Introducing PSO Seasons on Ephinea

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds cool. It's a fresh start with base gear. What about mag raising? That's usually the biggest impediment to the early game.

There are so many different things you could play around with... When the character rolls back into the regular account, do they keep all stats and gear? What if you had the option to carry the character into the new season and keep all stats/gear, or you could cash it in for a starting reward for a new seasonal character? You could make some kind of aggregated value based on level, materials consumed, rare weapon points total, and mag level to determine the reward amount.
eg. character level 50 + mag level 150 + 15 materials eaten + 35 team points worth of gear = 250, you can keep the character into the new season or cash it in for a new character that gets 1 reward, or 250 points worth of rewards.
Totally spit balling here. You guys come up with cool shit. I love it.

And as Matt said, there "shouldn't really be an excuse to avoid innovation".
Seasonal characters will just turn into normal ones at the end of the Season (with everything you've found and grinded for), so that there's no "time waste". Probably won't do anything too funky.

Will there be any bonuses to drop rates or EXP?

Regarding mag feeding, is it possible to double the gains from feeding or shorten cooldown, or is that not possible?

Seasonal characters will just turn into normal ones at the end of the Season (with everything you've found and grinded for), so that there's no "time waste". Probably won't do anything too funky.
Can you add them into your main account on a cbank slot or nah

Basically you choose a slot from your account @VENOM which becomes a seasonal character to play with seasonal characters/games only and blocked shared bank (you select whether to be seasonal at log in somewhere), then when the season ends the whole seasonal stuff becomes disabled or whatever and so that character on your account is part of the rest of the account.

Basically you choose a slot from your account @VENOM which becomes a seasonal character to play with seasonal characters/games only and blocked shared bank (you select whether to be seasonal at log in somewhere), then when the season ends the whole seasonal stuff becomes disabled or whatever and so that character on your account is part of the rest of the account.
Nice- I like how that works, ty for clearing it up x)

Sounds solid, looking forward to it

I can see the issues on both sides of the coin, however I am just happy to be here playing PSO! The fact that a game this old is still getting the attention it does is incredible. And I don't think the player pool for PSO is small at all. There's multiple servers all with a pretty equal sized community... If only we were one!

We'll probably have the game list filtered.

You won't be able to see seasonal games if you're on a non-seasonal character and vice versa.

It's already been said about the splitting of the already small 100~ active players, just like you don't promote people making their own spin off servers, I can't see why you would separate players more, I'm glad HC was changed, not sure what the reasoning for it was, if you blocked trades with sandbox accounts I cant see why they can't play together also,
I feel personally the best aspect of the game is 4 players questing together and this just adds more barriers to that experience.

I understand that you want to add new and innovating ways to play the game, to add re-playability or encourage people to start over, but feel it will negatively impact group play for those that don't want to start a seasons characters.

Ideally, it would be great if you could roll out a patch for Teth servers that allowed multi server ship connection to bridge the fragmented community (is that even theoretically possible lol?)
or have a ship where regardless of your account or character race, we can all play together, united as one hunters.

But what I really want to ask ,
How IS the game list populated?
What determines the sort order of games?

Thanks if you can help solve this 16 year mystery.

The game list is sorted by creation time, but not quite.

There are X number of game slots that can be made (let's just use 100 for this).

If 100 games are made, they'll fill slot 1, then slot 2, then slot 3, ... all the way to slot 100 assuming no games are disbanded.

However, slot 5 ends up disbanding, so game 97 is made but takes slot 5 instead of slot 97, because it's the earliest available slot.

So after a while the game list just comes off totally random in practice. It would be kinda cool if it sorted by some sort of field like difficulty though.

Also I think that Seasons will actually end up making it so there are more full multiplayer games than the opposite, at least in Seasons specifically. The main game generally has people soloing or duoing for their items that other people aren't interested in hunting because they already have them, but in a Seasons game, everyone will need everything, therefore everyone has a reason to play instead of limited reasons. It's why people played on new servers such as Destiny and why they enjoyed the launch; everyone was new and fresh, so all content was good to play and getting games was a lot easier, since no matter what you wanted to play, almost everyone had a reason to play it, unlike the current state of Ephinea (why play EN4 for example if you already have your 40H Spread Needle?).

So I have a suggestion regarding Seasonal Slots.

Make it a single page of 3 character slots marked as S or T (Seasonal or Temporary), similar to the "transferred character" function from memory cards on consoles.

If you treat each of those temp slots like an outgoing transfer from the account page, you should then have no trouble with allowing a character to be moved back afterwards.

if you blocked trades with sandbox accounts I cant see why they can't play together also

Can still be abusable regardless of items. For example, create 2 accounts, Sandbox + Normal then /lvlup 200 your SB character, then carry your Normal through TTF using SB char etc. Reasons like this is why the gameplay is 100% split away.

Also, I think to additionally incentivize seasonal play, you can grant rewards for a variety of categories with bigger rewards for larger groups. But due to the small player base, the best way would simply be to leave it as highest EXP.

So you'd have the following groups for Leaderboards:

- Highest EXP Overall
- Highest EXP Class (Hunter/Ranger/Force
- Highest EXP Race (HUmar/HUnewearl/RAcaseal/FOnewearl and so on)

I'm also curious as to how long seasons would last, since we would need them short enough to be engaging but long enough you need to dedicate.

So what's the difference between this and sayyyyy me playing a brand new character on my account but just not transferring gear over? Outside of the obvious restrictions of who I play with, restrictions of quests I can play, and new leaderboards of course.

So what's the difference between this and sayyyyy me playing a brand new character on my account but just not transferring gear over? Outside of the obvious restrictions of who I play with, restrictions of quests I can play, and new leaderboards of course.

You're not doing it alone! You get to see your progression relative to others and race to achieve certain things first if you feel like it. The meta of a fresh server is very different than the meta of an older server.

Can we have more than 1 seasonal character?
If so, will we have a separate shared bank to use between them? Or will we have to ask another person to hold items as we move them from one character to another?

Seems like a cool idea. Personally I would have rather seen more investment in time attack modes but by the looks of it that won't be happening anytime soon

I'm really glad to see new features, and happy for the people that will enjoy them...
...but grinding levels is the least enjoyable part about PSO to me.

I don't expect the server to cater toward a minority like myself, but in an attempt to leave constructive feedback, I would only take part if there was a solo ladder and/or some sort of achievement/reward system that didn't totally revolve around grinding xp.

But in the end, I know that Sodaboy has been tossing around the idea of Seasons for a long time now, so it's neat that he finally is getting a chance to make it happen. Very exciting stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back