Quick question - Quick answer

Is the chance the same for each special to show up on a non-rare weapon - or are some, like the elemental specials, more common?

Please could I get some advice on how I should aim to build a HUcast? I've followed a mat plan, but am not sure about weapons / armour / barriers to aim for.

Please could I get some advice on how I should aim to build a HUcast? I've followed a mat plan, but am not sure about weapons / armour / barriers to aim for.
Items I use.

weps:
Diska of Braveman w/hit
Red Sword w/hit
Charge Vulcans 50hit
Charge Raygun 50hit
S-Rank ARREST J-Cutter
S-Rank HELL J-Cutter
Excalibur
Twin Blaze
Dark Flow 50/50/0/0/50
Dark Flow 0/0/50/50/50

Frame:
Thirteen

Shield:
Red Ring

Units:
V101
V502
Proof of Sword-Saint
Smartlink

Mag:
Tellusis 5/133/62/0

I have a lot of late game equips. You'll have to use some cheaper stuff as you play. Notable mentions are 5/115/80/0 Mag until lvl 165ish because HuCast ata early is terrible. Heavenly/arms and Centurion/ability are helpful when leveling too. Cure/Shock is nice when against vol-op, ep2 monkeys, or ep4 girtablulu. Until lvl 180, use S-Parts 2.01 instead of Red Ring. If you don't like using Berserk special, you can use D-parts 1.10 instead of Thirteen and swap Diska of braveman w/hit for a Charge Diska 50h+. There are several other situational or useful weapons, but you can figure those out as you play. You can use a Girasole for single target dps until you find excalibur. You can also use a Charge Calibur 50h for good melee multi-target dps. Until you can get S-Rank weapons with ARREST and HELL special, but an Arrest/Hell Raygun 50h. The name of the game here is to have a good mix of single/multi-target weapons and your ranged weapons being a Slicer, Charge Vulcs, and a handgun of your choice. Put Dark Flows on the back burner. The one Uber that you want to aim for that's not listed here cause I don't own one is Tsukimari J-Sword (TJS).

For when you want to demoralize huney players, because your ATP with this on hucast, is nearly equal to huney with the rarest sword type weapon in the game.

lwi87bm.png

What is HBR and how do i get a rank? I know of the command /hbr and completed quite a few EN runs but at the end it says NO RANK. What does it do?

Question 1:
Why are there several weapons from episode IV with French names? (Mille Marteaux, Rage De Feu, Lame De Argent etc.) I've always wondered about this.

Question 2:
What is the point of the slow down a character does when in close proximity to an enemy? (if everyone just pops the chat menu to avoid it and it only seems to inhibit combat, I think it should be removed)

Question 2:
What is the point of the slow down a character does when in close proximity to an enemy? (if everyone just pops the chat menu to avoid it and it only seems to inhibit combat, I think it should be removed)

It's the targeting system, it just sucks idk. This is far from a polished game.

But as it is kind of a core mechanic, I doubt it would be (or even could be) changed here.

Question 1:
Why are there several weapons from episode IV with French names? (Mille Marteaux, Rage De Feu, Lame De Argent etc.) I've always wondered about this.
Japan has a thing with France/French culture, and a propensity of using foreign material in fantasy settings. Francophila is visible in a lot of their media, and there's probably nothing more to it. Durandal is a sword of French legend as well.

I could probably mention that a large amount of the items in E4 are derived from ancient Japanese custom as well, and Japan and France have enough significant history together.

Last edited:
French is also commonly taught as a second language in Japanese schools alongside English. As a world language, French is spoken most commonly behind English and a decent portion of that comes from Japan.

Hey, Haven't played in awhile an recently returned to start fresh as tend to do now an then~ anyway, I seem to recall last time I played on this server (it's been awhile) there was a custom quest for ep2 temple, I cant remember the name of it but it was a retrieval one where you would go through temple and ultimately kill barba ray.

This quest was my favourite as it had a really great monster count an I loved grinding off the mothmants for exp so I was sad to see its gone? is it part of a rotation due to come back or is it just deleted? any reason why? :<

Hey, Haven't played in awhile an recently returned to start fresh as tend to do now an then~ anyway, I seem to recall last time I played on this server (it's been awhile) there was a custom quest for ep2 temple, I cant remember the name of it but it was a retrieval one where you would go through temple and ultimately kill barba ray.

This quest was my favourite as it had a really great monster count an I loved grinding off the mothmants for exp so I was sad to see its gone? is it part of a rotation due to come back or is it just deleted? any reason why? :<

The quest creator was banned and asked for his quests to be removed.

According to the instruction manual for PSOv1, "If there are any enemies nearby your character will walk slower and with their weapon drawn." Your character is signalling that he's ready to throw down.
It's the targeting system, it just sucks idk. This is far from a polished game.

But as it is kind of a core mechanic, I doubt it would be (or even could be) changed here.
Thanks guys!

Japan has a thing with France/French culture, and a propensity of using foreign material in fantasy settings. Francophila is visible in a lot of their media, and there's probably nothing more to it. Durandal is a sword of French legend as well.

I could probably mention that a large amount of the items in E4 are derived from ancient Japanese custom as well, and Japan and France have enough significant history together.
Didn't know this, thank you!

do amplifiers and barriers have a rare jingle or appear on the minimap?
I feel like one does but not the other but I can't remember, wondering how hard I'm gonna have to look when I go amp hunting

Back