since it was a new item with broken stats instead of a broken special.

I've only seen one video with Dark Meteor, so since its special isn't totally broken (at least compared to the other crazy options Rangers have), unlocking it isn't nearly as detrimental as unlocking Dark Flow is. The DF special is so good that it still has some uses even without being able to combo, but I'm not aware of any particular reason to ever use Dark Meteor as long as it's locked.

I forgot to mention, you should change DF's special if you were to do that. Otherwise, yes it is retarded. But anyone here who doesnt think Dark Meteor shouldn't be combo unlocked and stronger is out of their fucking mind. It should be the strongest shot in the game.

If we're combo-unlocking things please include Iron Faust... Even if it needs to be nerfed a little first (not that I think it does).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back