Quick question - Quick answer

Lol that's a very broad use of the word kinda.

Someone gimmie the rundown. I want to play a FO which is enjoyable in solo play but has good support in group play. I'm thinking either FOmarl and FOnewearl. What are the main differences?

Someone gimmie the rundown. I want to play a FO which is enjoyable in solo play but has good support in group play. I'm thinking either FOmarl and FOnewearl. What are the main differences?
FOney has much higher MST (better tech dmg, aside from grants) and ATA (especially useful with a bringer's rifle) than FOmarl. Downsides are mostly having worthless ATP and low survivability. FOmarls make great melee forces, can use S ranks, and have the best slicer+shot animation, but otherwise have slower animations, less ATA, and kinda terrible tech dmg.

FOmarl: basically a support. Not a solo mage. Has boosts to support techs (jellen/zalure) iirc, and not just resta.

FOney: basically a solo/support hybrid. Highest MST, and therefore high tech damage, but no boosts to AoE techs (altho the MST makes up for this a little bit). Has resta range boost, and since higher MST than FOmarl, has a better resta than her (heals more). No boosts to shifta/deband/jellen/zalure.

FOnewm: solo force, not a support. No support boosts at all. Resta merge is mandatory to support, and he's still not very good. Probably more worthwhile to just spam gifoie. Makes a great buff slave tho (since if you're soloing, the resta merge is enough resta range - no split up parties).

I may be a bit biased. I have zero FOmarl, 1 FOney, and 4 FOnewms.

In my honest opinion, if you value having fun in solo play, just make a FOnewm. Resta merge is good enough if your party isn't shit. If you value solo play and party play around equally, then go for the FOney and be a lazy support in parties with super resta range. If you don't give a shit about solo play at all and want to AFK debuff in parties, make a FOmarl.

FOmarl is amazing solo man. By far my fav fo to solo. Foney has to be the worst.

I'd argue if you want both solo and support in groups, you want to go FOnewearl. She nukes alright in solo play (not quite as well as FOnewm though) and the double Resta range in groups is very useful, plus you can still Gifoie (although not as well as FOmar/FOnewm).

FOmarl: basically a support. Not a solo mage. Has boosts to support techs (jellen/zalure) iirc, and not just resta.

FOney: basically a solo/support hybrid. Highest MST, and therefore high tech damage, but no boosts to AoE techs (altho the MST makes up for this a little bit). Has resta range boost, and since higher MST than FOmarl, has a better resta than her (heals more). No boosts to shifta/deband/jellen/zalure.

FOnewm: solo force, not a support. No support boosts at all. Resta merge is mandatory to support, and he's still not very good. Probably more worthwhile to just spam gifoie. Makes a great buff slave tho (since if you're soloing, the resta merge is enough resta range - no split up parties).

I may be a bit biased. I have zero FOmarl, 1 FOney, and 4 FOnewms.

In my honest opinion, if you value having fun in solo play, just make a FOnewm. Resta merge is good enough if your party isn't shit. If you value solo play and party play around equally, then go for the FOney and be a lazy support in parties with super resta range. If you don't give a shit about solo play at all and want to AFK debuff in parties, make a FOmarl.

Uhhh FOmarl is not as terrible as skylar is making them sound. They are one of the better (if not the best) solo/party hybrid FO's. They are much better at meleeing compared to teching. Decent ATP/ATA which can be compounded with red ring, rambling may abuse, lots of support range without gear, and can max stats easily which leaves you lots of room to change up your slots for different quests. If you want to tech, all you have to do is bring tech weps (pwand, element wands) with you and tech merges and you can switch no problem, even in the middle of a quest.

FOnewm is kind of similar. He has more ATA, boosts to damage techs instead of support techs, but has less mats to use. I'd say they are better at teching (nuking) than meleeing (atleast until the later levels). Because he does not max stats easily, you basically have to have 2 builds: one for meleeing and one for teching because you cannot max atp, ata, and mind all at once (and if you can, it'll be at the cost of all your slots which maxes you less flexible), and even then you'd have to choose between rr or tech merges which will affect you're performance in one category or the other. They are however terrible support, as they get no range boosts on anything. If you want to support, you have to carry so much extra gear.

FOney has trash atp making her heavily reliant on her techs. Unless you get some decent demon/hell weapons, ep2 is basically out of bounds solo as you'll be spending all your time trying to tech and doing no damage, and your atp is too low to dish out any damage (unless you do some SUPER NICHE builds). She does get resta/anti range boost and megid pierce which can make ep2. a little easier, but 9/10 times you will never be meleeing, and techs are easily out-damaged in party play and cause more harm than good when spammed (DMC).

FOmar has decent ATP (>1k i believe? quite a lot) and gets s/d boost which is useful for parties. His biggest downfall is his pisspoor ata which caps SUPER LOW making high hit (more than 50h) weapons a necessity rather than an added benefit. He also does get damage boost to gi-techs which can be useful for teching as well just like fonewm.

I probably missed a lot of things or didn't explain things well but that's the general idea.

TLDR: fomarl is best hybrid FO, followed by fonewm. There's a reason I made a fomarl and became WELL KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE LANDS of ephinea

FOmarl
  • Dank slicer animation for SoF, Jcutters, and DoB
  • can use excal and jcutters
  • optimal for lazy player
  • trash gifoie so you never have to cast it
  • rambling may is broke (but might need hit/rr)
  • strong grants is relevant I guess..
  • Support buffs don't really matter just carry a parasol
  • fancy dress
  • refined taste
  • low-ish ATA but it doesn't matter for slicer SNS really
FOney
  • Highest MST, good gifoie, strongest resta
  • highest FO ata for SoF, Bringers Rifle, Demon Mechs, Hell Raygun, etc
  • piercing megid is actually decent in ep2 against some things
  • Support buffs don't really matter just carry a parasol
  • can't use jcutters or excal, only damage is vivienne and that is ????? questionable (Demon's reliant)
  • simple techs basically useless besides foie on falz form 3, maybe barta is good in solo mode idk.
  • small child
  • like 12 years old irl
Either is perfectly fine in single-player mode
FOney is better for ep4 while FOmarl is arguably better for 1-2

Wasn't it brought up somewhere else that hell could be dmc'd?

Spuz said it could be DMC'd but then Matt replied:

Hell can't cancel, although it can look like it if you watch other people use Hell. (because as soon as the server receives a packet that an enemy has been damaged for all its HP, it will override all over packets as it's dead)

The "Hell gets cancelled" phenomenon occurs because when someone uses an attack in PSO, it rolls separately on all the clients so you can see an enemy get hit properly by Hell, but still live. It's also why you can sometimes see things die to a "miss" -- it's actually hit on the other person's client, but not yours.

Anyone have any info on this Walmart patch I keep hearing stories about?

1) I wanna try it. Where do I get it?

2) Who made it, and can I trust them to not virus me?

3) I heard it makes some weapons invisible. Any way to put them back?

Should be sort of easy... using the particle editor... I don't know if it has names for all particles tho...

Back