Quick question - Quick answer

Out of ndws, gear suggestion guide:"-S Rank Needles- Bread and butter of your weaponry. Popular specials include: Berserk, Spirit, Hell, Zalure, Demons, and Arrest." Depends on the situation which one is the best I guess Oo my first srank needle is going to be demons followed by hell

I love crowd control very much too, but atm I almost never need to arrest anything cause my dears destroy everything to fast. Some traps are enough, even if i play ra i almost only frozen shooter a few times xD (btw I still want to buy a hit spread needle -.-) shouldn't the hashtag be #racastlife since the discussion is about srank needles? ^^ or is this a hint we should suggest to give hucast more options to equip, since he is clearly not strong enough atm xD could also suggest a hucast only combo unlocked dark flow¿¡?! (and everyone who takes this serious, I'm sorry I haven't been :p)

At mid levels (100 to 150) Arresting enemies works well because you don't have the firepower and/or ATA to take enemies down quickly. That amount of paralysis gives you enough of an opening to quickly take them down without them hitting you.

Once you start hitting 180 or so there's little reason to use Arrest unless you're dealing with problem children like the Dorphon because you're so strong it's easier to just shoot them with a Charge Arms or whatnot because you can easily kill them with an NSS or two.

Don't get me wrong, stunning enemies is still immensely valuable, esp if you're running a class with low ATA, but once you start hitting high level, enemies like the Bartle are much better dealt with by simply shooting the fucks instead of farting around with Arrest. Go ahead and use your Freeze Traps, Frozen Shooter, and Arrest Laser on enemies like the Baranz or Dorphon or huge groups of enemies (I'm thinking like a full room of enemies in the final room in EN4 Ruins 1), but don't waste your time or traps on shit like 4 Arlans.

Sorry for double posting, but I've got a question about an area in Episode 4.

Area 10 is a duplicate of Caves 2 in Episode 1. When you warp in, you're stuck in the wall and can't explore. Is there anything in the area itself, such as enemies and doors, or is it completely empty?

Pic attached of what I'm talking about.

episode 4 test area.png

Reactions: Mad
Sorry for double posting, but I've got a question about an area in Episode 4.

Area 10 is a duplicate of Caves 2 in Episode 1. When you warp in, you're stuck in the wall and can't explore. Is there anything in the area itself, such as enemies and doors, or is it completely empty?

Pic attached of what I'm talking about.

View attachment 6554
The default map doesn't have anything interesting in it but quests can use it as they wish. I don't think any quests on Ephinea use it though.

It depends upon your class. Control is unnecessary if you can destroy the enemies before they get a chance to attack. #HUcastlyfe :eek:

HUcasts have not been able to use Needle in a long time, this is Blue Burst :eek:

but don't waste your time or traps on shit like 4 Arlans.

I disagree; well, it really depends on the situation. If you're up against ''4 Arlan'' in multimode on a RAmar/RAcast at max ATA/ATP and you NSS with Charge Arms, their manual EVP/Dodging will leave them all alive unless controlled prior. And then when you're trying to finish them off they will be smacking you or you'll be dodging them. The spawns should always be controlled to be less annoying as this will lead to you killing them faster in the end anyway. If you're a cast no need to waste FT's on them but Arrest works wonders too. Just look at any TA video, MA4, TTF, Towers. Arrest or Traps get used on almost everything in groups. If you can't kill an enemy faster you should ALWAYS be controlling (Needle/Traps) > attacking (Charge Shizzle) > finishing off remains (HS).

Just running around NSS'ing weak mobs is bad gameplay and will get you hit plus take twice as long. If I was to play EN4 I would be controlling all the spawns with traps or Arrest Needle, 4 Arlans or not.

Arrest Needle is essential Gear for all Rangers in almost all areas.
Demons Needle is not essential as you can use Charge etc (until you can afford demons).
Hell Needle is only 'essential' in EP2.

Last edited:
I always liked to ft > arrest needle on stuff. Refresh paralysis as desired.

Reactions: NDW
Is there a shop viewer extension for the LUA UI add ons or do I have to take my fat ass to the shop for Vulcan/Arms checks?

They're only loaded into the client when you talk to the NPC anyway.

Reactions: CTB
how long can you be AFK before you get kicked out of server? Can you turn on/off this if you play Solo?

This may have been asked in here before, so I apologize in advance

Photon Drop quest? is it only solo or seasonal.... cause its supposed to be under the shop section but I didn't see it

best super-power-leveling-for-MAX-EXP??

no but really, being level 29 is lame; i know the game really "takes off" around 50 or so..

whats the best run to get through these chore levels til then? TTF still? MAX attack? thank you! ra cast

(def a lil late to the party, but im active again after like 3 years PSO-less)

Photon Drop quest? is it only solo or seasonal.... cause its supposed to be under the shop section but I didn't see it
Gallon's Shop.

Episode 4 Maximum Attack S if you can get people to help you power level. If not, then do Towards the Future with other similarly leveled characters.

no but really, being level 29 is lame; i know the game really "takes off" around 50 or so..

whats the best run to get through these chore levels til then? TTF still? MAX attack? thank you! ra cast

(def a lil late to the party, but im active again after like 3 years PSO-less)

Below VH you may have a hard time finding a group, so probably just solo TTF, throw in Retrieval Quests or Tyrell's Ego for diversity. The fastest is probably just spam TTF Dragon. Once in VH you can probably find TTF groups to cruise with.

Take advantage of the 150% EXP this week and get that leveling in.

NDW is spot on. As a note, MA4 A-C gets me about 33k in 3 minutes (stop before laser gate) while TTF gets about 20k in 2 minutes (dragon only, trigger enemies only). Of course, this is in Ultimate during exp week but you can probably use this for comparison's sake.

It's mostly just what you can handle. If your character is piggy-backing with good gear/weps I'd say try MA4. XPpm is slightly better and the drops there are typically more useful, too. But if you're just getting into the game with starting gear stick with TTF ;)

Unrelated question; what is the highest acceptable number of enemies a quest can have before drops are disabled? For reference:
In addition to the quests we added yesterday, we just added the Maximum Attack S series of quests by RikaPSO to the Event categories of Episodes 1, 2 and 4.

Due to the high concentration of monsters in these quests, item drops are disabled while playing them. These quests are mostly for getting experience, though we may boost the meseta rewards from them later.
For instance, Fake in Yellow exists and can be completed fairly quickly for rare Rappies. What is the number stopping me from creating a similar quest with more Rappies/Dorphons/etc?

Back