Introducing PSO Seasons on Ephinea

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very exciting. I can't wait to play this! Might I make a suggestion for rewards, that Path of Exile does for race/ladder stuff? My suggestion would be to create an item that is like an item skin, an alternative art is what they are called in Path of Exile, that is consumed and used on a particular item it's meant to modify. For example, maybe an alternative art Standstill Shield that is red. Not the most imaginative example, but then again they don't need to be insanely different to encourage participation imo. Alternative arts in Path of Exile have always been really neat, have encouraged participation and have had a small market of their own in the main game.

Either way I can't wait to play! Runescape has a mode like race/season/ladder that does well called Deadman Mode which I think is most popular due to the fresh start environment it creates. More so than the PKing. So, can't wait!

This sounds awesome. Seasons could really get me back into PSOBB. What are the plans to keep people from just grinding quests like TTF right from the start? I'd like to see some incentive for classic play like story quests and straight clears. How will HBR affect Season play?

I suggest that Guild quests be locked out per difficulty until a DF kill or something. Or at least restrict quests until the corresponding area is cleared. E.g. Extermination quests for Forest would be unavailable until 1-3 Gov quest is cleared.

Why not just force all characters created during a Season to be seasonal characters? Is it that important that someone be able make a twink? At the very least make Seasonal character the default and have an option to drop out of the season before a certain level and remove yourself from the leaderboards.

Speaking of leaderboards, how much is going to be tracked for things like Season firsts? First Ult DF kill, first lvl 100 etc.

Some information prior to season start would be great for theory-crafting leveling routes. Of course it could also be fun going in blind.

I suggest that Guild quests be locked out per difficulty until a DF kill or something. Or at least restrict quests until the corresponding area is cleared. E.g. Extermination quests for Forest would be unavailable until 1-3 Gov quest is cleared.
We're already doing this. For starters, the boss rush quests will be gone entirely from the seasons so you have to actually play the game. While there will always be "bests" of course, the other quests require you to actually play to some degree instead of just tagging a boss you see every 2 minutes.

There will also be some minor progression path, which will unlock quests as you clear the areas (for example, doing Seabed will unlock PW3), so you can't just jump into a new difficulty and boot up something like PW3 for easy gains. That comes later once you've shown you can beat the difficulty.
Why not just force all characters created during a Season to be seasonal characters? Is it that important that someone be able make a twink? At the very least make Seasonal character the default and have an option to drop out of the season before a certain level and remove yourself from the leaderboards.
Because not everyone will want to play Seasons. Better to give them the option.
Speaking of leaderboards, how much is going to be tracked for things like Season firsts? First Ult DF kill, first lvl 100 etc.
Still discussing, we'll see.

May I suggest that there's a text channel created in Discord for the players doing the Seasonal thing? I think it'll be better for us to find other people doing it and discuss our progress so we don't clutter other text channels in the Discord for those not doing it.

I dunno about this, I stopped playing before christmas because the games I could actually join was getting to the point where i'd be staring at the games list for 5 minutes and logging off quietly. Now that half the playerbase is gonna be taking off to seasons the games gonna be dull as hell, its basically play seasons or dont play at all from where I'm sitting and I actually enjoy the way the game is right now. u.u

I dunno about this, I stopped playing before christmas because the games I could actually join was getting to the point where i'd be staring at the games list for 5 minutes and logging off quietly.

its basically play seasons or dont play at all from where I'm sitting and I actually enjoy the way the game is right now. u.u
That's not the impression I got from your previous sentence.

---
My question to Matt or Sodaboy is this: What exactly ARE the rewards? Is it off limits to know vaguely what we'll be getting from these seasons? Is it just RDR and DAR changes over milestone completions? Or are there actually cool items we can get that are given to our banks for accomplishing certain goals?

Are there certain rewards for certain classes? Like if items can be awarded for completing a milestone, then is the reward system complex enough to where if a Ramar hits a lvl 20 milestone they get a cool mechgun but if a Fomar hits that same lvl 20 milestone they could get a high level spell?
Can I have some specifics if there are any?

We have no specifics for rewards yet.

It will have rewards though, obviously, for doing things like levelling up, clearing quests, defeating certain enemies, finding certain items, etc.

That's not the impression I got from your previous sentence.

(I dunno how to use quotes u.u)

Yeah sorry, I mean like there's quiet periods already in between events and now the players who don't wanna restart are kinda in even shorter supply of games to join now.

But I guess if it helps draw in a larger pool of players there would be more people you could get to play their normal accounts. So could be good - could be bad I guess. We'll see how it goes

someone's been playing Path of Exile lol

i think it'll be good for those who want to play it, i can barely keep track of one character even though I've made 2 others let alone do a challenge character tbh

Saw some things in the thread that still seemed up in the air on how it was being implemented; i.e. if there would be an actual option on the character creation screen or if it get flagged after ship select. With the first season starting January 12, has all of that been ironed out, implemented/tested, etc. for that start date now? If so, any indication yet when you'll officially be starting the season time wise?

Really looking forward to having a "fresh" start with others. Should be a lot of fun!

Totally looking forward to this!

But I think there needs to be a minor incentive attached to a seasonal character while in the season, like a hardcore character. The lifespan will be about 3 months so maybe a small EXP or Drop All boost in order to make progress smoother as A) There won't be as many people playing this mode since it will split the community making games more difficult to find; and B) Give a worthwhile incentive for getting people to play Seasonal mode - Don't get me wrong rewards for topping leaderboards and probably neat mag cell for playing the season are nice, but I think the novelty will wear off quickly if a season is only going to be 3 months long in a game that takes a couple 100 hours to get to a respectable level.

Dreaming for maybe a boost to finding hit%s on weapons ;)

I've only been interested in pso development and haven't been interested in actually playing for many years, but the seasonal thing has me excited to participate. : )

Looking forward to this now..
I think its a good thing the boss rush quests will be locked, and hope will stay so during the season.
Having everybody actually starting with nothing in hand is actually a good thing - No twink, no powerful item nor mag on the market to pump you up - Everybody is new and deprived.

And the fact that the character be transfered to the assigned account (Normal or Hardcore) at the end, actually give a real reason to make a new character, which usually is only made up for a new ID.

Regardless the rewards, which i dont really care of, its a good personal challenge.
Three months is a long long time though, pretty sure most of us will go far into the build, if dedicated to the seasonal.

Happy to see this, will definitly invest time in this - Good job!!

//Steph

Only
Been into pso for about 3 months now and I’ve gotten a FOmar to 133 and gotten slightly bored , I’m super excited about seasons !!! But what class hardcore no doubt !! But still I love support FOmarl/fonewearl but so many people talking about making fo”s I might go hucast for the traps and power but soloing gets hard at VH so perhaps HUnewearl for the s,d,j,z are ramarl for the distance in hardcore would be helpful so many options !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back