Quick question - Quick answer

Is the Principle/side story quest(s) the only way to explore the caves and ruins without worrying about switches slowing down your progress?
I'm new and not familiar with PSOBB.

Best way to get a quick black baby mag so I don't waste a lotta time?

Also, are last swan/master raven unlocked here? please god say they are...they're bread and butter essential weapons.

Colette said:
Best way to get a quick black baby mag so I don't waste a lotta time?

Also, are last swan/master raven unlocked here? please god say they are...they're bread and butter essential weapons.
They are in the same state that they were on the Sega Servers.

Lol well I never played vanilla BB :p I played very early gamecube before going to private servers for BB.

To obtain black mags by character creation, the outfit should be the black rectangle in the first row. Nothing else in there should interfere with the mag color.

Lol weird, I got a dark grey mag from that. I guess I'll try again. o-o

Nother question, will pso-world's sato guides work here? I only ask because mags are usually iffy for private servers.

Bummer, I rely on PSO-World too much. I'll still post the article that I got this from just in case it helps. I just look at the costumes section and guess that the left column is row 1 for human costumes while the right column is row 2 for human costumes, and on an on and on in case somebody wants to add that third row for androids, heh.

falkenjeff said:
Noblewine said:
Is the Principle/side story quest(s) the only way to explore the caves and ruins without worrying about switches slowing down your progress?
I'm new and not familiar with PSOBB.

There is also "one person mode" (which you select when you create a lobby), which has weaker enemies and all multi-man switches will stay pressed if you press them yourself (so you can step on the 2-man switch yourself and don't need someone to help).

If those were the switches you were talking about. =x

I see thanks. What about if you try doing the run normally? Sorry I should've elaborated better. ^^;

Partisans have more forward range, while Swords have more sideways range.

Partisans are way more safe than Swords. Especially in places like Caves or Ruins. It's a pretty big difference, I think you just need to test it yourself. You can hit from further away and get away easier with a Partisan.

The Partisan animation is safer, as well. Well, except on FOmarl, who has a pretty slow last hit.

Are using Shots in multiplayer frowned upon? I mostly play with my brother and our clear times are a helluva lot quicker if I use a shot and he's using his Slicer to tag everything and then follow up with DBs. If I'm playing with other people should I just stick to Mechs and Rifles?

OldSchoolRPGs said:
Are using Shots in multiplayer frowned upon? I mostly play with my brother and our clear times are a helluva lot quicker if I use a shot and he's using his Slicer to tag everything and then follow up with DBs. If I'm playing with other people should I just stick to Mechs and Rifles?
Shots aren't bad. They have lowered Attack to make up for their ability to hit up to 5 enemies. Mechs can get you into a bit of trouble if you are killing everything before anyone else can tag it.

Link1275 said:
OldSchoolRPGs said:
Shots aren't bad. They have lowered Attack to make up for their ability to hit up to 5 enemies. Mechs can get you into a bit of trouble if you are killing everything before anyone else can tag it.

I have always found shots to be a Ranger's savior for late Normal and later. Just having the ability to clear trash in multiple mobs makes life a lot easier, and as mentioned, it's good to ensure that you are getting that EXP. They do start off a little weak, but if you can find a rare weapon such as a Crush Bullet, then you're good for a while. If you are going single-targeting DPS, then Rifles and Mechs would be your obvious choice, so having a variety of weapons is good since Rangers' weapon usages are situational.

Pretty sure nobody cares if you're "killing things before anyone can tag". There are tools to tag enemies if you're really desperate for experience (techniques such as Rafoie and the debuffs, and traps or ranged weaponry as casts).

Shots are great weapons on Rangers, mostly the sacrificial arms though (so like, Charge Arms 50H) as they do a lot of damage when you have good ATP. Very good for crowd control.

Matt said:
Pretty sure nobody cares if you're "killing things before anyone can tag".
I guess it's never happened to you, then.

If you want to make friends on PSO, it always pays to be courteous. If you can see that you're far more powerful than your teammates, it would be kind to switch to a less overpowered weapon so they can contribute to the combat, too. Etiquette depends upon the expectations of the community, and since Ephinea is new, I would encourage people to think about whether their play style is conducive to their teammates' enjoyment of the game.

Well naturally, if you're literally killing everything and nobody can even touch an enemy, that's an issue. In N-VH it makes sense to let people actually level, but in Ultimate there's honestly no real need to "hold back" as there's no way you're wiping out entire spawns instantly.

Back