What anime are you currently watching?

finished watching the 1997 berserk series, and well after how it ends i couldnt stop there so i continued on with the manga and am currently on chapter 319. I feel like im spoiling myself because i feel like there will never be such a good series that hooks me as well as berserk is currently. Definitely recommend the series to everyone. Even if you dont like manga watch the 1997 series and you wont be able to say you dont want to read it at that point.

I haven't posted in a while so here is an update!

Put on Hold:

Medabots Spirits - Got bored.
Saint Seiya - Was a bit to old/tacky for my tastes..

Finished Recently:
Shingeki no Kyojin 2 - Amazing, 9/10
Clockwork Planet - Was decent.
Dungeaon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka gaiden - I love this, plus Ais is love.
Quanzhi Gaoshou - Chinese anime not on the mainstream sites, was pretty sick.

Started this season:
Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu - Looks promising.
Knights & Magic - Looks promising.
Fate/Apocrypha - Love the franchise obv so i have my hopes.

Rewatching:

Bleach, at around ep 109.

Current:

Shingeki no bahamut:Virgin Soul - 14
Re:Creators - 15
Boruto - 15
Dragon Ball Super - 99
One Piece - 797

I recently finished up Ghost in the Shell : Arise.

I'm currently watching Higashi no Eden. (pretty much binged through that already xD)

Read an interesting reccomendation on MAL. Trying Yuri!!! on Ice based off my interest in Haikyuu!! Maybe Yuri will be better, since it has 3 exclamation points.

Just saw the first few episodes of Castlevania on Netflix. It might be American made, but it really looks like Japanese Anime. It's freaking great. Really follows the story of the games well and flushes out the back story more. AND they actually got the GEOGRAPHY right! The real Vlad III Draculea and the Japanese Castlevania (Akumajo/DemonCastle Dracula) games have their history mostly in Wallachia, not Transylvania. Almost every Dracula story and some US CV games make it Transylvania. The real Vlad III was only born there and later raided Transylvanian Saxons but he never even had a castle in Transylvania.

I haven't been watching or reading much lately, and I tend to read more these days, but I've been having an urge to read Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou again. Seems like it might be your kind of thing, @Jyuki. I'm kind of surprised it isn't on your list already, but it looks like you don't read nearly as much manga as watch anime. There were a couple OVAs, but alone they don't amount to much more than teasers. I'd love for it to be fully animated, but I don't see that ever happening. If you like Aqua/Aria, and slice-of-life in general, I highly recommend it. It seethes mono no aware.

For me at least, it's gotta be one of the best things ever penned. Period.

Since I don't really know what else to say at the moment, I'll just give a few favorites that I consistency recommend. Too many things consumed, can't choose. Never bothered with MAL or the likes either. TXT Master Race (though I should at least upgrade to a spreadsheet someday…).

In a similar-yet-not vein, Emanon and anything by Igarashi Daisuke that you can find in a language you can read might please.

Sennen Joyuu is probably one of, if not my favorite films. At the least, when it comes to animation. Kon is missed.

Mimi wo Sumaseba is Best Ghibli, but Omoide Poroporo is pretty close, as much as I love Sen to Chihiro.

Solanin left me so exhausted I could only sleep. Maybe I could relate too much. YMMV. Asano Inio has definitely become a favorite mangaka in any case.

AnoHana isn't perfect, but I don't think I've ever cried so much from a work of fiction. Snot everywhere; had to pause.
The rocket launch, man, the rocket launch. That single moment that Jinta hesitated. I lost it.

Eve no Jikan. You know, I don't even have words for this. Not concise words, in any case. The movie has some slight alterations, and nice bonus scenes, but I feel the ONA is the better overall. Studio Rikka is proving to be lovely.

And I'll always love Lina Inverse. <3

That's all kind of off the top of my head. Oopsie; it's late and I need to sleep. x_x

I haven't been watching or reading much lately, and I tend to read more these days, but I've been having an urge to read Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou again. Seems like it might be your kind of thing, @Jyuki...

I'll definitely check this out!

I'm not much of a manga reader mostly because, I don't like reading manga/scan on a computer monitor and am too poor to buy everything I want to read. But, I've bought Spice & Wolf novels (in french, huzzah) and I've read some manga on my phone (I'm planning to buy a tablet dedicated to reading manga/novels).

Also to stay on topics, here's my 7 favorites from this season (of the 24 I'm watching :oops:):
  1. Gamers! (Latest episode wasn't that great but I hope it'll go back to being awesome)
  2. New Games!! (Of course :D)
  3. Tsurezure Children
  4. Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e
  5. Centaur no Nayami
  6. Aho Girl
  7. Isekai Shokudou
I'm keeping Fate/Apocrypha for later (I'll watch it in one go) and I'm also planning to finally watch Hunter x Hunter soon, too.

I started to watch Iria: Zeiram The Animation so far only one episode but I think it's great and the animation is pretty good and I just finished the first season of Hunter x Hunter,loving the japanese Oasis opening :D

Once I'm done I will probably check my backlog,right now it consist of:
  • City Hunter
  • Dominion Tank Police
  • Record of Lodoss War
  • Birdy the Mighty
  • Giant Robo
  • Burn Up
  • Galaxy Express 999
Probably I will watch Patlabor The Movie tonight!

@Gunda I've heard of Dominion Tank Police but never really looked into it.

At the moment I'm watching Knights of Sidonia because I read that it's like Attack on Titan, except in space.

@Gunda I've heard of Dominion Tank Police but never really looked into it.

At the moment I'm watching Knights of Sidonia because I read that it's like Attack on Titan, except in space.

@Nyte
First time Im watching it. I usually don't watch anime now these days. I stopped years ago, however I got curious one day while watching Akira and started searching for animes of the 80s/ early 90s. Beigned watched a few such as Violence Jack seriee, Devilman series, Urotsukidoji series, M.D. Giest series, Wicked City series, Genocyber series, Ghost Files series (nostalgia), Neo Tokyo movie, Gulgo series, Megazone 23, and 101st Demon Hunter Yoko series (nostalgia). This was all about 4 years ago but the history of some of the darker animes peaked my interest kinda. I usually dont like darker animes unless its got some bad ass fighting going on.

M.D. Giest, Ghost Files and Demon Hunter I liked out of all of the ones I watched. I kind of did this for research purposes because I never really saw older animes besides Dragon Ball and Akira.

Now these days, all I really watch is old school and new school Kung Fu/ Martial arts movies. But I've been doing that since a kid.

Last edited:
Back