Summer Scavenger Event

I saw this coming like 10 pages ago. I suggested you guys add a banner for these drops. The leecher disposition and fighting greed with greed is precisely why these kinds of things don't work without some moderation, sad as that may be.

For several reasons already listed by others previously, I've also lost interest in the event as well. I hate sounding like a bitch, because I completely understand the aim was a mini event or sorts, but the fact is during this time of year the competition for our attention is fierce. PSO isn't going to be winning the attention of people with a lot of choices on how to spend their time.

I understand we have pillars of the community, members who are ride or die PSO. This event might be suited specifically for them, but even for them it's more of a "there's nothing better to do" option. Regardless I appreciate the intentions with this scavenger hunt. I think it was a cool idea, but I think it fell a little too short of people's expectations for a summer event.

Damn it feels good being a gangsta
Loool

Yeah I'm looking to find that whitill badge so everyone, should they wish to participate, (I would assume the participation number would increase once whitill is found) can focus on discovering the enemy that drops the skyly badge.

It's lit fam.

This event is small because the big event is in August. We literally just had Easter so we didn't want to do anything big right now (plus it gives us more time to actually get a big event ready).

Personally I think the big issue is that I put it for a month for some reason (and obviously balanced around that), this probably would have fared better as a 2 week event. :wacko:

Oh well! We'll probably do this event again next year, but better since this was basically the first time we tried this one as something new.

Also I'm just gonna tell you where the Pinkal Badge is, it's from Gulgus-gue.

Last edited:
Just saw a Merissa AA in a 4p whitill wol4. No badge dropped for anyone. We didn't get any flamberges either, so we could have just been unlucky.

Last edited:
I saw this coming like 10 pages ago. I suggested you guys add a banner for these drops. The leecher disposition and fighting greed with greed is precisely why these kinds of things don't work without some moderation, sad as that may be.

For several reasons already listed by others previously, I've also lost interest in the event as well. I hate sounding like a bitch, because I completely understand the aim was a mini event or sorts, but the fact is during this time of year the competition for our attention is fierce. PSO isn't going to be winning the attention of people with a lot of choices on how to spend their time.

I understand we have pillars of the community, members who are ride or die PSO. This event might be suited specifically for them, but even for them it's more of a "there's nothing better to do" option. Regardless I appreciate the intentions with this scavenger hunt. I think it was a cool idea, but I think it fell a little too short of people's expectations for a summer event.
In my mind it wasn't fighting greed with greed in this circumstance; I had no interest to hunt Pinkal again due to it being rather rare, and the only goal was to shut out pure leechers and no one else. It's wrath, or to some extent envy, rather than greed. Due to my line of thoughts I've disclosed it to many people who asked immediately, and the location leaked in a few hours.

The ones who started a drama with me were those who had put some effort into hunting badges, and was worried what I did would slow down the discovery of badge locations. They misunderstood my intentions, which I'm partially at fault at since my posts were not clear enough. With the location now exposed, and having talked to some of them, at this point I consider the drama to be over.

Adding banners would prevent what I did from being an option, but will not prevent leeching. Perhaps along with the banner, there would be an extra reward for the first person who found the badge (and disclosed it), so there are more incentive, making hunting new badges overall not as fruitless. It probably will also make more people participate, depending on what the reward is.

(edited)

Back to the hunt:
[Whitill]
(new)
  • WoL4 1p, 1p
  • Merissa AA: 0
(old)
  • Free Roam Seabed: (Upper: 2p, Lower: 4p)
  • PW3: 3p (almost full clear including Deldepths room)
  • Ep4 MU3: 4p
  • Free Roam Desert: 1p
  • (Girta checked in free roam: 2p, 2p)

Last edited:
Leeching resulted in more leeching. I started off hunting unknown but it felt like very few of us were (everytime I check games, there was only 1 other game MAX hunting unknown) and I didn't want to end up at the end of the event with none because of hunting for everyone else. So I started doing a mix of both. If I found any badges myself I'd of most likely not mentioned to anyone but the few hunting unknown ones. I believe melerei had that right and anyone complaining, was just a leecher anyways. There was no reason for drama in the 1st place as everyone has the right not to post their finds and keep it to themselves. I'm also pretty sure people found badges and didn't even mention it whatsoever but who knows.

Anyways, been trying a few white seabed runs, including mu4, no luck. Also, Viridia badge is a lie.

Leeching resulted in more leeching. I started off hunting unknown but it felt like very few of us were (everytime I check games, there was only 1 other game MAX hunting unknown) and I didn't want to end up at the end of the event with none because of hunting for everyone else. So I started doing a mix of both. If I found any badges myself I'd of most likely not mentioned to anyone but the few hunting unknown ones. I believe melerei had that right and anyone complaining, was just a leecher anyways. There was no reason for drama in the 1st place as everyone has the right not to post their finds and keep it to themselves. I'm also pretty sure people found badges and didn't even mention it whatsoever but who knows.

Anyways, been trying a few white seabed runs, including mu4, no luck. Also, Viridia badge is a lie.
Thank you for defending me, although I think the ones who were unhappy about it were actually people who put some efforts into hunting new badges, and thought what I did would slow down badge finding. The real leechers can't really complain.

Adding banners would prevent what I did from being an option, but will not prevent leeching. Perhaps along with the banner, there would be an extra reward for the first person who found the badge (and disclosed it), so there are more incentive, making hunting new badges overall not as fruitless. It probably will also make more people participate, depending on what the reward is.
This is an idea we came up with ourselves as well, and will probably be implemented next time.

From what I've seen, the overall concept of the event has been relatively well received (although not as well as other ones, but this makes sense since it's nowhere near as powerful as the main events), but we executed it rather badly and made some bad design decisions, so next time we're thinking:
  • 2 week event instead of monthly
    • This would mean the badge rates are more common as well, so chances are you wouldn't be hunting for quite as long
  • Reward for being the first to come forward with the badge
  • Probably just have pure PD rewards, same as the adjusted ones now.
  • Put the badges in some more... convenient locations, so that there's something else to find while hunting them, although not sure if this would be necessary in a fortnightly version.
    • The current badge drops were decided entirely with a random number generator, there was no thought put into them except the Gal Gryphon badge.
Before actually doing this event, I did fish from the community what people thought about the idea and people were onboard with it, but our execution has been somewhat lacking, which is understandable.

While "leechers" might be a problem, you have to realise that it happens for a reason.

Of course, not being able to MA4 for your badges is also another reason why some people didn't like it, but at the same time I don't think being able to play a very small amount of quests to potentially find everything really has the spirit of a hunt, and events are also to get people doing something different to the normal grind.

I like the idea of rewarding the first person yeah, because it stays true to the scavenger theme and gives people a incentive to really get out there. So yea, maybe next year along with some revamping. =)

I think you need to change your sample.

Most players saw the issues with the event within minutes of you posting it.

I don't think so. Alot of people liked the idea of the event. All I noticed was people who didn't want to put effort in (complained no quests, ''ill just wait for others to find'' etc), and people who did (played for the fun of not knowing and discovering).

I for one personally loved this event so far, more so than almost all the overs. Because it brought quest variety, I got to try other stuff out that I would not normally.

Besides..if no one made these ''issues'' known, then what do you expect moderation to do.

Back