Quick question - Quick answer

At the moment we have a lot of experience boost from the anniversary event. For the time being you probably want to turn off the extra experience using the /purist command. /purist also forces you to use classic drop style, but since you're soloing it won't affect you.

I'm not sure if this will be sufficient to stop gaining xp too quickly. If it does, there's not much choice except to make another character to experience the other episodes.

Another problem may be getting weapon drops that would trivialize early areas in other episodes. In this case, try to do one area at a time, and somewhat cycle through the episodes. For example: Forest->Temple->Caves->Spaceship->Crater(all, any, your choice)->Mines->CCA->Ruins/Seabed/Desert->Tower. This is just an example. Different areas have different quality in weapon drops, there's actually a sequence you could follow which would stop you from getting later weapons too early -- but I didn't actually check if the example I gave follow it well enough or not.

Thanks, this sounds like a good plan!

I had an idea to leave the exp boost on up to level 20 so i could cruise through normal mode, as ive done it a million times. But i think 20 might've been too high to go and messed up my plan. Might reroll and go purist.

Btw, after the event, does the server go back to purist mode for all?

Thanks, this sounds like a good plan!

I had an idea to leave the exp boost on up to level 20 so i could cruise through normal mode, as ive done it a million times. But i think 20 might've been too high to go and messed up my plan. Might reroll and go purist.

Btw, after the event, does the server go back to purist mode for all?
You can only play on Hard at level 20, so if your plan is to play Hard, you might or might not need to reroll.

Purist is a mode that each individual player and activate for each of their characters. When activated, whenever you make a game (if you join other people's game it won't work, unless they also activated it), the drop style is set to classic, the xp boost set to 1x, the Drop Anything Rate (DAR) and Rare Drop Rate (RDR) are also set to the standard value. The point of purist mode is for players who want to play in a more vanilla setting -- no Ephinea event boost of any kind. In this case it can help with your experience problem though.

Purist mode for a character can be turned off whenever you want by typing it again, and the next room you make will be normal mode again (if I recall correctly).

How does DAR interact with rare drops from an enemy?

Take a Skyly Dorphon with its 1/1024 drop rate.
Would that just mean since things are more likely to drop that you're more likely to guarantee a roll on that 1/1024, or does it actually influence the RDR as well?

Would that just mean since things are more likely to drop that you're more likely to guarantee a roll on that 1/1024, or does it actually influence the RDR as well?
The number 1/1024 is computed by multiplying DAR and RDR together. You can see both numbers by hovering over the rate on the drop chart, in this case it says 80% DAR and 0.12207% RDR. Suppose you have a 110% DAR boost, compute 0.8 (from the 80% base DAR) multiplied by 1.1 (from the 110% DAR boost), and you get 88% DAR. Similarly, RDR is multiplied by RDR boost, and you just multiply the new DAR and RDR together to get the new drop rate.

If you get more than 125+% DAR boost, you'll get 100+% DAR, which is maxed out -- getting even more DAR boost does not improve the drop rate from that point on.

EDIT: I see the Meli made a post already, I actually wrote all this out more for my own sake than anything else.

Hover your mouse over the drop you're looking for on the chart.

107f5f8fdf.png

DAR (caps at 100%, you will always get a drop of *something* at 100%) and RDR are multiplied together.

So, right now with the event milestone boosts, lame drops for one person without any HBR boosts would be calculated like:

For DAR: 0.80 * 150% = 120% ->100%

100% of the base DAR, + 25% from 250k milestone, + 25% from 2.5m milestone = 150% of original DAR

For RDR: 0.0012207 * 130% = 0.158691%

100% of the base RDR, + 15% from 1.25m milestone, + 15% from 3.5m milestone = 130% of original RDR

multiply them together: 100% * 0.158691% = 0.156691%

As a fraction it's ~ 1/630

The number 1/1024 is computed by multiplying DAR and RDR together. You can see both numbers by hovering over the rate on the drop chart, in this case it says 80% DAR and 0.12207% RDR. Suppose you have a 110% DAR boost, compute 0.8 (from the 80% base DAR) multiplied by 1.1 (from the 110% DAR boost), and you get 88% DAR. Similarly, RDR is multiplied by RDR boost, and you just multiply the new DAR and RDR together to get the new drop rate.

If you get more than 125+% DAR boost, you'll get 100+% DAR, which is maxed out -- getting even more DAR boost does not improve the drop rate from that point on.
I see. I never noticed that's how drop rates were derived. So then DAR really depends on the enemy.

And I guess that'd mean the new RDR for Dorphons under our current RDR (before HBR) would be roughly 1/631, correct?
Those odds are way better than I'd figured.

Sorry for the "double posting", but in lieu of being able to buy one with PDs, what's a simpler way of getting the Honeycomb Reflector. Meseta or bronze badges?

Sorry for the "double posting", but in lieu of being able to buy one with PDs, what's a simpler way of getting the Honeycomb Reflector. Meseta or bronze badges?

It depends on what you mean by "simpler."

In terms of total cost, trading Bronze Badges to the Thief will cost less on average.

In terms of time spent, trading Meseta to Coren on Saturday (1/150 chance of getting Honeycomb Reflector) would be faster on average, assuming you have the necessary funds.

Can i switch characters in and out of slots using the server's character download function?

Like if i have all 4 slots used, but want to put one on the backburner and try a new class.

Can i switch characters in and out of slots using the server's character download function?

Like if i have all 4 slots used, but want to put one on the backburner and try a new class.

If you want to try more characters, you have 32 Slots to use.

It's 8 groups with 4 Slots viewable in each. You can change via the loader (in corner 01-04 scrolls down) or type ingame /cbank 1

Etc

Last edited:
The download function is simply for backups, you can't upload the files for obvious reasons (duping, tampering, etc). They can be imported into any other Teth server, it's just incase worse comes to worst and Ephinea ends up going down.

If you want to try more character, you have 32 Slots to use.

It's 8 groups with 4 Slots viewable in each. You can change via the loader (in corner 01-04 scrolls down) or type ingame /cbank 1

Etc

Ah, i see that now, thanks!

The download function is simply for backups, you can't upload the files for obvious reasons (duping, tampering, etc). They can be imported into any other Teth server, it's just incase worse comes to worst and Ephinea ends up going down.

Got it. I noticed there was once a char transfer option, is that ever coming back or did it just get massively abused or something?

It would be cool to be able to download a character to use in the offline teth client in situations with no internet and reupload them onto ephinea. But i can see that being a major opening for pr cheating or maybe just technically rough to deal with.

Also, as if i havent been playing this enough, i now feel pressure to rush and grind up one of every class while the event is going lol

To at least get them out of normal mode

When it comes to raw damage....what weapons beat charge vulcans? Course lizards just LOL at vulcans so u must melee them but it seems everything else, u can use charge vulcans.

So what weapons have better dps than sacrificial vulcans?
We're talking single target

Last edited:
When it comes to raw damage....what weapons beat charge vulcans? Course lizards just LOL at vulcans so u must melee them but it seems everything else, u can use charge vulcans.

So what weapons have better dps than sacrificial vulcans?
We're talking single target
M&A60 Vise? It's hard to beat sacrificial mechs when HUcast is in play. Of course some monsters aren't going to give you NHS without an FT/paralysis and absurd hit %.

Also, Vjaya is an exclusion to the sacrificial damage thing in the previous post.

Back