Rare Findings and/or Accomplishment Thread

Sodaboy said:
You just gave me an idea, actually. We should have extended the ItemPT instead of remapping it in real-time. Probably will work on that.

How you will extend the itemPT without knowing how the values or data for the EP IV might be?

I could try finding you some JPBB screenshots of %'s of weapons from EP IV to help you out with some data but it will be very hard to find even on the japanese blogs ...

Just because we don't know the data, doesn't mean we can't extend the file. I'm just copying data from other episodes to make Episode 4. The main point of extending the file is the ability to customize Episode 4, which didn't exist previously. Now that the file is extended, a server owner can edit the ItemPT to tweak Episode 4 to their liking.

Sodaboy said:
You just gave me an idea, actually. We should have extended the ItemPT instead of remapping it in real-time. Probably will work on that.
I was talking with Tofu about the remapping, no idea if he talked to you. It was specifically about the DAR.
Now there is no way to retrieve the original data (well, almost none), so we all have to deal with it, but having "dedicated" files for that would be awesome.

Yeah, I already implemented it, Soly. So just added another PT section to ItemPT.gsl which has the EP4 data now. Can just read it like the other ones. (For each difficulty from Normal to Ultimate, read the 10 section IDs PTDATA structure.)

Did you assign type drops to the enemies? That was one thing that always bugged me about Schthack's implementation: since he didn't know which enemies had which type drops, he just let every enemy drop weapons/frames/shields/units randomly, which isn't possible in the other episodes. Perhaps someone could watch footage from the official JPBB server to see the drop types each enemy should have? (Assuming anyone can find videos showcasing the type drops on every enemy.)

I must be incredibly lucky cause I just found two god/minds in one enemy wave in the same room from two lillys ._.

Ohhh SHIT, son.

[09-11-2015, 09:26:57] User 42000370 (HUbercast) found a Red Ring (01022700,00000000,00000000)

Since he was talking about it in the lobby, I guess it's OK to out him. ;)

Sodaboy said:
Ohhh SHIT, son.

[09-11-2015, 09:26:57] User 42000370 (HUbercast) found a Red Ring (01022700,00000000,00000000)

Since he was talking about it in the lobby, I guess it's OK to out him. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/75AeThK.jpg

Yes, it was a bit lucky. Obviously it won't be awhile until I can equip it, but it was fun hunting for it. I will continue to help people find one. Because I already have one, the next time one drops, I'll give it to one of the other party members at random.

Busta_SMurk said:
Because I already have one, the next time one drops, I'll give it to one of the other party members at random.
Aww, you're such a good guy Greg haha. ;)

falkenjeff said:
Have you made a final decision on the hit% values yet?

Would be awesome if you post it when you're done :)

i would just like to say that i'd like to leave yellowboze as special in that regard. if you want boosted hit% rates in ep 2, you can always roll a yellowboze.

Episode 4 is already using the Episode 2 percent table now. :p

Rare weapons have a different percentage pattern from non-rare weapons on GC/BB. He's saying that Yellowboze only gets a boost to Hit % on non-rare weapons, but I have no idea if that's true.

I'm going to crush your soul, are you ready?

Apart from the Red Ring and Ranger Wall, S-Parts ver2.01 is the best shield in the entire game because it boosts the ATA of the hunter android characters, which HUcast's only deficient stat and makes him superior to his fleshie counterparts in every way (both HUmar and HUnewearl have less ATP than the HUcast, even when HUnewearl casts her Shifta, and traps are way too good). This means it is one of the most valuable items you can find, especially since the drop rate is around 1/10,000 from an enemy in normal difficulty (which nobody sticks to). So...

...you got scammed. :p

Don't get hit then, or don't be so weak. (you have 20 Freeze Traps and 20 Confuse Traps as HUcast by like level 120 -- more than enough)

Also, I was not talking about RAcast. I was talking about HUcast. He is stronger than HUmar and HUnewearl so he will kill Falz faster than them, where 10 Dimates, 10 Trimates and 10 Star Atomizers are more than enough (especially if you have the level 21 Zalure from S-Ranks).

Matt said:
So...

...you got scammed. :p
He's the one that got the S.Parts in that trade. You shouldn't get so excited to poop on someone's day, lol.

Back