So how do you feel about the TypeM weapons with specials?

What's your opinion on TypeM weapons with specials?

• I like them

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • I don't like them

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Mixed feelings

Votes: 13 19.4%

• Total voters
Not vanilla, nothing should ever change for a ten year old game.

I don't see an issue with the change personally. The thought of a unique item being slightly more usable is appealing. If possible i think a set of different color variations for rares and non rares would be pretty neat since i'm all about that fashion lol. Anything to keep an old gem shine but making sure the gem stays intact is the focus and i feel the team does pretty damn well.

The thought of a unique item being slightly more usable is appealing.

this, have a lot of items I wish were better like siren glass hammer

had the same thought with freeze being usable as well before they took it away

Last edited:
this

had the same thought with freeze being usable as well before they took it away

It wasn't taken away. It is still higher than it was originally, just not enough to warrant using over Arrest as it would be game changing. I have (had before rip) a Blizzard Needle and a Blizzard jcutter which are fun and useful in certain situations.

It was buffed from a 20% cap to 60 then few days later nerfed down to 40 (iirc??). This is still a decent boost to it and I am glad too have it not over-powering.

I'd still argue that 40 is near worthless. Arrest's activation is at 80, 2x the rate of Freeze's 40 atm but arrest is overall a lot more useful than freeze. Just based off how status works that 40 is just silly when arrest, freeze, and confuse all work off the same formula on if they will hit or not in the 1st place.

Arrest lasts longer and can be recharged, once you got a foe plugged with it they are chances are not moving again. Freeze's advantage is that it lowers evade a good amount. Which makes it easier to activate demon's/charge kill a foe. But if you can hit them with freeze you chances are can hit them with arrest/demon's/charge in the 1st place. Then chances are unless the 50/50 of demon's feels like screwing with u a lot you won't need to restun a dangerous foe after. Even if you do para is more useful cause you don't have to wait for it to run out and can stack it on top of freeze anyway and have more time to use it anyway as well.

Then again, with arrest being better overall better than freeze IDK why I'm complaining about them making it almost worthless again other than just because I want to. As far as game changing though it working would be no different than it not working cause of arrest being in the game in the 1st place actually. What enemies can u freeze anyway that you can't just slap with para? Pretty sure para works on more foes than freeze does as well.

As long as the server doesn't dissolve in to making the legendary meta-breaking weapon then any thing that is just an alternative to BIS or anything challenging/rare to get that is even better than the current BIS is fine by me. Tweaking vanilla is fine, creating entirely new content should be done cautiously.

I voted mixed feelings. I wish to stay on an active vanilla server, though I did liked the Mech. I can accept the changes as it's promised to not go saliently above the power curve.

As long as the server doesn't dissolve in to making the legendary meta-breaking weapon then any thing that is just an alternative to BIS or anything challenging/rare to get that is even better than the current BIS is fine by me. Tweaking vanilla is fine, creating entirely new content should be done cautiously.

In all fairness out of everything that was made:
Rainblow
Rainbow
Empress
Buzz Sawd
Texas Massacres
Hildebear Hammer
Hildeblue Hammer
Double Booma Claws
Double Gobooma Claws
Double Gigabooma Claws
Inferno Claw
Rika's Claw MK2
Doom Bringer
Love Ray
Death Ray
Yasminkov 2001H
Yasminkov 3001r
Yasminkov 7001v
Yasminkov 9001k
Suppressed Autogun
Suppressed Lockgun
Suppressed Railgun
Ruppressed Raygun
Dragon Needle
Sigurd's Staff
The Ace of Spades

Battlemages Cloak
Schthack's Jacket
Sonicteam Armor
Torn Dragon Vest
The Ultimate Shield
Rainbow Ring
Battlemages Bracer
Healing Merge
Si Merge
Gi Merge
Ra Merge
Yin Yang Merge
Megistrade Merge
Segaienure Merge

Bad/Luck (I ended up with 5 of these dumb things...)
Centurion/Battle
Trap/Search
State/Maintenance (well u could only get it from one way lol)
HP/Resurrection
TP/Resurrection
PB/Generate (or whatever it was)

And out of everything that was modified:
Ignition Cloak
Congeal Cloak
Tempest Cloak
Three Seals

Clio (Ramarl could no longer use it)
Club of Laconium
Mace of Adaman
Club of Zumiuran
Hildebear's Cane
Hildeblue's Cane
The Sign of a God
Twinkle Star
Sorcerer's Cane
Summit Moon
Magical Piece
Dark Bridge
Caduceus
Mercurius Rod
Siren Glass Hammer
Solferino
Glide Divine
Dark Flow
Suppressed Gun
Master Raven
Rianov 303SNR-5
Burning Visit
Power Maser
L&K38 Combat
Dark Meteor

It wasn't just one thing that broke the server. Some classes got buffs, other characters wanted some as well cause of it.

I can see why some people want to stay purely vanilla. Sure the game is broken now but at least everyone knows why.

As you add more things and take away things people can get annoyed. I mean I remember when L&K38 was nerfed and taken away from FOs, and man was that loud.

Still, I want Siren Glass Hammer to have a 70% boost to Grants, and 100% to Resta, and Zalure lol.

As stated, we test everything we consider to make sure it is not outclassing any other weapons or outclassing any S-Ranks. If it is not a currently existing TypeM weapon, it will not be added, nor will not be touching technique boosts. Any discussion about such matters is pointless.

They're okay, I'd rather they didn't exist but it's whatever as long as they're not tampering with the balance of the game. There are already enough charge weapons so it would've perhaps been nice to include more variety in the special attacks.

Still, I want Siren Glass Hammer to have a 70% boost to Grants, and 100% to Resta, and Zalure lol.
Is equippable by males and would ruin the niche of female supports having the best resta (there would be no reason to ever play FOnewearl over FOnewm).

Those are the kind of changes that ACTUALLY lead to a slippery slope.

As stated, we test everything we consider to make sure it is not outclassing any other weapons or outclassing any S-Ranks. If it is not a currently existing TypeM weapon, it will not be added, nor will not be touching technique boosts. Any discussion about such matters is pointless.

Do these work like S-ranks (unreduced special)?

(If you were to, in theory, make one with a broken special like arrest)

Is equippable by males and would ruin the niche of female supports having the best resta (there would be no reason to ever play FOnewearl over FOnewm).

Those are the kind of changes that ACTUALLY lead to a slippery slope.

I'm sort of trying to figure out what is the reason to play Foney over Fonewn already.

Besides beyond the unspoken of reasons some would have to play as her of course...Or I guess I could be nice and assume some just actually do like the look of the character.

Granted I guess if you like challenge mode/battle mode, having a bit more ata for demon's, hell, and arrest (yet no way to apply hell/arrest on more than one target from a distance besides using s-rank cards but whatever). Oh and the 2nd strongest gi, ra, and grants skills, a free resta boost with the strongest resta, the best si techs by far are also nice, and a free megid pierce.

I guess I can give a small list of reasons to use her.

The Resta boost is a pretty meh boost all things considered. At least on a weapon that even after if I had got my way of buffing it. On here can't combo, drains tp at a pretty big rate (ever use it for a long time?) and was mainly boosting a tech that is pretty much meh and that said weapon has no real way to fight that well on top of that cause the best thing it has (long range grants for free at a distance is low level even with a boost, the fact that grants alone is still meh even).

Really so even if it was buffed the way I was joking about after talking about the fact that tons of different buffs/changes screwed up schthack in the 1st place...The thing would be no Ace of Spades (600+ attack card with demons, that had a 82 hit version of it out there) or even equal to to Tyrell's Parasol (a great weapon no matter what really). Its a resta boost you have to switch out to put on. The best resta boost for guys to support team mates who can't do the most basic thing in this game for some reason would still be resta merge if the male fo wants to fight to some degree even.

Really the main thing this would get rid of is Clio, which is already gone anyway from Glide Divine being around. It wouldn't get rid of Glide Divine. That jellen boost + free low level anti is pretty useful with +15 resists anyway (and a free tp recovery at the cost of hp after 10 minutes of using it).

SGH like that replacing Clio sounds daft since Clio is a RAmarl weapon anyway.

The reason to play FOnewearl is to have double innate Resta range (And strongest Resta) while still being able to have a viable Gifoie. It's the 3rd strongest Gifoie but it's still good enough. Also Challenge.

Back