Quick question - Quick answer

Hey everyone. I'm kind of new to PSO and certainly new to hunters. I'm levelling my 25 HUnewearl, also have a HUcast. I currently have a bunch of weapons and am trying to understand which ones to use, and when.

There a bunch of factors and some of them I don't know much about. For example, weapon reach, single or multi strike, character animations and whatnot. And for sure some here are much better than others. So long story short, what is the order of importance by which I should be picking out my weapons? These are the ones I have right now:

Berserk Gladius 30/0/0/35/35
Fill Gladius 0/0/50/0/40
S-beat's Blade 0/0/0/0/0
Musashi 0/0/0/10/0
Flowen's Sword 25/0/0/0/0
Dragon Slayer 0/0/0/0/0
Slicer of Assassin 15/0/0/0/25
Diska of Liberator 0/15/0/15/0
Brionac 25/30/10/0/0
Arrest Diska +4 20/35/0/0/0

My answer is kind of messy but hopefully it's a bit helpful:

Single target weapon: single-hit is usually faster in animation, while multi-hit will do more damage per combo.
Crowd Control: two choices, Sword/Partisan and/or Slicers. Sword and Partisan are pretty similar and you can get away with only one for the most part, they usually do higher damage to more targets at close range; slicers attacks 4 targets at range, but can often use better combos.
Guns: handgun is useful for long range and clean up (taking out almost dead enemies faster since handgun has the fastest animation out of all weapons). Mechgun will eventually be great once you have enough ATP/ATA.
Status Effect: will be important later on but not too important at low levels. Non of the listed weapons is good at this.
Hell weapons: certain enemies will die faster to these, but usually you need ATA to hit.

At your level, for the most part just pick weapons with better stats (highest ATP, unless its ATA is too low). Only exception is the two sacrificial weapons (Berserk Gladius and Musashi) which you can attempt to use its special.

I'm doing ep1 Government quests solo and I'd like to know if those doors with 4 pressure pads that are only possible to open with 4 people have something good in it. Will it make some quests unbeatable or something?

Also I saw this in the FAQ: "Multimode switches not requiring 2-4 people to activate." is this made by a command or something? Last quest I did I could not pass a door :(

heard u cdan increase exp through item.
how do i find the exp drops that increase my exp quicker?

"Multimode switches not requiring 2-4 people to activate." is this made by a command or something? Last quest I did I could not pass a door :(
No, it isn't done by a command. You should have been able to walk over them (and press them) like the usual normal switch. Probably you just missed a switch somewhere.

No, it isn't done by a command. You should have been able to walk over them (and press them) like the usual normal switch. Probably you just missed a switch somewhere.

Yeah I imagined that when the game detected I was alone in normal / multi mode it would make these pressure pads that needs to be pressed by 4 ppl at the same time just function like the ones in one person mode where you just press them but it's not! All online quests are like this here is a example:

View media item 215

As Matt said, not all quests were updated. The switches that have been done for sure are the ones in the free roam (outside of a quest). Some quests have been updated but, yeah, some of them still need to be done for manual edits of the switches.

heard u cdan increase exp through item.
how do i find the exp drops that increase my exp quicker?
There are some specials the steal EXP; Master's, Lord's, and King's. They aren't always faster as the special hits for less damage, but if you know how to use them, they can help a little.
Quests must be done separately, which quest was it?
I don't recall each one off the top of my head, but they should match the free roam switches wherever the layout is the same. Mostly Caves and Ruins.

As Matt said, not all quests were updated. The switches that have been done for sure are the ones in the free roam (outside of a quest). Some quests have been updated but, yeah, some of them still need to be done for manual edits of the switches.

Thanks a lot now I get why he said that :)

Quests must be done separately, which quest was it?

Well not a urgent thing I was just checking cause I searched like crazy and did not find something about it. I thought it was some kind of code you could do in front of them and open or something.

Since I'm doing it solo guess I will just miss this places for now not a big deal.

Any super important stuff behind those doors? If they get fixed someday I can always come back later :)

Does anybody know why when you're playing on a GameCube controller, you can't run in multiple directions without stopping? Example: I'm running forward, and then I realize I need to run forward and left, so I throw the stick into the top left notch and all of a sudden I start walking up and left instead of running up and left. It fixes itself in like 0.5 seconds and goes back to running, but this is a huge deal since I'm a hardcore player and that speed change can make all the difference.

This GC controller issue is due to the joystick range of a GameCube controller being smaller than a general PC controller (XB360, Logitech Gamepads, ETC). You must manually set the joystick range via your PC's / driver's calibrating tool to have it run PSO properly (and not get you killed).

Does anyone know for sure what the exact spawn rates are for rare mobs?

Every single enemy is 1/512, except Kondrieu which is 1/10.

Base is used because it can be increased through milestones and other rate buffs such as Hardcore's 2x appearance rate (so 1/256).

This GC controller issue is due to the joystick range of a GameCube controller being smaller than a general PC controller (XB360, Logitech Gamepads, ETC). You must manually set the joystick range via your PC's / driver's calibrating tool to have it run PSO properly (and not get you killed).

Does anyone know for sure what the exact spawn rates are for rare mobs?

Thanks so much! Fixed it right away with your help.

Also a question to anyone that knows, piping doesn't work here right? Since last time I checked all the monster spawns are stored server side so it wouldn't work how it does on the ol' Cube.

Back