Quick question - Quick answer

awwwww, oh well guess I better work on earning a soul eater for now instead hehe
Almost forgot, what is the max character length a team name can be on this server?

Last edited:
Almost forgot, what is the max character length a team name can be on this server?
The team name is 24 bytes in the database, since it doesn't have any special characters at the beginning of the string it should be 11.

Are there any enemies (besides bosses) that demon's or hell doesn't work on?

activation rate questions

RAcast + Spread Needle + V501: ?
RAmarl + S-rank Needle (arrest) + V501: ?

thanks smart folk (not including esp just want the base)

edit: feeling hella lazy to check. any difference between slicer and j-cutter atp/ata wise?

In what circumstances would you only use the first 2 attacks of a combo? I've seen ppl doing that for TA. Thanks!

idk activation rates but hit spread on cast is better than arrest needle afaik

s-rank slicer and j-cutter are same cept jcutter 35 more atp with grinds

In what circumstances would you only use the first 2 attacks of a combo? I've seen ppl doing that for TA. Thanks!
in cmode i get it but otherwise idk, use to reposition and keep from taking damage in cmode at least
maybe if the mob is gonna take 5 hits to kill no matter wat may as well do 2 up front then 3 after?
got vids of it?

Last edited:
Reactions: CTB
I remember Zack told me that SN needed ~50 hit to be better than Arrest Needle.

But, I was actually asking because I don't want to bother gearing my RAmarl yet if the rate isn't better than the RAcast setup I already have (i am poor and dont play enough right now)

if you're gonna have flesies on the same account as the cast may as well use arrest needle imo
unless you're packin hella hit spread already

its rly simple. spread needle has higher accuracy(cuz it has hit) and arrest needle has higher activation rate.
i'd use hit sppread for cast and arrest for human

Reactions: CTB
Hi

I just started so my question is this: Can hardcore player trade with normal player? ty! :)

no they cannot trade
and if a hc player joins a normal mode room, the hc cannot pick up items already on the ground

hc can join normal rooms and get its own drops if on the pso2 system tho n.n
normal players cannot join hc rooms

Last edited:
activation rate questions

RAcast + Spread Needle + V501: (64% + 30% Android Ultimate Bonus - Enemy ESP %) x 1.5
RAmarl + S-rank Needle (arrest) + V501: (80% - Enemy ESP %) x 1.5

thanks smart folk (not including esp just want the base)

Link to enemy stats:
http://pso.univers-ps.com/bb/monstres/liste.php

Zack and ryopso said:
Spread Needle vs. Arrest S-Rank Needle
There has been some debate over whether spread needle with hit% is more effective than arrest needle on androids. One argument supposes that non-droids are in need of activation, whereas droids require hit% for more accuracy, because their activation bonus is limited to 20% on arrest due to an ingame limit on how frequently arrest can activate (100%). This argument can be considered to rival the information provided on this link.

Zack wrote:

You don't see many enemies with more than 50 ESP, but many areas have enemies with well over 35 ESP that you want to paralyze. In order to achieve 100% activation rate, you need V501/2 and the android bonus in ultimate against enemies with 30 or less ESP with a Spread Needle. For Arrest, you need enough ATA to hit (which you get plenty of on the third attack of a combo, which already has almost universally has 100% hit rate, and against frozen groups of enemies on the second or third attack with RAcast/RAcaseal freeze traps you are guaranteed to hit). Spread Needle with ~50% Hit can also achieve this without the freeze trap, and that is the advantage of it. However, against anything with more than 30 ESP, the Arrest Needle is better.

Long Story short: Against weak enemies, Spread Needle is better (less than 30 ESP) on androids. Against all enemies, Arrest Needle is better on fleshies. Against strong enemies, Arrest Needle is better (more than 30 ESP) on androids.

Most groups of enemies involve at least one type of enemy with over 30 ESP (usually around 35-45 ESP) and you cannot achieve 100% activation against them with a Spread Needle although the ATA on it will connect every time due to its Hit%. The Arrest Needle, on the other hand, achieves 100% activation on damn near every enemy in Episode I and its accuracy "problem" is *more* than augmented by the Freeze Trap's massive EVP reduction. The S-Rank Needle is better because it can make up for its weakness with something as simple as laying a freeze trap.

Spread Needle, on the other hand, can't even achieve 100% activation against the wolves in Forest 1. (64 + 30 - 35) x 1.5 = 88% paralysis chance against wolf

While an Arrest Needle has enough activation to handle anything up to and including the later stuff in Desert. Its activation rate is 100% on EVERY DAMN ENEMY EXCEPT THE MERISSAS. 100% means it does not fail to activate. No enemy (except Del Rappy) has enough EVP to dodge an s-rank needle attack while frozen. They will get paralyzed.

With an S-Rank Arrest Needle, you get:
(80 + 30 - 21) x 1.5 = 100% paralysis chance on Goran
(80 + 30 - 32) x 1.5 = 100% paralysis chance on Pyro Goran
(80 + 30 - 36) x 1.5 = 100% paralysis chance on Goran Detonator
(80 + 30 - 41) x 1.5 = 100% paralysis chance on Girtablulu
(80 + 30 - 45) x 1.5 = 100% paralysis chance on Sand Rappy
(80 + 30 - 58) x 1.5 = 78% paralysis chance against Merissa A, hardest thing to paralyze in EpIV

compared to Spread Needle's ****:
(64 + 30 - 21) x 1.5 = 100% paralysis chance on Goran (don't get used to it)
(64 + 30 - 32) x 1.5 = 93% paralysis chance on Pyro Goran
(64 + 30 - 36) x 1.5 = 87% paralysis chance on Goran Detonator
(64 + 30 - 41) x 1.5 = 79% paralysis chance on Girtablulu
(64 + 30 - 45) x 1.5 = 73% paralysis chance on Sand Rappy (...)
(64 + 30 - 58) x 1.5 = 54% paralysis chance on Merissa A

Conclusion: Spread Needle sucks.

ryopso wrote:

From what I have read, the final success rate of the special is calculated using the following formula:

("Special Success Rate" - "Monster's ESP" + "Class Bonus") x "Unit Bonus" = "Final Success Rate of Special"

Notes:
1. Special Success Rate can be checked here
2. Monster's ESP can be found in the Beastiary section in PSO-World
3. Class Bonus = 30 for Andriod in Ulimate, else = 0
4. Unit Bonus = 1.5 if V501/2 is equipped, else = 1

Example: Using arrest on a monster with 50 ESP with a RAcast in Ult

Special Success Rate: 80
Monster's ESP: 50
Class Bonus: 30

80 - 50 + 30 = 60 (%)

If v501/2 is used:

(80 - 50 + 30) x 1.5 = 90 (%)

Source:
https://sites.google.com/site/psowiki/home/assorted-information

edit: feeling hella lazy to check. any difference between slicer and j-cutter atp/ata wise?
S-Rank Slicer:
Min ATP - 10
Max ATP - 10
Max Grind - 140
Max ATP - 290
Base ATA - 35

S-Rank J-Cutter:
Min ATP - 25
Max ATP - 25
Max Grind - 150
Max ATP - 325
Base ATA - 35

TL;DR: Same ATA, J-Cutter has more ATP.

How does the three seals shield work? The internet mentions that it's a boost to technique damage but it doesn't seem to do that. What are some good solo quests for leveling? I've been doing the first two bosses in ttf.

Ty ducks!

I have another question. How rare are the "rare ennemy" on this server. I was playing on eden before and they were pretty much always there. Ultima also have them more frequently. But since it's more a vanilla server, I'm not so sure what to expect :3

How does the three seals shield work? The internet mentions that it's a boost to technique damage but it doesn't seem to do that. What are some good solo quests for leveling? I've been doing the first two bosses in ttf.

Three Seals has 30% boost to Razonde. LV33 requirement. +33 to all resists. Random damage nullification and TP restoration.

TTF, MAS, MU3.

Ty ducks!

I have another question. How rare are the "rare ennemy" on this server. I was playing on eden before and they were pretty much always there. Ultima also have them more frequently. But since it's more a vanilla server, I'm not so sure what to expect :3
1/512 is standard rare enemy rate. Rate can be boosted via Milestone Rewards and events.

Back