Quick question - Quick answer

In order of quality, pixel > vertex > emulation, so emulation should be the least demanding. Unfortunately, since Sega sucks at porting games to PC, your results may vary based upon which GPU you have.

Dumb question more than likely but; what is being referred to when a shield is listed here on the forums with [ x/x | x/x ] ? is this something to do with maximum potential for DEF/EVP?

Yes, the first number is the stat the item has on it while the second number is the maximum it can reach.

Yes, the first number is the stat the item has on it while the second number is the maximum it can reach.
Ah, okay. I see it now. The denominator is the full range of potential DFP/EVP for that particular armor/shield. Thanks for the reply!

Is Last Swan considered better than Dual Bird on the classes that can use it? Does it depend on the situation? I saw Last Swan compared to charge raygun when I searched the forum, but I'm not really sure what situations you'd want charge raygun (instead of mechs) for in the first place.

Also, a completely unrelated question: is it possible to get nice looking smooth anti-aliased text in this game?

Is Last Swan considered better than Dual Bird on the classes that can use it? Does it depend on the situation? I saw Last Swan compared to charge raygun when I searched the forum, but I'm not really sure what situations you'd want charge raygun (instead of mechs) for in the first place.

Also, a completely unrelated question: is it possible to get nice looking smooth anti-aliased text in this game?

pretty much just better given the handgun speed/range. iirc hydro sphered some DBs to avoid using charge mechs on HuCl, but other than corner cases like that, yeah.

as for swan v raygun, you'd maybe use a charge raygun instead if you desperately needed the extra ata over LS, but there probably wouldn't be many cases where switching would be worth considering. charge ray v DB would just be situational- as in you need the extra range, or the speed, etc.

no clue on the text

Hello everyone. I just started playing and my RAmarl is level 22 with over 100 MST. I cannot figure out why my Resta lvl 2 disk (which requires significantly less MST than what I have) is gray and can't be used. I imagine I'm missing something obvious. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hello everyone. I just started playing and my RAmarl is level 22 with over 100 MST. I cannot figure out why my Resta lvl 2 disk (which requires significantly less MST than what I have) is gray and can't be used. I imagine I'm missing something obvious. Any ideas? Thanks!
It's possible that your base MST is lower than what's required? that, or you've already used that disk before. I encountered a similar problem when my Hildebear Cane was giving me the necessary MST needed to equip Glide Divine. This used to be possible on GC but I guess it's been fixed since. So see if it's your weapon? Mind Units/MAG are okay, though.

x/Technique units will also mimic higher levels and prevent your ability to use them, so be sure to: un-equip, use disk, re-equip.

Last edited:

If you press F3 (in game) it wil take you straight to the tech menu. (To see if you have it already).

It's possible that your base MST is lower than what's required? that, or you've already used that disk before. I encountered a similar problem when my Hildebear Cane was giving me the necessary MST needed to equip Glide Divine. This used to be possible on GC but I guess it's been fixed since. So see if it's your weapon? Mind Units/MAG are okay, though.

x/Technique units will also mimic higher levels and prevent your ability to use them, so be sure to: un-equip, use disk, re-equip.

A weapon used to boost MST actually helps towards using techs, what I normally do is use Mercurious Rod as it gives a full 80 MST (after equipping mind mag/units; to get the extra boost to use techs). Your right though in assuming the weapon won't help towards another weapon since to equip, the game is required to unequip the previous weapon.

I encountered a similar problem when my Hildebear Cane was giving me the necessary MST needed to equip Glide Divine. This used to be possible on GC but I guess it's been fixed since.
It works on V1, 2, and 3, but Sega fixed it in BB. Using a weapon's MST to equip another weapon that doesn't give MST can lead to you equipping a weapon that then becomes greyed-out while it's equipped, which leads to bugs, e.g. not being able to see your equipped weapon in the quick menu, and having your weapon spontaneously unequip itself when you equip a different unit or shield.

Is there a list of all the quests that have been taken down? aka girthquests.

tl;dr, All of his quests.

Villainous rift 1 and 2
Malicious uprising 1-5
Lost shock gungnir
Lost riot raygun
Lost devil sceptre
Lost chaos calibur
Lost heart breaker
lost son hopkins
lost master blaster

So yeah, a unfortunately sizeable amount of quests lost to "PSO drama". : )) As far as I've heard, we'll see replacements for them eventually. Whether they're ALLOWED to functionally replace Girth's quests, and not be nerfed, is another matter entirely. That's the rumor mill/hearsay spinning its wheels though so don't take what I say as fact.

It works on V1, 2, and 3, but Sega fixed it in BB. Using a weapon's MST to equip another weapon that doesn't give MST can lead to you equipping a weapon that then becomes greyed-out while it's equipped, which leads to bugs, e.g. not being able to see your equipped weapon in the quick menu, and having your weapon spontaneously unequip itself when you equip a different unit or shield.
I do remember it being greyed out, haha. Good tidbit, though. :)

You need to join a team or make one and unlock dressing room through teampoints. That's how vanilla PSOBB functioned.

Back