What is your current or ultimate goal?

My current goal is mainly to have fun here. Having a job, wife, son and house cuts down my "hardcore gamer" status quite a bit, as I'm sure many will agree. But so far I'm mainly focusing on having fun, not hunting for anything specific (it does help I consider myself to be pretty kitted out atm) and just enjoying the time I spent online with this community. I'd say this goal is achieved for now, but it's something to always keep some focus on, imho.

Ultimately, I'd like a full set of gear for my three HUs so I don't have to switch, but that's a ridiculous investment as a whole (and I don't have the resources to do such a thing). Even if I did, I'd doubt doing it. Would be the absolute last thing to do (which is why it's considered an Ultimate goal, @Brvcx -.-)

I'd like a full set of gear for my three HUs so I don't have to switch
I had my hucl and 2 rangers gear finished, then I decided to buy a certain unnecessary weapon for my future fomarl and had to let some weapons go, plus @Dubtaps convinced me to buy a second yun-chan to finish the set and now I'm sitting at 5 PH trying to decide what to do next.

I did start farming some excal/hs hearts and galatine though, I guess it's some progress.

Huh I don't really think about super long-term goals. I like to setup my goals based on what I have and what kind of piece generally upgrades my potential in runs. I really enjoy optimizing on the little things.
I've recently cleared my goal in sphering my Last Swan and Daylight Scar for a great HUcl experience, having nothing left (yet) to sphere I'm saving up for when I can.

Some specific hunts I'm after at the moment are a 55h Vjaya with room for M% and D% (which enables me to SS Gillchics guaranteed on shifta 20 and higher, which is awesome) and a good 75h+Calibur with room for machine% specifically.

I'll likely get other goals as I'm toddling forward. The only real long-term goal I have is to get every class to 200 at least once, get a piece of everything basically.

Its been awhile so a lil update:

I re-cleared my goal into the Last Swan spheres and made a set (100/0/0/0 and 0/100/100/100, even if not as much as the others Native still had enough breakpoints to warrant it and it helps during S3 runs).
I haven't found that 55h Vjaya yet but I might have changed my mind on it having to be M/D, but I do really want that M%.
I HAVE found that 75h Calibur and made it into a M/D Dark Flow, which is pretty much the HUcaseal ideal hit% for it really (guaranteed sinows at no shifta, highly consistent bringers at s20 or just guaranteed at s30, solo Sinow Zoa's)

Kinda gave up on the whole lvl200 on each class goal, just kinda revert back to classes I enjoy to play most. Something I really enjoy doing lately regarding those classes is look into some of the more obsecure or underlooked things and see what kind of ideas I can optimize on (kinda like what I did with the Last Swan spheres, that took some heavy theory crafting and testing). Not easy, but fun, and I find some funky actually usable stuff sometimes.

Aaand something I kinda wanna do with the usage of Sandbox is make some sort of randomizer for me to really test my wits with this game.
Basically a class roll, a quest roll, and a set of items with its own variables based on the class roll. How well can I do Sweep Ups with a Great Bouquet? Idk but Ima figure it out somehow.

I'd really like to get a character to level 200 (haven't had one since the Gamecube) and get them some nice equipment, though as someone that plays on my own I don't know how well that will go. I guess another goal would be to make a friend I could play with from time to time, though I struggle badly with anxiety so I don't see that happening since simply talking to people can be difficult.

My goal is to find a PSO girlfriend. :cool:
Sadly, mew's other moniker "Kitty cupid" is NOT as successful HERE as it was on schthack or previous servers. Out of the 19 PSO Couples mew had hooked up.....THREE got Engaged IRL!! The only proof mew had of the relationships working was....Nither were Ever heard from again! =(. After other MMOs came online, like FFOnline, WoW...Everquest, etc.... our Female player populace took a huge HIT....your mew hasn't been too much of an apex Cupid here on Ephinea, lately. Buuuuut, now Kevdo-Taichou is on the TOP of her list as available Gamer Bachelors~! nya~! <3

As for your mew....She's already accomplished her worldly goals of regaining ALL her former lost MOJO 'In Spades' from the Betrayal that was once our home SCHTHACK!
Mew Also has SODA-Samas, TOFU-Samas, aaaand Matt Matt-Samas to THANK for giving her that opportunity to Thrive again!
Now for her current 'goals'.....She had already been the LAST CAT STANDING on SEGA Dreamcast server....SEGA Gamecube server....Was last seen on Original SCHT server with a defiant middle paw pad in the air as it WIPED....was even called SCHT-serv's official "MASCOT"! THAT'S what mew Hopes for,... to be considered EPHINEA's "Mascot~!" That's not too 'lofty' or 'selfish'......is it? =n.~=!

Ultimate goal hasn't changed:

- obtain and unlock an SJS
- Become strong enough to solo the Ultimate boss on every episode

Honestly after 20 years an SJS drop is the biggest thing for me
*Does a star filled sky, night time Bonfire WARDANCE for your imminent SUCCESS~!

Get my HUcast to level 200 - in 20 years of play across various platforms and servers I have never had a single level 200, but I am 197 currently!
You can DOO EET!!!! Just keep an emergency reserve of Sanity ready! It's like what, 4.4 MILLION EXP from 199-200? That's a LOT of Halloween Cookies! XD! Looking forward to your 200 Banner, dear! =3!

Sadly, mew's other moniker "Kitty cupid" is NOT as successful HERE as it was on schthack or previous servers. Out of the 19 PSO Couples mew had hooked up.....THREE got Engaged IRL!! The only proof mew had of the relationships working was....Nither were Ever heard from again! =(. After other MMOs came online, like FFOnline, WoW...Everquest, etc.... our Female player populace took a huge HIT....your mew hasn't been too much of an apex Cupid here on Ephinea, lately. Buuuuut, now Kevdo-Taichou is on the TOP of her list as available Gamer Bachelors~! nya~! <3
Do you think certain MMOs appeal to girls more than others? It's a topic I always found interesting, for games in general. For example, I know the older Atelier games had quite a female fanbase that aren't all happy with the direction it's gone in the newer games.

In terms of MMOs, I know a lot of women play FFXIV, but maybe it only seems that way because of the sheer amount of people playing that game. I know a lot of girls were into some of the old free to play korean MMOs like Maple Story in particular (I miss that game, I really should hunt down a decent private server sometime). WoW stuck me as more of a men's club but I never played it for more than a month. FFXI seems like it attracted quite a few, though I didn't get to play much of that game during its prime, I've run into a couple of grandmas when I resubbed recently.

Do you think certain MMOs appeal to girls more than others? It's a topic I always found interesting, for games in general. For example, I know the older Atelier games had quite a female fanbase that aren't all happy with the direction it's gone in the newer games.

In terms of MMOs, I know a lot of women play FFXIV, but maybe it only seems that way because of the sheer amount of people playing that game. I know a lot of girls were into some of the old free to play korean MMOs like Maple Story in particular (I miss that game, I really should hunt down a decent private server sometime). WoW stuck me as more of a men's club but I never played it for more than a month. FFXI seems like it attracted quite a few, though I didn't get to play much of that game during its prime, I've run into a couple of grandmas when I resubbed recently.
Maple story...Holy Crap~! One of mew's original loved ones from waaaaaay back had mentioned that! And yes, she was female~! lol. Your mew had never wandered outside the realm of PSO, so no Maple Story, no Monster Hunter, no Everquest, no WoW, no FFonline... Not entirely sure WHAT it is about MMOs that make it so appealing? Romantic overtures? For MEW it was a window into a past life of being a physically active little Badass, before injury IRL. In the military, mew had hardly ever found herself holding 'still'. She was constantly 'running' or 'flitting' here or there~! PSO gives mew a means to 'feel' active again.....involved....and above all, satisfies a Desired sense of URGENCY when seeing others in need of Halp~! While other women or little girls would dream of some gallant hero to come sweep them off their feet or they THEMSELVES being the Heroine?? or some Dungeons and Dragons-esque fantasy adventure little badass...mew and others felt a different tugging...ONE of the best examples of mew's state of mind in her broken body can be summed up in a few seconds of a DISTURBED video.... @3:33 is mew's female brain in a nutshell~! While others shrink and duck for safety, LOOK at who Charges forward from the Rear~!!!!
Rawr~! >=3

PSO gives mew a means to 'feel' active again.....involved....and above all, satisfies a Desired sense of URGENCY when seeing others in need of Halp~!
That's something I "get". One of the saddest things about modern MMOs to me is how much less dangerous/difficult the world itself is, so there's far less of a need for people to actually group up with strangers and help each other out.

For me (not a girl) I just personally have a love for atmosphere and art, and the way they built these older MMOs is excellent for that. The combination of the graphics, the music and ambiance, the setting itself is what draws me in (I also play a lot of JRPGs for the same reason). See Maple Story with its cute colorful sprites and amazing soundtrack that really sets the mood for every zone. Or FFXI with its earthy, sprawling zones with background music that's pleasant but also truly "background" music, it's not in your face and most zones have a layer of ambient zone sounds, too. Like howling wind or crashing waves by the sea. It also has a very cool setting with different fantasy races that are fun to look at and play as (Mithra are the best, all their animations are very cat-like).

There's a lot of great atmospheric games from the SNES era to the PS2 era and PSO is definitely one of them too. Love the music and how the zones look.

1) Find at least one H30+ Lame D'argent (not AB)
2) Find H35+ HS to sphere a set (already have H35 HS clean)
3) Find H60+ DoB to sphere
4) Find H75+ Calibur + PGF

Things I have finished:
1) Found Psycho Wand
2) Found H65 Vise AND H65 Charge Vulcan
3) Got HUcast LV 200 (and RAcast)

I most likely won't accomplish all my goals. I just enjoy hunting for these things.

Back