zOMGPak

Introduction
I'd like to give you a small tutorial on fixing a recent, but common error that a lot of private servers have been having. In the case of this game, it's considered the No.916 Error (server is full) or at the bottom left of your screen during log-in, the !DLL ERROR!.

How and why does this error occur?
As of the security update(s) of Windows 10 1909, Windows has allowed Windows Defender to remove files that it finds "hazardous" without warning to the user. In this case, it's Ephinea.DLL.

If you try to update your EphineaPSO (Online.EXE) Launcher, it will try to restore Ephinea.DLL to it's original file location. Windows Defender will flag this file within 15~20 seconds and remove it completely from the computer, making the .DLL file inaccessible by the game client.

It's actually very problematic for private server owners, as a lot of users don't know how to combat this problem because of it's "hidden" process, which results in a low/weak player base. As of right now, I don't know how to correct the DLL files so Windows Defender doesn't flag them.

How do I fix the No.916/!DLL ERROR!?
Don't worry, it's very simple to do, and I'll even tag in a guide for you to understand. You do not need an activated copy of Windows 10. The steps are provided below:

1. Open "PC Settings" in your Start Menu
2. Open "Update & Security"
3. On the Tab, Open "Windows Security"
4. Open "Virus & Threat Protection"
5. Second Option, "Virus & Threat Protection" > "Manage Settings"
6. Scroll down to "Exclusions" > "Add or Remove Exclusions"
7. "Add an Exclusion" > "File"
8. Find the Drive/Folder where your EphineaPSO is located
9. From Windows Explorer, Open "Online.EXE" & Update
(While it's updating, make sure you have the "Add Exclusion Explorer" open)
10. When Online.EXE is finished updating, go to your "Add Exclusion Explorer"
11. Add file "Ephinea.DLL" as an Exclusion

Resolution
From there you can relaunch the game and connect to the server without a problem. I really hope this helps. I've noticed that some players on this server have ran into this problem, and it only seems to occur when the latest update of Windows 10 is installed.

So basically whitelisting the file...
Unless updating windows removes previous exclusions in windows defender, many people should already be good with this, since it has been a while already since windows defender started to flag the different things we use with pso (even the game executable itself).

So basically whitelisting the file...
Unless updating windows removes previous exclusions in windows defender, many people should already be good with this, since it has been a while already since windows defender started to flag the different things we use with pso (even the game executable itself).

Yeah, pretty much. I know I've had trouble before with Windows not liking EphineaPSO files before, but I was actually stumped with this one as I didn't realize it was removing the file completely. I figured I'd share to help others out, especially newcomers of the game.

I had to add the entire Ephinea folder as an exclusion. It kept giving me the potentially unwanted software error if I tried to add just the .dll. I tried adding just the .dll before and after I ran online.exe.

I had to add the entire Ephinea folder as an exclusion. It kept giving me the potentially unwanted software error if I tried to add just the .dll. I tried adding just the .dll before and after I ran online.exe.

I figured that'd be the best, however when I tried to exclude the folder there was an issue where it wouldn't download the .dll into the folder.

Windows is just really weird, but thanks for the information. I know every PC is different, andand I didn't even consider that other users have different anti-viruses too.

Last edited:
Not sure if this comes close to my problem, but i guess so: my psobb.exe gets deleted automatically. It's often not even visable after the installation. Reinstalled the game for like 10 times now and deleted everything with REVOuninstaller.

Usually i start online.exe and when i press "Start", Ephinea Launcher closes but nothing happens. That's when psobb.exe gets deleted. When i reopen Ephinea Launcher, it says "Updating psobb.exe" (which needs like 1 minute), but psobb.exe still don't exist. Since i have deactivated WindowsDefender, psobb.exe does get deleted anymore, but it still doesn't open the game after pressing "start". No error or further crash-information.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Disable your antivirus temporarily, update/download stuff, whitelist then re-enable the AV.

Highly likely to be Avast or Zemana or something quarantining the object. Usually you can 'restore' deleted objects quite easily, and add the folder path as a scan / shield exception

Back