Ephinea Summer Event

I don't have a problem with the event or anything but I wish it was a bit more bearable for those who just started out.
I run with 3 friends are we are all lv120 range without any good gear or anything and we can't even clear a single run, which means no DAR boost so we find jack. I Know RNG is RNG but if we kill over 1300 mobs and only get 1 bronze badge between 4 players it makes us pretty unmotivated to keep going, specially if the banner flashes every 5 seconds with shinies everyone finds.

Maybe something to consider in the future? I mean it's not like people who have been playing for a while and have multiple lv150+ ish chars need all the loot that gets handed to them on a plate, they probarly trash 99% of them or let them rot in their bank while newer players would love them to progress in the game. I don't want to sound salty or anything, and I know I could just "suck it up and run with others who can clear it" but it just makes me think what the point is to keep running.

By all means keep up the good work with events, this is better then PSO2 can ever wish for, i just wanted to put in my 2cents on my expierence so far. It feels like it just rewards the players who are arround for a while and not so much the newer ones.

We've already discussed the situation and have an experimental fix in the works. You'll see it come to light when maintenance drops.

Addendum: You can still get badges by running Max Attack in any difficulty.

We've already discussed the situation and have an experimental fix in the works. You'll see it come to light when maintenance drops.

Addendum: You can still get badges by running Max Attack in any difficulty.
You can get HBR points from lower difficulties as well. 4 from VH isnt too bad compared to 6 from Ult

You can get HBR points from lower difficulties as well. 4 from VH isnt too bad compared to 6 from Ult

^^^^^^^What Andy said.

I said this in another topic as well, but I've had to drop down to VH on a few runs if I can't get a high-level group together to clear 1C or 2C. 4 points is still a pretty good amount. I'd be happy to do a couple of VH runs with you.

So.. afew questions

is 1 hbr point = 1% dar bonus for your party in the quest
Kill gates thing - so i'd need 500k kills combined on my account since its started to get the mag, for example? if so, where can i find out how many kills i actually have?

I gotta say, this is the most fun / enjoyable event since the 2010 Schthack Golden Torr event, for those who remember. I would say this event is even BETTER because it manages to encourage teamplay without breaking the game's mechanics or rendering all the special attacks useless. Kudos to the small, dedicated team that put this together. The proof of the event's success is the absolute shattering of the previous week's kill total :D

@Nina The HBR boost varies depending on points, but it's not a linear increase (rather has diminishing returns). More details can be found here.

For the items, if the item reads:

Item | 500,000 kills needed! - You don't need to get any kills to get this item.

If the item reads:

Item [Kill Gate: 5,000] | 500,000 kills needed! - You need 5,000 kills of your own to get the item, but it's only rewarded if the milestone is hit server-wide as well.

@Ade Personally I really disliked that Torr event... it was interesting for the about an hour, then the game literally became TLH and MA2, because that's where all the items and unique enemies were, and not to mention the special change which made playing the game normally impossible. (well not impossible, but definitely less enjoyable)

So.. afew questions

is 1 hbr point = 1% dar bonus for your party in the quest
Kill gates thing - so i'd need 500k kills combined on my account since its started to get the mag, for example? if so, where can i find out how many kills i actually have?
Cant answer question 1 but...

Question 2. No milestones yet have a personal kill gate. As long as you have 1 kill and are level 50, you will get the reward AT THE END OF THE EVENT. If there was a killgate it would be written something like this

Elenor Mag [KG = 100K] | 500,000 kills needed to unlock!

So to unlock the prize, it takes 500K kills server wide, but to RECEIVE the prize, you need 100K.

The numbers are speculative for explication purposes.

Probably not, events will give their own types of drops with their own items (with some overlap).

@Nina The HBR boost varies depending on points, but it's not a linear increase (rather has diminishing returns). More details can be found here.

For the items, if the item reads:

Item | 500,000 kills needed! - You don't need to get any kills to get this item.

If the item reads:

Item [Kill Gate: 5,000] | 500,000 kills needed! - You need 5,000 kills of your own to get the item, but it's only rewarded if the milestone is hit server-wide as well.

oooh awesome, i must of been misreading the event table and talks of personal kills needing to beat the kills needed, i just assumed the gate *was* the kills to unlock xD. Thanks for clearing that up

@Matt: The Golden Torr event also had a huge boost for other rare drops and rare enemies, so that part made it cool, but you're right: Too much emphasis on TLH and MA2v2.

I'll never forget 08/20/2010: I missed work that day (first time ever at that job, so I was embarrassed) because my brakes failed on my car and I lived 30 minutes away from my job. Car in the shop, at home playing PSO, and I get the Mil Lily Pwand from the first Lilly room in MA4. :O

I gotta say, this is the most fun / enjoyable event since the 2010 Schthack Golden Torr event, for those who remember. I would say this event is even BETTER because it manages to encourage teamplay without breaking the game's mechanics or rendering all the special attacks useless. Kudos to the small, dedicated team that put this together. The proof of the event's success is the absolute shattering of the previous week's kill total :D
Fuck that was six years ago?

(well not impossible, but definitely less enjoyable)
Speak for yourself. HUmar was a god during that event. Master Raven + Spirit Special = Pretty op.

I gotta say, this is the most fun / enjoyable event since the 2010 Schthack Golden Torr event, for those who remember.
Nah, best event since last Christmas when everyone had shit tier gear and had to navigate through E2 and E4 Fiasco lool. Definitely going to be the best event soon. :)

Just wondering, do kills made in a MA quest that wasn't finished in time not count towards server milestones?

i would like to see some rates for hit %s of the Hunter. unless its the same as generic % spreads?

Back