Sports Nation

What's everyone's thoughts on the D'angelo Russell and Nick Young scandel going on? Was he in the right? Did he break bro code?

Nick Young was wrong, but D'lo should have never snitched.

You don't do that shit, especially team mates, AND YOU'RE A ROOKIE?

Dude better be the next coming of Kobe because he's going to be shut out of the locker room.

People are saying his account was hacked because his account was spamming links to some soundcloud artist.

Doesn't excuse the fact that this dude kept asking shady ass questions to Young about the 19 year old chick while secretly recording him.

I am a Lakers fan and I must agree, Russell broke the bro code. Keep information in the locker room. Not to the outside world to know. Let alone, he recorded it on his smartphone w.e device. He still a young guy with little knowledge of becoming a man. I kinda hate the fact that the NBA and NCAA are getting this guys at a young age (18-20) with little experience. Sure they can play but outside the court, a lot of growing up is needed. He not going nowhere from Lakers as he is good player but he need to clean up his act. But he did good last night against Miami Heat.

Haha. Dragic was casually bringing ball up and didn't even expect Huertas. Huertas was talking to coach Spoelstra about Russell probably.

Just to play devil's advocate for both sides, what do you think Russell's intentions were for recording Young and outing him like that? Personally, I think he was getting tired of Young's shit and hearing him bragging about it so he used the attitude "fine if you wanna run your mouth, then say it the world" type of thing. I think Russell had good intentions, but as you guys mentioned, he's young and acted too hastily instead of confronting Young or even a coach about the issue. I've heard some other people say that Russell only did it because he wanted to fuck Young's girl, because that's the only reason why guy snitch on each other like that. Seems like a bitch of a stretch, but still a reasonable theory to me.

As for the whole bro code thing... if it were my friend, I wouldn't say shit. But who's to say that Russell and Young were even friends? Team mates, yeah, but if Russell doesn't respect or even like Young, then does bro code still exist between them? Bottom line is, because of his actions the locker room is now split. People say that Russell can't be trusted anymore. If that's the case, then maybe those same people are also doing some shady shit behind closed doors. Only thing I think Russell did that he wasn't prepared for was bringing drama into the locker room, and in that regard he's now broken several rules of the bro code, which is Rule #38: don't bring fucking drama into the work place.

Despite all this attention on Russell, I don't like how the media is portraying Young as the victim here. As I said before, it's my personal belief that Russell felt he was doing the right thing, but he went about it the wrong way, and wasn't prepared for the consequences that came with it.

Young isn't the victim here.

Russell still broke team mate code. You keep things "in house" on a team. Shit shouldn't leave the locker room. Also, Russell never had good intentions if he's secretly recording Nick Young, while asking him all these questions. At the end of the video he says "thanks for telling my video that". I'm sorry but that's some creepy ass shit loooool

Young isn't the victim here.

Russell still broke team mate code. You keep things "in house" on a team. Shit shouldn't leave the locker room. Also, Russell never had good intentions if he's secretly recording Nick Young, while asking him all these questions. At the end of the video he says "thanks for telling my video that". I'm sorry but that's some creepy ass shit loooool
Honestly I haven't watched the video for myself yet. In that case, then I'm gonna go ahead and say that he's trying to steal Young's girl lol

HuW7mlW.jpg

Hehehe thats a good one conenubi701. Championship game is tonight and these boys ready! Esp B.J.
gettyimages-518891102-e1459707386976.jpg

What a stun to UNC. Big Kris Jenkins buzzer beater to win the NCAA Championship.
Paige was clutch but Big smooth got the last laugh......... DAMMIT!
villanova-unc.jpg

Just to play devil's advocate for both sides, what do you think Russell's intentions were for recording Young and outing him like that? Personally, I think he was getting tired of Young's shit and hearing him bragging about it so he used the attitude "fine if you wanna run your mouth, then say it the world" type of thing. I think Russell had good intentions, but as you guys mentioned, he's young and acted too hastily instead of confronting Young or even a coach about the issue. I've heard some other people say that Russell only did it because he wanted to fuck Young's girl, because that's the only reason why guy snitch on each other like that. Seems like a bitch of a stretch, but still a reasonable theory to me.

As for the whole bro code thing... if it were my friend, I wouldn't say shit. But who's to say that Russell and Young were even friends? Team mates, yeah, but if Russell doesn't respect or even like Young, then does bro code still exist between them? Bottom line is, because of his actions the locker room is now split. People say that Russell can't be trusted anymore. If that's the case, then maybe those same people are also doing some shady shit behind closed doors. Only thing I think Russell did that he wasn't prepared for was bringing drama into the locker room, and in that regard he's now broken several rules of the bro code, which is Rule #38: don't bring fucking drama into the work place.

Despite all this attention on Russell, I don't like how the media is portraying Young as the victim here. As I said before, it's my personal belief that Russell felt he was doing the right thing, but he went about it the wrong way, and wasn't prepared for the consequences that came with it.
from everything I've heard they were actually pretty good friends and I believe they were at young's house when hr secretly filmed him.

Hahahaha! That video was funny as fuck. I wouldnt pass the torch either. Russell damn sho not worthy of it. Maybe when the NBA Draft happen, hopefully we get either Buddy Hield or Ben Simmons.

Kobe last game Wednesday. Prepare for tears. Please bring umbrellas as I am bringing raincoat, boots, etc.

Back