Summer Scavenger Event

You got muted for falsely confirming a drop through a drop you didn't get, then calling me a liar to my face when I can specifically see you didn't get anything. Stop perpetuating bullshit. I do not personally agree with hiding information from other users, but it's their right to do so.
love u uwu

You got muted for falsely confirming a drop through a drop you didn't get, then calling me a liar to my face when I can specifically see you didn't get anything. Stop perpetuating bullshit. I do not personally agree with hiding information from other users, but it's their right to do so.

Well then its my right to tell everyone what I know.

Also, if i'm not mistaken I believe you leaked information to players anyway Collette, so why am I under fire here?

I didn't leak anything directly =p I accidentally said areas that were left and then other users picked up on it by proxy. You're under fire because you're continuing to perpetuate a closed subject, and bringing my business into this thread. I'm warning you just stop here.

So far my whitill hunts include several runs through lost heat sword, several free runs through forest, and at least 10 runs through fake in yellow. Also did a ep4 desert free run and a ep2 Pw3 today.

If I know you've been actively hunting new badges, you can contact me in game/via conversation/via discord and I'll tell you where Pinkal dropped directly.

Edit: no longer needed, see new post.

Last edited:
Is there a particular reason why you guys are hiding information?
badge cartel ._.
Also I have done a lot of white seabed today (10+ runs) and 5 white desert runs. Hoping to find the white badge first so we know which area skyly badge drops in. Will do a lot more seabed tomorrow and hopefully the white badge will drop if it's in that area.

badge cartel ._.
Also I have done a lot of white seabed today (10+ runs) and 5 white desert runs. Hoping to find the white badge first so we know which area skyly badge drops in. Will do a lot more seabed tomorrow and hopefully the white badge will drop if it's in that area.
I know where Skyly drops

Is there a particular reason why you guys are hiding information?
Frustration at leechers.

From the start I have been working hard to hunt new badges, and nudging the community in certain directions for finding badges quicker. But at a certain point I overheard this person saying in public that he'll just leech off the effort, which I was not happy about.

This is similar to the prisoner's dilemma; the selfish ones have no penalties at all. So to penalize them in some way, the plan was to conceal the information when there's only a few badges left, and only share it with those who had worked for it, at least for the time being. It's a little bit more fair to those people.

And I happened to find the Pinkal Badge, so I put the plan into action.

Out of those people who I deemed eligible to inform the location, there were some I was reluctant to tell; because they were hunting known badges every time I asked to hunt new badges. And for this event, I think it is best to find all the locations first, hunt skyly, then hunt the known badges, because the 3/6/9 badge rewards are compensation prizes. You could always go back to hunt them after you found/give up on skyly. Also, the way event drops works is that there are no DAR penalty; the more people in a party, the more likely the badge drops. Hunting in 4p is not only much faster, but also greatly increases the chance of finding it.

However, due to them spending time hunting known badges I had no one to hunt it with most of the time; I could only hunt solo, or multiclient 2p, which is quite tedious especially since fps drops for me for the latter. Not only that, they proceeded to get the known badges, which is rather alarming, since who will I hunt it with later?

For them, I came to the conclusion to not tell them for the time being, but will tell them after a short amount of time; people who are actively hunting gets priority, then these guys, then the public.

And then one of them decided to publicly criticize me on discord... I was really disappointed.

Ranting over, I would ask you not to criticize any of the people mentioned based on this post, no good can come out of that.

Pinkal drops in Forest, the actual drop was in Rappy's Holiday, Forest 2, and in the first room with monsters. We were not able to confirm which mob drops it, since that quest is rather chaotic. The event team has (accidentally?) publicly said that it doesn't drop off either Hildelt or Hildetorr, and there are no rappies as enemies in Rappy's Holiday. I could point out the exact location (exact tile) where pinkal badge is found, so people can guess which mob is more likely to walk over there and drop it, but that seems difficult to convey in words.

Prediction on Whitill: Merissa AA, since that's the only eligible rare enemy remaining. With this I'm also predicting Skyly to drop in seabed.

(Edited)

Last edited:
Frustration at leechers.

From the start I have been working hard to hunt new badges, and nudging the community in certain directions for finding badges quicker. But at a certain point I overheard this person saying in public that he'll just leech off the effort, which I was not happy about.

This is similar to the prisoner's dilemma; the selfish ones have no penalties at all. So to penalize them in some way, the plan was to conceal the information when there's only a few badges left, and only share it with those who had worked for it, at least for the time being. It's a little bit more fair to those people.

And I happened to find the Pinkal Badge, so I put the plan into action.

Out of those people who I deemed eligible to inform the location, there were some I was reluctant to tell; because they were hunting known badges every time I asked to hunt new badges. And for this event, I think it is best to find all the locations first, hunt skyly, then hunt the known badges, because the 3/6/9 badge rewards are compensation prizes. You could always go back to hunt them after you found/give up on skyly. Also, the way event drops works is that there are no DAR penalty; the more people in a party, the more likely the badge drops. Hunting in 4p is not only much faster, but also greatly increases the chance of finding it.

However, due to them spending time hunting known badges I had no one to hunt it with most of the time; I could only hunt solo, or multiclient 2p, which is quite tedious especially since fps drops for me for the latter. Not only that, they proceeded to get the known badges, which is rather alarming, since who will I hunt it with later?

For them, I came to the conclusion to not tell them for the time being, but will tell them after a short amount of time; people who are actively hunting gets priority, then these guys, then the public.

And then one of them decided to publicly criticize me on discord... I was really disappointed.

Ranting over, I would ask you not to criticize any of the people mentioned based on this post, no good can come out of that.

Pinkal drops in Forest, the actual drop was in Rappy's Holiday, Forest 2, and in the first room with monsters. We were not able to confirm which mob drops it, since that quest is rather chaotic. The event team has (accidentally?) publicly said that it doesn't drop off either Hildelt or Hildetorr, and there are no rappies as enemies in Rappy's Holiday. I could point out the exact location (exact tile) where pinkal badge is found, so people can guess which mob is more likely to walk over there and drop it, but that seems difficult to convey in words.

Prediction on Whitill: Merissa AA, since that's the only eligible rare enemy remaining. With this I'm also predicting Skyly to drop in seabed.

(Edited)

Dope, but skyly doesn't drop in seabed.

I haven't put up the reward quest yet because I've been seeing what people think of the rewards / event in general so far, and I've decided the rewards will change a bit:

1 Photon Drop → 3 Photon Drop
5 Photon Drop → 10 Photon Drop
15 Photon Drop → 30 Photon Drop

Some stuff might be shuffled around as well, although there will be no new items.

The change of reward will need a ship restart at some point because of the way they work, so I can't put up the quest just yet unless people wanna trade in for less for some reason.

The best bang for your buck will still be the entire collection of badges though, but this is just to make hunting badges more attractive for those who might not have the time to find them all.

I was worried at first that this event would be a letdown as the motivation for participation was rather low. But between the botched rates, mod leaks, reward flipflopping and 'badge cartel' paranoia - it's at least delivered on the drama front.

Ephinea, the community we deserve.

PDs prizes becoming better is chances are the best way to motivate people. The 3 pd from common is great enough as well cause I feel the common badges won't be sold for less than 1.

Pink badge- from something
star amplifier- rare ape (1/1024)
Luminous Field- tollaw (1/2926)
god/mind- gulgus-gue (1/1138)

really low value items but at least field is ok and amp makes field as well, field is from 3rd level most common foe though and amp is from rarest foe.

Bluefull badge -vulmer
Demo comet- rare lily (1/1024)
Kasami bracer- nano dragon (1/1862)
branch of pakupaku- govulmer (1/900)
caduceus- rare slime (1/1024)
asteron belt- dal ral lie (1/40)

only true item of value is belt and you need some crazy %s on that to really like it
granted kasmi bracer as well but meh. badge is from most common foe as well.

Greenile badge- sinow red
Nug2000 bazooka- sinow red (1/18332)
magic rock moola- sinow blue (1/525)
kasami bracer- canane (1/2926)

rare semi uber that is almost worthless, and kasami bracer. Badge is dropped from semi not common foe as well.

Oran badge- gunner foe
sorcerer's right arm- gran sorcerer (1/900)
Prophets of Motav- dark bringer (1/11458)
Guardianna- Indi Belra (1/700)
Kasami Bracer Bulclaw (1/2276)
DF shield- Falz (1/40)

mini but very outclassed uber, guardianna which needs at least 30 hit to even be acceptable really, overall ok drops. granted they from the least common foes here. Badge is from a somewhat low appearing foe as well. Still not the worse hunting ground though at least.

Redria badge- baranz
diska of braveman- gulgus (1/213)
tripolic reflector- pan arms (1/1024)
magic rock moola- migium (1/700)
Electro Frame- Gilchich (1/1050)
Redria card- Gran Sorcerer (1/40330)
Panzer Faust- baranz (1/630)
Maser Beam- Gol Dragon (1/37)

braveman potential to be great but will be almost worthless most of the time, everything else is situational. badge is from rare foe and also dangerous foe.

Purplenum badge- Gal Gryphon
Glide Divine- Gi Gue (1/394)
Heaven Punisher- Mericarol (1/12604)
M&A60 Vise- Ul Gibbon (1/213)
Dress Plate- sinow berill (1/2048)
Sinow Spigell- sinow spigell (1/1011)
Heavenly/HP- Gal Gryphon (1/40)

Potential for uber, great armor, basic glide divine, and ok boss drop, shame its all from rare foes.

Yellowbose badge- za boota
Cannon Rouge- rare dorphon (1/1054)
Photon Crystal- Satellite Lizard (1/853)
V101- Zu (1/1280)
Girasole- rare Zu (1/1054)

pc from common lizards, v101 and girasole are simi uncommon foes, and cannon is from rarest foe. granted badge is from common 2nd level foe

There are also a lot of people who won't hunt the badges until they know where Skyly drops, since Skyly is what gates the sphere (so if you don't have it, why bother hunting the rest)

Well in all fairness all badges gate the sphere, I mean pink, purple, and red are all from annoying things to hunt so far as my posting showed. I mean yeah all of the areas can produce some potentially ok stuff but its a huge waste of time hunting in all 3 areas or so IMO.

Granted with the other prize tiers getting better rewards now it might be worth hunting them down faster. IDK though if the reward for getting 9/10 badges is good enough still. I mean IMO you should at least be able to slap on a 50 pd s-rank, buy a photon booster, magic key, or so on if you find 9/10 of these badges. Skyly being worth 50 of the 99 pds needed to make a sphere is still a very good value IMO.

Last edited:
There are also a lot of people who won't hunt the badges until they know where Skyly drops, since Skyly is what gates the sphere (so if you don't have it, why bother hunting the rest)

To narrow down where Skyly could be. Easier to hunt 1 area rather than 3

Back