Introducing PSO Seasons on Ephinea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo 3 also has 57843579457943x the number of players as this game.
I have no doubt people are interested in such a feature, but I think our playerbase is too low to reasonably support it.

A few people have their doubts, but a lot of people I know are also hyped for it. So if worst comes to worst and only 3 or 4 of us actually play it, then those 3/4 players will get all the prizes. It's w/e. No harm will come from it whether it works out or not. I think it's a dope Idea and will be participating actively!

A few people have their doubts, but a lot of people I know are also hyped for it. So if worst comes to worst and only 3 or 4 of us actually play it, then those 3/4 players will get all the prizes. It's w/e. No harm will come from it whether it works out or not. I think it's a dope Idea and will be participating actively!

Not only that but those 3/4 players will always have a party to play with :)

Great idea! At the conclusion of the season, is the seasonal character simply converted to a new regular account, or can it be transferred to the player's already existing account? (Assuming they have at least one of their 32 character slots open?)

Edit: It never ceases to amaze me the ideas that you guys come up with to keep the game exciting and fresh.

Edit 2: Please make the seasonal characters have green-colored names! (This would be a nice nod to D3's green seasonal logo!)

Thanks!
It's not a fresh account, it will be on your existing account. The character will be flagged rather than the account.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cool.

Will there be an easy way of identifying seasonal games vs regular games, or will you have to check each room before you try joining?

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cool.

Will there be an easy way of identifying seasonal games vs regular games, or will you have to check each room before you try joining?
We'll probably have the game list filtered.

You won't be able to see seasonal games if you're on a non-seasonal character and vice versa.

If I can get some friends to play with me, I will definitely try this out. If not, I may try it out anyways

We'll probably have the game list filtered.

You won't be able to see seasonal games if you're on a non-seasonal character and vice versa.
I can see this splitting the community quite a bit, considering not everyone will want to participate in PSO seasons.

There's around 100 users (and growing) online at any given time, and I feel like this could potentially be a bad idea.
Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am.

I really don't see how some of you think this will divide our community. This is what pso is about the grind. It's too easy once, you have decent gear to make another character and start off OP. It's a fresh start for all who contributes. We don't know how many people will find a new reason to play again or make a fresh character. It's a test run. Most people who have been playing on this server for a while who join this and I think it will be quite a few will of course still play there other characters. Same old same Ole gets boring. Thank you to the staff for always adding a twist to a old but awesome game!!

Last edited:
Honestly, many of the people commenting on here (myself included) already play largely in res'd games with the same people. I don't think it will "split the community" any more than it is. I'm excited for this, b/c I think it will be interesting to experience the early game without TTF rushing and having OP gear.

Edit: Pumped for awesome 40 hit Varista auctions.

I see both sides of the argument, however I will give it a good go and honestly I'm excited, something that's hard in an old game sometimes.

I for one am super excited for this, I haven't been around since the end of 2016, mostly been playing other games. I kinda lost the spark to play PSO regularly but this is exactly what is needed to get me to play regularly. As long as Seasons allows hardcore characters, you can expect me to be back to playing regularly again.

It sounds cool. It's a fresh start with base gear. What about mag raising? That's usually the biggest impediment to the early game.

There are so many different things you could play around with... When the character rolls back into the regular account, do they keep all stats and gear? What if you had the option to carry the character into the new season and keep all stats/gear, or you could cash it in for a starting reward for a new seasonal character? You could make some kind of aggregated value based on level, materials consumed, rare weapon points total, and mag level to determine the reward amount.
eg. character level 50 + mag level 150 + 15 materials eaten + 35 team points worth of gear = 250, you can keep the character into the new season or cash it in for a new character that gets 1 reward, or 250 points worth of rewards.
Totally spit balling here. You guys come up with cool shit. I love it.

And as Matt said, there "shouldn't really be an excuse to avoid innovation".

If everything will split the community, why do anything?

I get your point, but it shouldn't really be an excuse to avoid innovation if it's something people want.

It's a good idea don't get me wrong.
Overall it's quite nice for new players/old players to have something tangible to work for while leveling.

The problem is we don't have a deep enough player base to have it fully realized without consequences.
(Fragmenting the already quite small community)

I'm not saying that taking a risk/chance is a bad idea, just stating that there is potential issues with this idea.

Anything else I could discuss was stated before in the topic, I'll put away my pitchfork until I see the prizes.

Last edited:
If something godawful happens re: fragmenting the community, then we'll either identify what caused it and fix it for next season or just not do another season if it's inherently unfixable. Simple as that. At the very worst, it'll be three months of whatever catastrophic split you guys are predicting, then a complete return to what we have now at the end of the season, and smooth sailing from there. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back