Should certain collectible-only items be removed from BPD to restore their original value?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

honeydrew

Mom
Guildcard
I think it'd be really fun if they were returned to the original intended rarity so that players would have more items to collect!
this is the argument, simple as can be.
bpd items dont really affect collectible value because theyre 0'd and dropped items usually have stats

evil curst 0'd is worth low money because it doesnt have a lot of function. evil curst with stats has collectors value;
nug2000 0'd is worth low money because it doesnt have a lot of function. nug2000 with stats has collectors value (cg spuz);
0'd agito 1975 is worth like 8 based on its function, to use Oroti in game. agito 1975 with stats has collectors value (my -5h is unbuyable)

most of the weapons youre on about only have value to collectors and collectors just dont really buy bpd. yes, arguably taking things like them out of BPD would be cool for collectors,
i literally changed my mind as i was typing this

dont nerf bpd but take out the sub-ubers pls. when i'm hype as fuck to have found a madams parasol from gibbles that hype is definitely suppressed by the fact that its just not that rare, strictly because of bpd. i get what ur saying now, animu but i'm gonna rephrase it to see if we can reach more ppl.

i am in favor of taking out the bpd items that only have collectors value. yasha, agito 1975, milla (maybe), the ones with a use can stay. new players (read: the victims of a bpd nerf) dont care about collectibles that are just collectibles, but they care a lot about accessibility to Sange & Yasha / Orotiagito. removing the dumb rare collectors-only stuff like Nug2000 and madam's parasol would give collectors a much better sense of accomplishment when having acquired another piece, while not affecting other players because nug just isnt that good of an item.

in the current state of things, if you get a madams parasol drop its pretty cool of course. sell it to a collector untekked for maybe 10pds depending on stats i guess.
*but*
1: a great amount of collectors only care about looks in game and dont care whether the parasol is BPD or not, which will significantly reduce the demand of a gibbles dropped parasol,
2: if it dropped from gibbles 0'd youre SOL.

collectors value comes partly from exclusivity. madam's parasol just takes a hard hit on exclusivity because of bpd.

my proposition:
remove the collectibles that only have collectible value from BPD. users want BPD's extense of accessibility for useful items, and collectors want exclusivity of useless totally cool collectibles. this will not hinder accessibility of useful weapons (sange&yasha, orotiagito) to newer players, and will enable collectors to be much more proud of their dank finds. note that this will benefit not only collectors pride, but non-collectors may profit from this--collectors are the ones who buy these.

Book of Hitogata: collectors pride will be restored; others wont mind because its useless
Evil Curst: collectors pride will be restored; others wont mind because its useless
Angel Harp: collectors pride will be restored; others wont mind because its almost useless
DB's Saber 3064: collectors pride will be restored; others wont mind because its useless
DB's Saber 3077: collectors pride will be restored; others wont mind because its useless

Madam's Parasol: collectors pride will be restored; others should just use Tyrell's Parasol because its better and more common
Nug2000-Bazooka: collectors pride will be restored; others should just use Cannon Rouge because its better and more common

--
Handgun:Milla: this one is questionable; has great value to a player who just found a Guld with good stats. Milla is already an occasional event item as well; this might be good to keep might not
Agito 1975: users want Orotiagito. this one can stay as it provides good accessibility to a useful weapon
Yasha: users want to make use of their 40h Sange. this one can stay as it provides good accessibility to a useful weapon

--

when BPD came out it was kind of an attack on collectible items. what i think would work best is if we restore some collectibility of certain very rare items while maintaining the intended utility of BPD.

Last edited:
There's only one huge problem I see with this:

What about the items that are already in circulation? Those would increase in value by a lot overnight, even if they originally were obtained in BPD. Feels kinda lame.

Another thing that others me: BPD would have to be reworked / removed without any prior announcment so that people don't farm the valuables before the removal. I don't know if that's gonna happen.

And removing Handgun: Milla would just benefit older PSO players that still have Millas in their banks. The value of a simple BPD Milla would eventually rise to obscene prices (compared to where it is at now). Perfect for the old PSO veteran who still has 5 Millas in their bank. Pretty shitty for the new player who now has to get an expensive Milla, too, should they ever get a Guld.

If Yasha is to stay (I think it should), then Milla should, too.

tl;dr: Don't create Millacoin, please.

//Edit: Just to clear this up: I am in favour of removing items from BPD, but I also don't really care if it doesn't ever happen. Yasha and Milla should definitely stay, though. I'm indifferent towards Orotiagito.

//Edit2: Now that I think about it again, some people could and would definitely profit a lot from this, which is something I don't really like. Also, Madam's Parasol will probably never recover its value since it used to be easily available with Hit from the now removed quest Prospective Horizon. I know someone who still has many of them lying in their bank, and I'm pretty sure that person isn't the only one.

Last edited:
There's only one huge problem I see with this:

*point 1* What about the items that are already in circulation? Those would increase in value by a lot overnight, even if they originally were obtained in BPD. Feels kinda lame.

*point 2*Another thing that others me: BPD would have to be reworked / removed without any prior announcment so that people don't farm the valuables before the removal. I don't know if that's gonna happen.

*point 3*And removing Handgun: Milla would just benefit older PSO players that still have Millas in their banks. The value of a simple BPD Milla would eventually rise to obscene prices (compared to where it is at now). Perfect for the old PSO veteran who still has 5 Millas in their bank. Pretty shitty for the new player who now has to get an expensive Milla, too, should they ever get a Guld.

If Yasha is to stay (I think it should), then Milla should, too.

tl;dr: Don't create Millacoin, please.

//Edit: Just to clear this up: I am in favour of removing items from BPD, but I also don't really care if it doesn't ever happen. Yasha and Milla should definitely stay, though. I'm indifferent towards Orotiagito.

*point 4*//Edit2: Now that I think about it again, some people could and would definitely profit a lot from this, which is something I don't really like. Also, Madam's Parasol will probably never recover its value since it used to be easily available with Hit from the now removed quest Prospective Horizon. I know someone who still has many of them lying in their bank, and I'm pretty sure that person isn't the only one.

these are all perfectly valid points and i can appreciate your stance on the matter.

as for point 1, there isnt really a lot to be done about it. for the existing BPD rares, we can just let them inevitably and eventually phase out of circulation, and perhaps collectors can expedite the process by buying and destroying them manually after a change is made, should it ever happen.

for point 2, i agree the publicity of a BPD revision could certainly mess with its stability. i may be reaching here, but if this gains enough traction and the admins feel a change may be imminent, BPD could be removed until a (hopefully unanimous) verdict is made.

for point 3, i dont think Milla would ever reach a price so high that its inaccessible to your average Guld owner. regardless, a hitless Milla isnt all that valuable anyway as people dont like to make 0h or low hit GM (despite event GM being very economically viable @Kody). even more regardless, milla is one that can stay, i think. along with yasha and agito 75 for accessibility.

for point 4, Prospective Horizon is another similar, yet unrelated matter entirely. it messed with the value of a few items the same way as BPD, though not as many. same as point 1, it is unfortunate that we ever had it on the server but the sooner we make a change the sooner it can do good in the long run.

--

i am starting to see a lot of votes for the negative despite only seeing one critical comment. pls

Last edited:
I think the community is just too set in their ways for a change like this. It was fun to dream though uwu, maybe someday.

In the words of a stereotypical college student who barely participates in the group project:

"I agree with this"

pretty close to 75% even though i havent seen a lot of solid argument from the negative. whether it happens or not i'm happy to give it a bit of publicity and maybe open a few minds

I like this idea but I think it would have only worked if it had been implemented very early on. I think it's too late now and would just create a huge disparity.

I like this idea but I think it would have only worked if it had been implemented very early on. I think it's too late now and would just create a huge disparity.
basically the disparity would only be temporary and could be considered as an 'initial investment', where the intention would be the payoff. basically its guaranteed to pay off eventually and the sooner we invest initially the sooner it does pay off. in a few years, will it still have been "too late"?

Back