So how do you feel about the TypeM weapons with specials?

What's your opinion on TypeM weapons with specials?

• I like them

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • I don't like them

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Mixed feelings

Votes: 13 19.4%

• Total voters

Mille Marteaux

greyhound bus
Guildcard
BETTER LATE THAN NEVER, RIGHT

We're a few days in now, and trying to work out something to do with the SL/Slicer debacle, but while I'm here, I'd like to know: How do you feel about them?

Most of them are Charge since that's what most people would want, but do you think it was a good idea? From what I understand there's many people that just wanted to have white weapons with usable stats.

Currently, they're roughly on par with yellows, if maybe a little stronger (ME/Mechgun says hi). I want to stress though that we have no intentions of releasing ones that are blatantly ridiculous (such as Charge SW/Sword) but otherwise, it's a relatively healthy way to add "custom" items while avoiding things like Rainbow from happening.

Considering that we already have stuff like hit Rambling May and Girasole, it's not too far fetched that something like this was going to happen, but I'd like to just make sure that we're all comfortable with this moving forward before we try it again in the future.

Some things to note are that we aren't going to release things that are blatantly stronger (Spirit DS was stronger than BKB, Charge Sword was on par with Zanba while being risk-free) so we are going to be keeping an eye out to make sure nothing is ruined or blatantly above the power curve.

Anyway, yes, thoughts? I know it's too late for this poll/discussion since we already released some into the wild, but I think any feedback at all is valuable before we play around with adding more in the future.

Finally, we will not be removing the current TypeM weapons that exist. The ones that currently exist will also be obtainable in future events down the line, so they will not be exclusive only to Christmas.

Probably should mention that TypeMs that would basically be an S-Rank with hit will never be a thing. It's already implied in there but just to clarify.

I think if you guys are adding aesthetic variety without creating broken items, then more power to you. I welcome the change!

It's pretty awesome that decisions like this are made while carefully keeping game balance in mind. I can only imagine how vapid and un-involved the creation of Rainbow was on Schtserv compared to your process.

I actually KNOW how it went....

*Flashback scene to the Schtserv lobby*

Envy: HUnewearl is great!
Random HUcast: I'm sorry, but HUnewearl is one of the worst classes in the game for reasons A, B, and C.
Envy: WE'LL JUST SEE ABOUT THAT.

*Later that day

Envy: CROOOOOOONO! THEY SAID HUNEWEARL WAS BAD AND I WANT YOU TO FIX THAT!!!
Crono: Okay, sweetie, anything for you.

*Creates Rainbow - makes it an Xmas drop - and gives one to Envy

*The next day

Envy: Hah! See how powerful my Rainbow is, HUcast? Now I AM THE MOST POWERFUL HUNTER WITH A SWORD.
Random HUmar who also found a Rainbow: Uh...about that...

And here's how they create items on Ephinea by comparison... (Yes, I literally pictured science guys doing science stuff.)

Scientists-Collaborating-with-Industry-An-Exploration-of-Industry-Engagement-Types.jpg

Last edited:
No 'i fucking love them' option :3

I don't like them, as well as hit Girasole and hit Rambling May. These two last weapons changed something in the game balance more than the Type weapons are, but I feel that's something that wasn't necessary. Type weapons aren't meant to have a special, they're in the game to be collectibles rather than beeing useful and I think they should have stayed that way.
Type ME/Mechgun happens to be better than 50H Charge Vulcan... I don't like where things are going to be honest.

Can't say that on a Christian forum!

Says the guy with the Garfield BJ forum signature xD

@Zen: 50H Charge Vulcan is a baseline item that is prettymuch available to anyone. I bought over 50 of them when I got them in my random item shop, and I give them away for free. That said, if a person wanted more than 50H and went down to Ruins and busted boxes for a reasonable amount of time (and yes, it could take many hours), he would find some with more than 50H eventually. Because better alternatives ARE available (with time and effort) to hunt anytime, temporarily offering something that slightly outpaces the "standard model" as a Christmas present is not broken.

If 50H Charge Vulcan was the best item for that job without exception, I would agree with you. There's still room for 50 more ATA improvement on that item for those willing to put in the time.

Hit Girasole and Hit RM? They add power to a couple of characters that, while extremely useful for them, come nowhere near changing the meta in terms of highest DPS.

Last edited:
I think releasing Type weapons with specials are fine, I like the 40H Type ME Mechgun but I would've added 30 or 35H (10 - 5 ata less than '15 Xmas Mechs) to them since they do outclass the base C-Vulcs with the extra ATP.

*Flashback scene to the Schtserv lobby*
You're still hurt about SCHT? Jesus.

We're a few days in now, and trying to work out something to do with the SL/Slicer debacle
What's this SL/Slicer "debacle"? I thought it was meant as a collectors item.

It was meant to be a white Charge Diska (just like how the other TypeMs are just white versions of other charge weaponry), but it doesn't fire projectiles so I'll probably add something extra to "replace" it.

It was meant to be a white Charge Diska (just like how the other TypeMs are just white versions of other charge weaponry), but it doesn't fire projectiles so I'll probably add something extra to "replace" it.
Wow lmao, I seriously thought you guys meant for it to be just a collectible. Didn't y'all test it in Sandbox?

Haha I just figured it was like the rest of the TypeM weaponry (worked just like regular weaponry but with white photons / different models), so I never did check it.

So now it's just a collectible. :p

literally unplayable, worst addition ever, TA ruined, argh.

-

I like them a lot, the white photon is the biggest appeal to me.

The TypeM's will not change TA much since ATA would matter more in the end, but they are interesting additions to the game.

I only really see the TypeM Mechguns being used on Racast/Ramar for Sandbox TA.

The ATA is a real problem with Hucast, and since Sandbox TA rules have 65h on non-rares it makes these items irrelevant on almost every class to be honest.

Here are some more in depth comparisons in the TA thread: LINK

ALSO WHEN IS DF UNLOCK? KAPPA.

Last edited:
Honest opinion:

I think it's fine but some of them were released too strong. Weren't some of them a couple ATA points higher than their 50hit alternatives? Should have lowered the hit a bit, since multiples of 5 doesn't need to be a thing for "prizes." But I guess it doesn't matter since they're out in the wild already and I doubt you'd change the ones that already exist (and to be fair to everyone, you would have to if you made that change).

Just checked the numbers. I don't think this is an issue.

Potential balance issue I thought about though: aren't these spherable? This might make the mechgun a bit more broken than previously thought. I'm sure nobody cares tho.

Last edited:
@Vex:

No. I am not still hurt by Schtserv. I was using an example from the past to show how much better Ephinea is.

It was supposed to be a funny story. =/

I hope someday you learn to stop being a passive-aggressive antagonist.

idk why people that play this game casually would even begin to care
real talk
There you go, much better.

I joke, of course. It's hard to say how good or bad the idea is. As far as I can tell, it's cool I guess, but it does get a bit messy when you consider all the other type weapons that will remain special-less. If anything, I guess you could add lame specials to them like blizzard.

thumbs up. as a whole, this event seems much better balanced than the summer event, which was super fun but maybe not healthy for the server in the long run. as an aside, do the type me/sh weapons have the same stats as listed on psoworld, or have they been modified? and can anyone confirm the stats on the present merges? heard they were maxed

Back