Quick question - Quick answer

DMC is a when two people attack a monster at the same time causing it to take no damage (pso logic). You've seen this happen before you just didn't notice it. You wont really notice it unless your playing the game knowing that a certain combo should kill in X amount of hits. If you REALLY want proof just NNN with mechguns and watch how long it takes to die. It used to be a big deal in other servers because they were ran very poorly and the population was more than it could handle. The fact that literally no one knows what this is probably means this server isn't total ass

I don't know why your quoting to tell me about DMC. I know all about it. I was the one answering a question...and fyi..

Actually it doesn't just cause 'no damage'. I am pretty sure DMC is:

Two+ people attack and when the enemy is hit the 'damage packet' is sent to the server from the player causing damage and then back out to each of the individuals. When one of those players attacking same time lags? The code that gets sent out is different to what's actually being seen (as the lagged packet didn't get sent to the game by the time the attack was done?). I probably didn't explain it well, I'm sure @Matt could do a better job.

Essentially it doesn't nesssercerily get rid if the damage completely (as in both attacks). You can damage cancel a weaker attack with your higher damage or vise versa, or even attacks that are not 'damage' can DMC or be DMC'd. Heck even jellen and zalure can DMC, because they are an attack in the coding. It's just that weaker physical attacks are easier to notice causing DMC specially if your a hard hitter.

This game doesn't have "basics".

I think you'd be surprised, the game isn't easy for some. Basics including learning to combo, effectiveness of weaponry and gear, animations of each class, using traps effectively, Tech damage among many other things. If people don't know these things and run about in ult because of too much x2 it causes bloody scenes. I would certainly say everything had basics. Just people have different skill levels.

Last edited:
This game doesn't have "basics".
It sure does. Just because the game is fairly simple does not mean there is no learning curve. I've helped people around lvl 20-30 that didn't know how to combo, had to explain how to open the quick menu to people around lvl 120 so they could quick switch weapons, had to explain to a lvl 70ish what the 45 hit gush autogun I gave them was and why it was good. It's not like these people were stupid, it's just that they hadn't learned these details yet. The difference between a saber and a sword, or an autogun and a mechgun might be obvious to us, but a new player won't know until they try it themselves. And they won't get to try if they just get carried all the time. They'll just end up being like the lvl 150+ player I saw trying to kill nano dragons with a red sword during a summer event ma4. Level 150 and still being carried because they have no concept of how to chose the weapon to fit the situation.

I would guess that DMC works more like this:

Correct behaviour:

Enemy has 1000 HP
Player A deals 200 damage
Enemy has 800 HP
Player A informs player B about the new enemy HP
Player B deals 100 damage
Enemy has 700 HP
Player B informs player A about the new enemy HP

With normal network latency, you get this:

Enemy has 1000 HP
Player A deals 200 damage
Player B deals 100 damage
Player A thinks the enemy has 800 HP, but if player B is laggier than player A, player B subtracts 100 from the original value of 1000, rather than the updated value of 800 that takes player A's attack into consideration (because the damage packet hasn't reached player B yet), so player B tells player A that the enemy has 900 HP, player A's attack gets nullified, and the enemy's HP actually ends up increasing compared to what player A thought it should be.

Whichever HP update gets to you last is the HP you'll think the monster has. Player A's updated enemy HP needs to reach player B before player B does his attack, so that player B takes damage away from the updated enemy HP, rather than the original value.

PSO is apparently too dumb to check current monster HP values against updated values being sent by other clients and always pick the smallest HP value (thus discarding outdated HP information)? Herp derp. (Replace enemy HP with attack damage depending upon which value PSO transmits -- new enemy HP or damage dealt; IDR.)

PSO is apparently too dumb to check current monster HP values against updated values being sent by other clients and always pick the smallest HP value (thus discarding outdated HP information)? Herp derp. (Replace enemy HP with attack damage depending upon which value PSO transmits -- new enemy HP or damage dealt; IDR.)

It's also SORT OF a balance issue too.

If Sodaboy fixes damage cancel then you can basically one-shot a boss before everyone gets to tag lel

I don't know why your quoting to tell me about DMC. I know all about it. I was the one answering a question...and fyi..

Actually it doesn't just cause 'no damage'. I am pretty sure DMC is:

Two+ people attack and when the enemy is hit the 'damage packet' is sent to the server from the player causing damage and then back out to each of the individuals. When one of those players attacking same time lags? The code that gets sent out is different to what's actually being seen (as the lagged packet didn't get sent to the game by the time the attack was done?). I probably didn't explain it well, I'm sure @Matt could do a better job.

Essentially it doesn't nesssercerily get rid if the damage completely. You can damage cancel a weaker attack with your higher damage or vise versa, or even attacks that are not 'damage' can DMC or be DMC'd. Heck even jellen and zalure can DMC, because they are an attack in the coding. It's just that weaker physical attacks are easier to notice causing DMC specially if your a hard hitter.

I think you'd be surprised, the game isn't easy for some. Basics including learning to combo, effectiveness of weaponry and gear, animations of each class, using traps effectively, Tech damage among many other things. If people don't know these things and run about in ult because of too much x2 it causes bloody scenes. I would certainly say everything had basics. Just people have different skill levels.

it wouldn't be much of a cancel if that was the case. But anything can dmc that makes a monster react. Traps etc
But I wish it would just take one of the damages but I'm pretty sure it doesn't

but basics and game knowledge aren't exactly the same thing either so unless you cant move your character or cant string 3 hits together you have the basics down. The original post was talking about whether or not TTF spam was the optimal thing to do sub lvl 80 ( or 90 if its vanilla?) Playing TTF is like any other quest in the game. Just learn where shit spawns->kill your spawn-> carry your friends.

I quoted you cuz your post had some relevant info btw

It works exactly like I said. Aleron explained it better...but that's essentially what I said. it doesn't cancell all attacks out, one would still remain (see alerons example).

I would like to know the ideal way to obtain materials, photon drops, photon crystals, and grinders. I am a hc mode char and currently level 60 with some pretty trash gear (yes, still)

Hell can't cancel, although it can look like it if you watch other people use Hell. (because as soon as the server receives a packet that an enemy has been damaged for all its HP, it will override all over packets as it's dead)

The "Hell gets cancelled" phenomenon occurs because when someone uses an attack in PSO, it rolls separately on all the clients so you can see an enemy get hit properly by Hell, but still live. It's also why you can sometimes see things die to a "miss" -- it's actually hit on the other person's client, but not yours.

I would like to know the ideal way to obtain materials, photon drops, photon crystals, and grinders. I am a hc mode char and currently level 60 with some pretty trash gear (yes, still)

You can get set grinders from many boxes (3 monogrinders in LSB example)
And PCs from certain enemies, boxes. Check the ep4 drop charts. Hard has some from rare enemies?

Pds and mats are random so it's kill as many enemies.

Or look into + abuse HBR.

Also if you want some gear and dolls slick, check the thread in my sig, I have tons of free HC stuff ;)

Hell can't cancel, although it can look like it if you watch other people use Hell. (because as soon as the server receives a packet that an enemy has been damaged for all its HP, it will override all over packets as it's dead)

The "Hell gets cancelled" phenomenon occurs because when someone uses an attack in PSO, it rolls separately on all the clients so you can see an enemy get hit properly by Hell, but still live. It's also why you can sometimes see things die to a "miss" -- it's actually hit on the other person's client, but not yours.

Thanks for this.

What's the best quest to farm Ruins 2 boxes if there is one? NDW's guide doesn't list this.

What's the best quest to farm Ruins 2 boxes if there is one? NDW's guide doesn't list this.

Ruins 2--
Seek My Master / 4-2:Buried Relics
70 / 56

Thanks Spuz and 500ryu!

Where'd you find that, Spuz? I've been trying to look everywhere.

Tbh, I didn't note the source in my notepad. I think maybe azure pso?

I uploaded notepad with all. Its a bit messy but can understand. missing few ep4 and doesn't have new quests but it's nice info.

Attachments

• Box Counts.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 33
Back