Ephinea's Christmas Event

RE: People crying about Hit%, can reduce from 50% to 40% for the TA rewards and adjust Episode IV hit % appearance (since we never knew the rates for %s anyway) to be 3% to all IDs with the exception of Yellowboze which would get 5%. Right now it's 1% all the way around, exception Yellowboze at 3%.

Will that pacify you?
'not 5%, but it's (way) better than what we have now, so yespls.

[...] sum noobs are getting better gear then me because they completed a quest fast.
Quote of the year. My sides still hurt.
I mean, I get the point, but the way you're telling it is hilarous.

Last edited:
'not 5%, but it's (way) better than what we have now, so yespls.

Quote of the year. My sides still hurt.
I mean, I get the point, but the way you're telling it is hilarous.
I need to stop going on social media as soon as I wake up XD

I need to stop going on social media as soon as I wake up XD
I tend to drunk post quite often, so I can't blame you. :p

As for the point, I don't really get why there's so much drama over a TA contest (well, TA=drama, but still, this isn't schtserv). I think some items like excal/HS 50h was a bit too much, but it was removed/put on"present". Then again, if it's just that, it justifies the fact that people are trying to get it and play the event. And if someone manages to get on the boards, and deliberately choses to risk losing a reward to a disk or some shit, and gets one of the ubers instead, then it's a fair enough reward for the risk they've taken, in my opinion.

I mean he isn't wrong is he? Hahaha.
I don't know, isn't he? Honhonhon.

Edit: Broken frenglish ftw.

Last edited:
RE: People crying about Hit%, can reduce from 50% to 40% for the TA rewards and adjust Episode IV hit % appearance (since we never knew the rates for %s anyway) to be 3% to all IDs with the exception of Yellowboze which would get 5%. Right now it's 1% all the way around, exception Yellowboze at 3%.

Will that pacify you?

I think this would solve ALL OF THE PROBLEMS <3

With Ep2/Ep4's current hit chance (1%; 3% Yellowboze) and alleged chance of getting 40h+ untekked (1.44%, unless you have a more reliable source), getting a rare weapon with 40h+ is about 1/6944.4 (1/2314.8 Yellowboze) out of all its drops; we are expected to find thousands of the drop before one with equal or better hit appears. If the weapon itself is rare enough, requiring 5 hours to hunt one on average perhaps, someone dedicated to hunt one is very likely to need more than 5 years just to find one of them. It's obtainable, but not realistically obtainable.

Through community effort one may drop, but currently the time spent into hunting (40+h Zanba for example) pales in comparison with the length of the hunt.
Still not unobtainable. Do you really want to play the "Realistically Unobtainable" game?

Tell me a situation where a 50h zanba is better than DoB or Vjaya and I might agree that it's too good of a prize.
Or do you just think it's unfair someone would get the weapon with higher hit without a ton of dice rolls, as useless it may be in optimal play?
The main question is: If everyone has the same opportunity to obtain the items, why is it so important to you what items other people have?

Still not unobtainable. Do you really want to play the "Realistically Unobtainable" game?

Tell me a situation where a 50h zanba is better than DoB or Vjaya and I might agree that it's too good of a prize.
Or do you just think it's unfair someone would get the weapon with higher hit without a ton of dice rolls, as useless it may be in optimal play?
The main question is: If everyone has the same opportunity to obtain the items, why is it so important to you what items other people have?

I'm only explaining why some people consider it to be unobtainable, to clarify the points people are making. I'm not really standing on any side in this argument, and not the person you wanted to argue with.

Ives is more than capable of defending his own points, but you're the one claiming unobtainable means "realistically unobtainable." So, yes, now it is your argument. I don't mind that argument but it wasn't the one made earlier.
For the record, I'm of the opinion that all the ep2 item rates are awful in comparison to the ep4 items/rates that rendered the ep2 items largely useless, but that is a balance issue that a) Sega didn't care about and b) Soda doesn't care about, so it's not really relevant.

I still welcome any argument that isn't "this weapon is too good," because that's all I've really seen, and have shown why said weapons are not

For TA, is it individual top times or team. For example, if a group of 4 has the best time, do those 4 plus whoever is next qualify or would those 4 count as 1 time?

All the way down to NDW (Yuna and below should not get anything apart from the mag cell for getting on the board).

Can players receive more prizes by being in the top five times for this event in more than one of the three episodes?

Yes, since they're still separate quests, and therefore separate rankings.

Will that pacify you?

Since I'm salty about being booted from top 5 in Ep. IV and since I've just noticed that the person who planned the TA-event and the rewards is ranked first place in all three episodes, I just want to remind Soda of this in case he forgets...

Back