Death Penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
As this has already been implemented, I'm assuming the decision is final and no longer up for discussion, but there are some elements to this that leave me worried. The main one being that it discourages people from doing harder content.

Let's say you're in a TTF or RT group. I'm afraid it's going to get much harder to find groups that are actually willing to do the whole thing as people are afraid of losing exp via death, causing groups to disband earlier.

I do agree that PSOBB needs heavier death penalites (losing the meseta you were carrying on GC seemed appropriate, orperhaps a heavier sync/IQ mag penalty), but the EXP loss feels like it might have too much of a negative side effect discouraging people from doing end game content.

Kevdo said:
Ain't nobody got time fo dat
Toshiko said:
As this has already been implemented, I'm assuming the decision is final and no longer up for discussion, but there are some elements to this that leave me worried. The main one being that it discourages people from doing harder content.

Let's say you're in a TTF or RT group. I'm afraid it's going to get much harder to find groups that are actually willing to do the whole thing as people are afraid of losing exp via death, causing groups to disband earlier.

I do agree that PSOBB needs heavier death penalites (losing the meseta you were carrying on GC seemed appropriate, orperhaps a heavier sync/IQ mag penalty), but the EXP loss feels like it might have too much of a negative side effect discouraging people from doing end game content.
Ffamran said:
How was this decided, and what good will it do?

It is vanilla behavior.

Addy said:
Yowch. I'm going to have to be a bit more careful. ;w;

I just reached the point where Darvants don't knock me over anymore =x.

If Falz corners me with his big-ass body, I'm kinda fucked now.

Meseta loss does nothing but affect people who use charge weapons, though. If you don't care about charge weapons then you can just keep your meseta banked while you are playing. It isn't a good death penalty.

yay for incoming griefers at falz. This is stupid and only limits gameplay...getting real sick of arbitrary limitations.

falkenjeff said:
Kevdo said:
Ain't nobody got time fo dat
Toshiko said:

Ffamran said:
How was this decided, and what good will it do?

It is vanilla behavior.

Obviously this server isn't 100% vanilla anyway.
I would like to see people talk about why it's a good penalty for death, and why it should be here. Maybe some PSO:BB JP vets can share their experiences.

The last I wanna do is sound whiney, but not everyone who comes to this server will do so because they're specifically looking for the closest thing to PSO:BB JP though.

"Why don't you just do me like Kunta Kinte and chop off my foot?"

falkenjeff said:
Colette said:
yay for incoming griefers at falz.

Gonna have to blacklist some people if that starts happening.

Yeah that'd be a start, I know people who will do it for a laugh too. I personally don't die a lot myself, but honestly this serves as nothing but another grindwall and I have a friend that's gonna quit "if more stupid crap gets implemented" so I'm probably gonna be playing alone now.

While I agree there should be some sort of death penalty to encourage people to not die (and play better), I'm not sure if PSOBB JP's EXP loss on death is the best way to go about it. I personally think you should put V2's death penalty of dropping weapon so I can "farm gear" by griefing ^___________^

Episode 2 was very rare on PSOBB because of the EXP loss, also, especially at higher levels when a death could make you lose hundreds of thousands of EXP.

Ffamran said:
The last I wanna do is sound whiney, but not everyone who comes to this server will do so because they're specifically looking for the closest thing to PSO:BB JP though.

At least its not like it was 15 years ago on V1 where you drop your equipped weapon and meseta.

Matt said:
While I agree there should be some sort of death penalty to encourage people to not die (and play better), I'm not sure if PSOBB JP's EXP loss on death is the best way to go about it. I personally think you should put V2's death penalty of dropping weapon so I can "farm gear" by griefing ^___________^

Episode 2 was very rare on PSOBB because of the EXP loss, also, especially at higher levels when a death could make you lose hundreds of thousands of EXP.

Are you going to steal my saber in 2c1 after you ask me a battle mode question at ohko pillar? Lool

Matt said:

I didn't even think of the endgame loss...christ on a cracker. If we put in the weapon drop crap I'd just outright quit this server. I agree a lot of this modern community needs to get better now (which is the point behind this) but makin them drop hard earned crap or exp isn't the way to go about it.

Colette said:
Matt said:

I didn't even think of the endgame loss...christ on a cracker. If we put in the weapon drop crap I'd just outright quit this server. I agree a lot of this modern community needs to get better now (which is the point behind this) but makin them drop hard earned crap or exp isn't the way to go about it.

It's capped at 100k. You can't lose hundreds of thousands.

Oh right, I missed that part, but still... ! 100K is quite a bit of time unless you're spamming the heavy EXP quests.
conenubi701 said:
Are you going to steal my saber in 2c1 after you ask me a battle mode question at ohko pillar? Lool
Yes. Fuck you for having the highest hit saber, I want it.

Well 100k isn't the worst thing ever but it's still extremely irritating. I'll have to explain it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back