Quick question - Quick answer

I have had a look at gallons shop on all the various things in there, how do you go about using pds if you have them don’t seem to see anywhere to use them, been to gallons in ep2

hi guys

I'm pretty new here and not played pso since I was about 14, good 16 years or so ago.

I remember bits and bats but don't really ever remember struggling to hit certain bosses like de rol le.

Is it because I'm not a high enough level or with this being a personalised server do you have to have specific weapons techs for example to hit them.

I'm a level 25 ranger purplenum.

cheers in advance

not sure if this has anything to do with it, but in order to kill DRL, you have to break the shield on one or more segments to expose the body. only damage done to the body will count toward physically killing the boss.

if you just struggling to actually hit at all (miss/miss/miss) then you probably need some more ATA stat.

I have had a look at gallons shop on all the various things in there, how do you go about using pds if you have them don’t seem to see anywhere to use them, been to gallons in ep2

You have to do a specific quest line so you can talk to Paganini and have him show you what he has to sell.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=772

This should explain it.

Basically, you need to complete West Tower and complete the optional objectives.

Ok, possibly a (very?) noob question:
Is there any way to NOT pick items from the floor while you have an enemy on aim? I mean, I've been playing like this for more than a decade, and it's something that bordered me to no end. We got a forum now, so no excuse. Anyone?

Ok, possibly a (very?) noob question:
Is there any way to NOT pick items from the floor while you have an enemy on aim? I mean, I've been playing like this for more than a decade, and it's something that bordered me to no end. We got a forum now, so no excuse. Anyone?

I bind the ninth slot on the extra palette to normal attack
The other method is to put your normal attack on the left or right of your palette instead of on "confirm", but I prefer it staying on "confirm", and putting it on 9 as well.

That's not a very viable solution for me. As I said, I've been playing for many years, and muscle memory is a b*tch in this case. But I'll give it a try

That's not a very viable solution for me. As I said, I've been playing for many years, and muscle memory is a b*tch in this case. But I'll give it a try

i tried doing something different years ago to avoid this but i ultimately gave up. if it comes down to it in a clutch situation, i just end up picking up whatever's under me in the split second before i attack. can always discard it later.

On the bright side when your inventory fills up, your problem is solved and you can attack away.

On the bright side when your inventory fills up, your problem is solved and you can attack away.

in the days before pso2 drop system, it was tough sometimes because if your inventory filled up and you forgot to discard, and a big drop comes up, someone else might snipe it right from under you.

Is there any way to NOT pick items from the floor while you have an enemy on aim? I mean, I've been playing like this for more than a decade, and it's something that bordered me to no end.
Begin your three-hit combo with a heavy or extra attack so that you don't pick up the item, even if you know the attack is going to miss, because missing is less trouble than having to drop the item later or getting killed because you picked up an item instead of attacking. ;)

I like to pick up all the weapons anyway just to see what RNG handed me. Of course, this is because I play on Dolphin with no HAX floor readers. Muh vanilla.

Naturally, but sometimes an enemy will inconsiderately drop an item right on top of you as another enemy is moving in to attack. If you don't have time to move away from the item box so you can press A without it cockblocking your attack, then you must attack with a different button to keep yourself alive and worry about checking the item later. :cool:

Can you re-order the Technique list (on the F3 quick menu)?
The X button lets you sort the list, i.e. whatever button or key you have mapped to the left button of the Action Palette.

Hey guys, what’s the quickest method/quest for racking up dark falz kills? (On that red ring grind) TTF or? Thank you! :)

Begin your three-hit combo with a heavy or extra attack so that you don't pick up the item, even if you know the attack is going to miss, because missing is less trouble than having to drop the item later or getting killed because you picked up an item instead of attacking. ;)

I've tried a couple 'solutions' over the years including starting the combo with heavy. However, missing the first strike is as bad (or worse) than taking the moment to pick the item. You lose initiative, leave an opening, and overall is just as much an hassle.
I was looking for a solution within the game mechanics. I can't be the only one frustrated to have to work around this when you have DARs at 150% playing in the last room of EN with a junkyard around you. Or getting hit by a diving Zu cos you picked up 100Meseta instead of shooting.

Yes, I've been doing that a lot lately. Problem keepz with meseta tho

Last edited:
I've tried a couple 'solutions' over the years including starting the combo with heavy. However, missing the first strike is as bad (or worse) than taking the moment to pick the item. You lose initiative, leave an opening, and overall is just as much an hassle.
I was looking for a solution within the game mechanics. I can't be the only one frustrated to have to work around this when you have DARs at 150% playing in the last room of EN with a junkyard around you. Or getting hit by a diving Zu cos you picked up 100Meseta instead of shooting.

Yes, I've been doing that a lot lately. Problem keepz with meseta tho
those are the only two solutions. I use /redbox when i play sandbox but you cant do that in normal mode lol.
It's honestly really difficult to get used to the change but it's the only way forward.

It was the same for me few years back, took me a good few days of playing and doing the wrong combo; facepalmed so much but it was so worth swapping N and H in the end.

How would I go about deciding the best special for an s-rank needle? Any recommendations on which one to pick?

Back