Quick question - Quick answer

How worth it is it to unseal SJS? I haven't had an unreduced hell sword before and I'm finding it extremely useful.

(I guess I could just put hell on an s-rank sword or something since my SJS has 0 hit anyway but still)

EDIT: Yeah nevermind s-ranks have as much ATA as SJS so I'd rather just get an s-rank with hell rather than not unseal SJS

Last edited:
Deldepth have some interesting tricks to make them easier while we are talking about em:

Wow that video, well old. I remember chiyo and cl.. And yeah, there are plenty of ways to deal with DDs as long as people aren't spamming shit.

Yes. You subtract your EDK from the EDK of the Megid, and if the result is <= 0, you can't die. If it's > 0, that's how often you'll die. Of course it's important to remember that PSO has a terrible RNG, so even a 10% chance of death will probably result in you dying 30% of the time, because Sega seems to unfairly skew Megid's RNG towards success when it's aimed at the player and towards failure when it's aimed at an enemy.

Level 100-120 or so seems like it might be a bit of a slog; outgrowing V.hard, but still somewhat easily murdered in Ultimate (at least, with my current gear). Do I just keep spamming V.hard quests like TTF and soloing things like Ultimate Forest of Sorrow for a bit?

Try solo ult, should be do-able.

Level 100-120 or so seems like it might be a bit of a slog; outgrowing V.hard, but still somewhat easily murdered in Ultimate (at least, with my current gear). Do I just keep spamming V.hard quests like TTF and soloing things like Ultimate Forest of Sorrow for a bit?

Do single player Ep4 quests, like Warrior's Pride. Great exp, and you get 2 NPCs to be meatshields for you.

Might even get something nice along the way, enemy counts are decent.

Nah, repeat them to your heart's content.
Perfect, thanks much. I've been wanting to do more Episode 4 since that's completely new to me (coming from years on the Gamecube). Zu solo are...invigorating, even on V.hard, at ~100. At least, three of them at once sure are.

Followup question about BPD2: I recall being told that VH and Ult both give 2 rewards (whereas Normal and Hard give 1), and looking at the lists, it seems that the only difference between the potential rewards is that VH gives Yunchang instead of Ult's Shouren. Unless I specifically want a Shouren, is it just plain easier and faster to stick to VH BPD2 if my goal is to quickly get a Last Swan? Am I missing something?

Also, for clarity:
Last Swan - Female-only handgun, fires 3 bullets per attack, NOT combo locked.
Master Raven - Male-only handgun, fires 3 bullets per attack, combo locked but higher ATP.
Right? How do the 2 compare?

Followup question about BPD2: I recall being told that VH and Ult both give 2 rewards (whereas Normal and Hard give 1), and looking at the lists, it seems that the only difference between the potential rewards is that VH gives Yunchang instead of Ult's Shouren. Unless I specifically want a Shouren, is it just plain easier and faster to stick to VH BPD2 if my goal is to quickly get a Last Swan? Am I missing something?

Also, for clarity:
Last Swan - Female-only handgun, fires 3 bullets per attack, NOT combo locked.
Master Raven - Male-only handgun, fires 3 bullets per attack, combo locked but higher ATP.
Right? How do the 2 compare?
Correct to the first question.

To second question, combo locked MR is very limited as it's hard to have enough ATA to use Hard attack on it. Most notable users are possibly RAmar who uses H on enemies with low enough EVP and HUcast whose N still does some damage (?). Last Swan is quite powerful and is a good option for damage handguns for females Hunters and Rangers. New players often overuse it and it gained a reputation of being good at damage cancelling.

I still do BPD2 in Ultimate because I'd rather have a statless Shouren to make Jizais with than a statless Yunchang.
Plus, maybe the drop percentages are the same for each item, but I've had way better luck in Ultimate. Superstition, it's a thing.

On SEGA it was:

Normal - 1 item
Hard - 2 items
Very Hard - 3 items
Ultimate - 4 items

We decided against that because:
1) It's broken/overpowered if all items have an equal chance to drop
2) We don't know SEGA's drop rates for quests like this (frequency of common items vs good items, etc)

Which is why we stuck with the system that most other servers use:
Normal - 1 item
Hard - 1 items
Very Hard - 2 items
Ultimate - 2 items

With all items having an equal chance to drop.

The community went against the word of the mighty Sega? Weren't you scared about the fire, brimstone and loss of your first born?

Those must have been dark times, please, tell me more.

Nothing in ep. 4 is considered sacred, it is sort of selective in what people like and don't like changed actually.

Personally for me if I was gonna make a drop chart I'd want have a few other good things to find along the way for where the main prices are. Its part of why I hate Bluefull's HP hunt even if it is easy, nothing else of real note drops in forest for blue. unlike for example red.

However, blue has an ok ep2 hunt in seabed and a bit for tower as well. Which is a rare thing for ep2.
-Fatsia from common dolmolm (has potential to be a good partisan even if you have to spend 20 pds to make it, I have a 40 hit one, it has uses, in order for soul banish to be trully better it needs 35 hit but Fonewn can use this, he can't use soul eater. Granted Fonewn can use excal...so yeah)
-zanba from red sinow zele (can be better than yumchang for 2 of the hu characters)
-soul banish from deldepth (the 10/12 classes that can equip it could maybe fine use even if the value is down),
-p-wand from delbitter
-pgf from olga flow

-Add slots are in boxes on the upper level at least as well.

I'd want the p-wand, but I wouldn't mind some of the other things if they dropped.

TTF is good for blue as well for the 1st two bosses: holy ray from dragon, astro belt from worm, hp from rare torr if you get beyond lucky. Shame my luck is shit lol.

And of course the ep 4 crater area is a good hunt, even if it pissed me off.

Enemy Part Weapons... If you sphere the weapon first then add hit, is the quest smart enough to keep the sphered %s?

Back