Episode 4 Drop Table Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I missed something, PoD wasn't removed from the game. You can still solo it, don't worry.
Why tho? If I log in I'm gonna be playing my HUmar, so I won't even be getting exp. Will just feel completely pointless after 1 run.

Like I may as well just alt+bs the boss.

Except the boss isn't even useless, it just doesn't drop all the ubers anymore.

Except the boss isn't even useless, it just doesn't drop all the ubers anymore.
Because I want dragon scales, right?

My current ID is rupika/crimson coat/rupika. May as well never kill the boss again. Those are worth like less than a PD. If that's not useless then I don't know what is.

And? Not every enemy gets good drops on every ID.

Go change your ID if PoD'ing forever is really your jam.

And? Not every enemy gets good drops on every ID.

Go change your ID if PoD'ing forever is really your jam.

Change it to what? One of the dragon scale IDs? The item I probably still have sitting in my bank because no one wanted to part with their precious PDs to buy it?

The only items that look appealing are bovn and mother garb+ and POSSIBLY cent/ability (those are hard to sell because no one uses them in a final build). And every single one of those items drop from saint/kondi. So there's really no point to doing PoD. The shambertin drop is garbage. Might as well do saint million runs.

The quest is dead and you killed it. Intentionally. Which is kinda sad because this is a game, and games are supposed to be fun. You don't just kill a fun quest because it's being spammed.

I just wanted to be able to log into PSO and play the stuff I used to play. Not study new drop charts, change all my IDs, and learn all the new quests because the quest I like is ruined. If I want to spend all my time studying changes and playing ruined/gutted content, I can just keep playing League of Legends.

Yeah I don't understand your argument at all. BOVN, MG+, and Cent/Ability are all worth AROUND 10 PDs...Dragon Scale is 5 and will go up because it's rarer now.

You'll be making LESS MONEY doing POD but if you really love the quest that much it shouldn't matter!

Yeah I don't understand your argument at all. BOVN, MG+, and Cent/Ability are all worth AROUND 10 PDs...Dragon Scale is 5 and will go up because it's rarer now.

You'll be making LESS MONEY doing POD but if you really love the quest that much it shouldn't matter!

No one buys my dragons scales.

BOVN,MG+, and Cent/Ability all drop from Saint Million, not Shambertin. It's like he said "Oh everyone is spamming PoD? Lets move the good drops to the regular boss then, so people spam the government quest instead."

Except you can get the drops from PoD by Kondrieu's spawn...

Saint takes longer to get to, so it only makes sense that it has the better drops, however you can spawn Kondrieu in PoD if you're really dying to play that instead, although it will have a lower overall rate (and Kondrieu spawning while hunting Saint means you got a drop boost for that run).

To me it sounds like you're just salty that everything isn't going your way and it isn't super ez mode anymore.

Last edited:
Matt,

Your original post states we're allowed unlimited section ID changes for 2 weeks (presumably from the time of the OP) and one last change AFTER those two weeks end.

A couple things I'd appreciate clarity on:

- Can there be a specified time and date to when changing IDs expires (so we can mark our calendars)?

- Are there any timeframe restrictions for changing section ID one last time after the two week period?

Thanks in advance!

It'll be sometime on the 26th on June, and after that, players will have 2 weeks to decide what their final ID will be. After those 2 weeks, SID changing will be locked to under 20s only once again.

To me it sounds like you're just salty that everything isn't going your way and it isn't super ez mode anymore.
I'm salty the game is constantly changing, yes. I have been salty EVERY time the drop charts changed, right from the first whitill red ring nerf.

This goes far beyond that. I have to learn an entirely new game now if I want o play PSO again. And I really don't want to, so I just won't play, probably indefinitely. You can go ahead and keep changing shit that's fine to keep things "fresh." You better hope you keep getting new players, because you won't be keeping the old ones.

I log in and there's new quests and new content? That's fine.

I log in and the entire drop table and section IDs have changed? No ty. Not my PSO anymore. Not sure if you noticed, but people who are playing a 12 year old game don't really like this thing called "change" very much.

It'll be sometime on the 26th on June, and after that, players will have 2 weeks to decide what their final ID will be. After those 2 weeks, SID changing will be locked to under 20s only once again.

Oh good so returning players will be fucked then.

If I don't study the charts and change my IDs now, I'll be locked into the trash that you've created for me.

You won't be missed since you're being contrarian for the sake of it.

We didn't change things to keep things fresh, we changed them because there were huge fundamental problems with the Episode 4 drop charts which caused players to not play. If we lose one ridiculously salty player such as yourself, that's fine by me.

For someone being so salty over a drop table being changed, you seem to forget Sega themselves changed them a few times THEMSELVES. 'Your' PSO just happens to be the same drop table everybody used because ez ubers the one time Sega said SURE WHY NOT.

Get over it, mang. I'd rather have a variety in quest choice and a shakeup in drop types than watch EVERY lobby be PoD for Lames and Heaven Strikers all god damn day every day. I for one MUCH welcome the changes and I have probably 6000+ hours over all types of PSO, including 4700 on GC.

Reactions: Kyu
Maybe nobody bought your dragon scales because they were so easy to get, so maybe now they will sell since it takes more out of people's time to hunt them. I don't really understand why you are so incredibly salty since it honestly seems like you haven't given the changes a shot at all. At this point it's just turning into a tantrum.

I'm a veteran PSO player and I think the changes were a good thing. Don't presume to speak for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back