Death Penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, remember you can't level down, so the minimum total experience you can ever have would be whatever was needed to get to your level.

That still makes TTF okay if all you're running it for is to farm for a Red Ring. If you're trying for experience there are plenty of other quests that give experience, like Respective Tomorrow or just about anything else. Try for some variation from time to time.

getting 2x xp events could be pretty cool, guess you'll have to see how people are progressing still with the death penalty to see if we deserve the event lol

disagrees with this decision, already takes a lot time someone to get this little experience x1, because there is a big different: to old vanilla played thousands of users also there were many opportunities for items and level up, but here we are a few dozen (most of us already pso veterans) and anybody significant difficulties in finding room playing with stronger players to grow up his(her) chars.
I would appreciate as (I believe) the most of ephinea server users if soda boy revokes the death penalty also at random time if you enable x2 rare monsters appearance as x2 to experience cause that will be very helpful in the development and excitement in this community, well you can keep the basic structure of vanilla but add modern touches that will make pleasing that game and not a brain teaser
ps: cg for the good job to ephinea also for the chance to play a game that turn us back in time...

When does the server subtract EXP? Right when your HP is 0? Or is it after you hit the return to Pioneer 2 button?

Right when your HP is 0. If you subsequently use a Scape Doll, are resurrected with a Moon Atomizer or Reverser, you recover half the amount lost. (Effectively making your total loss 10% of current exp to level instead of 20%.)

I'm not sure if I was censored or not (not sure why I would have been), but I meant to point out that there are some quests that you can't quit unless you die or relog, which makes this an inconvenience. The return of the /lobby command would be welcome.

You weren't censored, you posted in the QA thread by accident.

I'm a bit tight on time so I can't really plead my case (maybe edit this later) but - while I do agree with the death penalty element, I don't think the Japanese numbers should be used. BB death penalty was too harsh for what the game will ask of you fairly often, even with JPBB's rarer 4x EXP events. As such - I think the penalty should signifigantly less if you are revived (1-3%), or possibly even no penalty at all if you're revived. That would promote multimode games as well as boosting the value of Scape Dolls.

I personally thought losing my precious synchro on my mag was a big enough penalty when I died especially since I like to TA in certain quests.

It's something that can be adjusted, I suppose.

Perhaps 20% is too harsh, but I could probably adjust the penalty to maybe 10% lost on death instead. Revival, I still think you should lose some experience, maybe not as much, so I could probably adjust it to 3%.

While you're KO'd. The amount that gets readded is readded upon ressurection by the things soda listed.

And @ soda, the experience we gain through quests offsets the loss. A slightly less harsh loss would be massively appreciated by the users though, already saw a ton of lobby and ingame complaints. :lol:

I'm smoking crack, let me edit out that bad math up there.

Maybe 10% loss on death is OK. Revival could maybe drop that loss to 2%.

I have to agree with Corey, I think you shouldn't lose any EXP at all if you at least revive. This isn't really gonna promote people playing more quests, it'll just encourage people to play the same quests even more... on Sega, people avoided tower quests like the plague because of this stupid arbitrary penalty.

Sodaboy said:
I'm smoking crack, let me edit out that bad math up there.

Maybe 10% loss on death is OK. Revival could maybe drop that loss to 2%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGFNGH9jHyM

And @ mag

Tower can be played excruciatingly safe so long as the team progresses together and you split mobs like you're supposed to, I mean cmon you know that. People in the Sega days were just bad, unless it was Cmode.

Alright, I'll change it around lunch time I guess. I'll be changing it to 5% lost on death, 1% lost on revival. I still think you should be punished for dying, even if you're revived.

This way, people will still fear death and still try to improve their gameplay style.

Sodaboy said:
Alright, I'll change it around lunch time I guess. I'll be changing it to 5% lost on death, 1% lost on revival. I still think you should be punished for dying, even if you're revived.

This way, people will still fear death and still try to improve their gameplay style.
Alright that's fair enough. Thanks for taking our feedback.

@Colette
I dunno back on schtserv GC I always saw people dying when doing PW4. Never really played Sega BB to see how bad people were there.

Ahh yes, that's much less harsh. I'm still a filthy casual so dying is pretty commonplace in my games - 5% is scary but not "slamming my controller down in frustration while grinding" scary anymore, ahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back