So how do you feel about the TypeM weapons with specials?

What's your opinion on TypeM weapons with specials?

• I like them

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • I don't like them

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Mixed feelings

Votes: 13 19.4%

• Total voters
do the type me/sh weapons have the same stats as listed on psoworld

They have not been modifed, the stats remain the same. The only diffference is the addition of hit % and Charge/Devils specials.

They have not been modifed, the stats remain the same. The only diffference is the addition of hit % and Charge/Devils specials.
I believe PSO-W has some errors here and there with their stats, being Blue Burst items.

I'm completely fine with inclusion of, modification of, or use of anything within vanilla, which these are. They're just something else to collect and extend my arsenal. :0 These are not gamebreaking weapons like the enhanced scope yas9k's, or rainbows, or texas massacres. Hell my spirit arms has more atp than the Type SH/Shot. My only gripe is the photon bullets arent white as well, maybe some others like that though. =p

Also I think something bears addressing in this case as it's going to be a SPICY MEME topic at some point and has already probably been brought up in this thread and ingame enough.

To be blunt...fuck purism. The phantasy star community at large (universe, pso, and etc) is too obsessed with it. The thing people do not realize is that, vanilla PSO endgame is very short. While it does have near infinite replayability (we wouldn't be here otherwise) At some point we WILL have to readjust the game while remaining vanilla to have interesting things for players to find, create, and buy. Before you get your hyperbole in a twist, I'm not suggesting unlocking darkflow or meteor and buffing them. You have to remember that Sega themselves expanded Phantasy star games often, so this might seem like a copout but change is a part of these games.

What I am saying is that PSO completely abandons some items, leaves them useless, and some things in general a waste of time that would otherwise be good with slight modification. EXTENDING vanilla should not be shunned, and to think so I believe is extremely closed minded.

One example I've been using lately is the plaintain leaf fan (or w/e thats called, the rainbowy looking one), It's abysmal, even if you get large hit and only use it as a beatstick it's really outclassed by umbrellas. The special also doing less than normal damage just makes it a waste of the PDS to get the magic water to make it. Another good example I could give maybe is Faust, currently no one will ever probably use it as in vanilla it's a completely useless item outclassed by charge shot type items. If we unlocked it and nerfed the ATP to reasonability to where its still worth using, we'd be expanding our own game while not adding customs.

GET YOUR SHITPOSTING MEMES READY BECAUSE I POSTED EXAMPLES HERE WE GO.

To be blunt...fuck purism.
I don't get why people on either side of the argument are so set in their ways (pro vanilla or anti vanilla). It's a 16 year old video game that has gone through massive changes (from v1 to v2, v2 to v3, and then addition of ep4) officially. If you really like the game you'll adapt to it, if it's not for you then oh well. Also, just because you think an item is pretty or cool and is outclassed by other weapons doesn't mean you should buff/unlock it (Fan/Faust) without the other group saying "wow unlock this but you can't unlock my mr/lk38 or whatever the hell we complain about this week".

@Vex:
I was using an example from the past to show how much better Ephinea is.
I think we all know Ephinea is better otherwise we'd be on SCHTserv, but hey whatever you need to convince yourself.

I hope someday you learn to stop being a passive-aggressive antagonist.
Jesus, lol.

After testing ME/Mech they are just fine and weaker than Cvulcs overall.

+10 ATP and 40h? Nothing breaking there.

Just grab the itemPMT from the Tethealla installation and open it with Soly's ItemPMT editor.

Hi. I heard stuff was heating up on the forums. Need a light?

I believe the server should be kept as pure as possible. NOT SUPER PURE! Everything needs a tweak of course. I'm Casual As Fuck so I dunno what endgame PSO is like. HOWEVER! Let's not add custom weapons please. Keep the game as pure as possible. I hopped from server to server trying to find a Vanilla PSO. If I want custom stuff I'll play on the other 2 servers.

Don't listen to me though I'm just a Firebat and I don't know much about Pro PSO.

Hi. I heard stuff was heating up on the forums. Need a light?

I believe the server should be kept as pure as possible. NOT SUPER PURE! Everything needs a tweak of course. I'm Casual As Fuck so I dunno what endgame PSO is like. HOWEVER! Let's not add custom weapons please. Keep the game as pure as possible. I hopped from server to server trying to find a Vanilla PSO. If I want custom stuff I'll play on the other 2 servers.

Don't listen to me though I'm just a Firebat and I don't know much about Pro PSO.
They aren't custom weapons. They already existed and were modified to simply be side-grades to weapons that are already easily attainable as-is, just essentially a cosmetic change. This is a GOOD change, and very welcome as far as I'm concerned. Their value will mainly be derived by their unique look and relative lack of availability and NOT because they are super OP, which is also a good thing.

The game should continue to grow and evolve. For some classes, the game is a 10. For some classes, the game is a 2-3. Lets add as many unique things as possible to get everyone to at least a 7. The spectrum of gear lies between a basic saber and endgame gear like I mentioned before. Anything that doesn't replace the endgame gear should be welcomed. Ever thinking that an item will make X class too easy, too broken, too whatever the fuck is forgetting that this game already has fox(hucast), falco (racast) and marth (ramar) sitting at the top wondering what failing a timed mission is all about.

The game should continue to grow and evolve. For some classes, the game is a 10. For some classes, the game is a 2-3. Lets add as many unique things as possible to get everyone to at least a 7. The spectrum of gear lies between a basic saber and endgame gear like I mentioned before. Anything that doesn't replace the endgame gear should be welcomed. Ever thinking that an item will make X class too easy, too broken, too whatever the fuck is forgetting that this game already has fox(hucast), falco (racast) and marth (ramar) sitting at the top wondering what failing a timed mission is all about.
yet Jigglypuff is the 2016 champ... <3

People are overreacting to these "custom wpns". Pretty much they are the shiny version of wpns that already exist (Pkmn reference cuz... reasons...). A lot of players here try to match their wpns to their character so having more colors to choose from is great for those players. Understand its just another color for existing weapons... nothing more... nothing less :D Just a shiny pkmn... :p

#letfonewmmeleeagain

Votes say it all tbh.

Also, I feel, nothing will ever remain the same, things will always grow as is with everything. The server will change, and even if it's based of being pure to an extent it will inevitably always change, and grow in some way/shape/or form. Stuff like these typeWEPS give the game no balance change, nor gameplay difference, yet a fresh feel, and the pleasure of being aestheticly pleasing. I feel the only one who gained anything was FOney whom is unable to use Demon's Srank Twin (can use Devil typeDS/Rod now). The Mechs, Shot and HG pose no threat to their comparisons. And the Slicer well, need I say more?

Last edited:
This server produces calculated, measured growth that carefully considers what came before it. It didn't start out as a bad ROM hack like Ultima, and it will never be ridiculous because its initial principles guide the growth.

Back