Quick question - Quick answer

Everything drops in solo, there are no restrictions, you'd know about them otherwise.

Everything drops in solo, there are no restrictions, you'd know about them otherwise.
This is exactly what I wanted to hear, thank you Matt. I was in the Denial stage of the 5 stages of the Grief cycle. This hunt has been going on for far too long. Now I have some renewed fervor.

Thank you @Ayria for the feedback. Hope to be posting in the Finds thread soon.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear, thank you Matt. I was in the Denial stage of the 5 stages of the Grief cycle. This hunt has been going on for far too long. Now I have some renewed fervor.

Thank you @Ayria for the feedback. Hope to be posting in the Finds thread soon.
It took me a long time too man. You gotta have faith. Total including non-specific hunt, i was probably at about 12k gi gues. Finally got the drop, you just gotta keep trying. Now is the prefect time for it!

http://schtserv.info/PSOTools/maxst...shield=27&unit1=50&unit2=49&unit3=51&unit4=4e

or

http://schtserv.info/PSOTools/maxst...shield=27&unit1=50&unit2=4b&unit3=51&unit4=4e

Need help figuring out which max stat plan I should stick with. One of them uses v502 and no v101 and instead bovn, so I must stick with bovn, while the other uses v101 and no v502, but allows me to use other armors such as thirteen. Which would be the better choice for hunewearl?

I'm leaning on the stat plan that uses bovn, as it allows me to switch between the two armors when need be, only sacrificing mst for the most part if I were to use thirteen later on. Also if I dont find V502 useful later on, it allows me to switch that out with cure/confuse or possibly another adept, although I feel like one adept should be enough as I'm not a fo abusing tp usage.

Last edited:
http://schtserv.info/PSOTools/maxst...shield=27&unit1=50&unit2=49&unit3=51&unit4=4e

or

http://schtserv.info/PSOTools/maxst...shield=27&unit1=50&unit2=4b&unit3=51&unit4=4e

Need help figuring out which max stat plan I should stick with. One of them uses v502 and no v101 and instead bovn, so I must stick with bovn, while the other uses v101 and no v502, but allows me to use other armors such as thirteen. Which would be the better choice for hunewearl?

I'm leaning on the stat plan that uses bovn, as it allows me to switch between the two armors when need be, only sacrificing mst for the most part if I were to use thirteen later on. Also if I dont find V502 useful later on, it allows me to switch that out with cure/confuse or possibly another adept, although I feel like one adept should be enough as I'm not a fo abusing tp usage.
Neither of those plans will work here on Ephinea since Newman material limit is 150, not 200.

@dewdadash since you cant use so many materials.. i would prioritize mst if you like to solo. If you try to max pow ata and def early you will need to resta multiple times to heal up.

But if you multimode the fo can heal you...

Neither of those plans will work here on Ephinea since Newman material limit is 150, not 200.
Damn I was unaware of that, thanks for catching that. I guess then the difference would be to -50 mind mats to readjust the two.

@dewdadash since you cant use so many materials.. i would prioritize mst if you like to solo. If you try to max pow ata and def early you will need to resta multiple times to heal up.

But if you multimode the fo can heal you...
How important is red sword with hit for hunewearl end game? I could sub out v502 for another adept, so 2 adepts with a bovn. Also what do you think about thirteen+DoB? Is that combo good enough to the point to use a v101 instead of the 2nd adept/v502? I haven't used red sword nor thirteen+DoB yet to see how necessary they may be for hune . I would probably be playing a lot of solo mode after event is over.

How important is red sword with hit for hunewearl end game? I could sub out v502 for another adept, so 2 adepts with a bovn. Also what do you think about thirteen+DoB? Is that combo good enough to the point to use a v101 instead of the 2nd adept/v502? I haven't used red sword nor thirteen+DoB yet to see how necessary they may be for hune . I would probably be playing a lot of solo mode after event is over.

Red Sword isn't too good for its special on fleshies. Personally I'd get a a 3084 Flowens for its spirit special if you're using a Huney.

Thirteen + DoB makes just about every other armor pale in comparison. Most people here will advise using Thirteen.

Last edited:
Red Sword isn't too good for its special on fleshies. Personally I'd get a a 3084 Flowens for its spirit special if you're using a Huney.

Thirteen + DoB just makes just about every other armor pale in comparison. Most people here will advise using Thirteen.
Hmm so its that good, better to use than bovn.... interesting, I'll probably then adjust my units and incorporate a v101 instead of thats the case, ty.

Aside from Flowen's 3084 which was suggested, Yunchang is another option. Early on, even a Charge Calibur is good.

Aside from Flowen's 3084 which was suggested, Yunchang is another option. Early on, even a Charge Calibur is good.
I was mostly asking about red sword more so as that was the only thing i could think of V502 is useful with, it's increased chance property doesn't work with charge and I'm unsure about spirit, and not sure what yunchang special is.

Edit: Also would like to say many thanks for the input you guys are providing, appreciate it a lot =)

I was mostly asking about red sword more so as that was the only thing i could think of V502 is useful with, it's increased chance property doesn't work with charge and I'm unsure about spirit, and not sure what yunchang special is.
V502 is very good for Hell weapons, such as Hell J-Cutter, Hell Raygun, and Jizai. It also works for Arrest weapons, such as Arrest Raygun (or Holy Ray) and Arrest J-Cutter, although arrest doesn't work as well as they do on androids. Red Sword has Seize for its special, and the overall success chance is low if you aren't using an android class, not to mention the difficulty of getting the special to hit as a Hunter.

The weapons suggested earlier are all for damage, and none of them are boosted by V502.

v502 on hunewearl is best with hell & arrest jcutters, hell & arrest rayguns, jizai, holy ray (i think?)

red sword is p bad compared to arrest jcutter!

v502 on hunewearl is best with hell & arrest jcutters, hell & arrest rayguns, jizai, holy ray (i think?)

red sword is p bad compared to arrest jcutter!
hmm ok, so then that'd be good for ep2 seabed type of runs, hell special killing in one hit and such. hmm.... I was thinking about going for this:

http://schtserv.info/PSOTools/maxst...shield=27&unit1=49&unit2=4e&unit3=50&unit4=51

but now I'm unsure based off the last two posts... this is tough. Because the only way then to add v502 would be to switch out adept which I could do depending on the situation like an ep2 run(adept being the default go to, and PoSS & Smartlink & v101 are necessities). Previously I had bovn to open up that v502 spot by getting rid of v101, but learning that thirteen is pretty mandatory, I can't do that it seems. I don't know, I was going for a best option, but perhaps this is just more of a preference thing since hune has many options that take away from each other.

edit: could switch out PoSS with v502 also.
Reading this below, I realize PoSS has limited use, still very good just cant use it with tjs and slicers
https://www.phantasystaronline.net/...35-weapons-benefit-from-proof-of-sword-saint/

Last edited:
@dewdadash It looks like you're trying to keep Adept as a staple unit to wear at all times. In my opinion, it's better to plan around not having an Adept equipped at all times so that you can keep more options open for a variety of situations.

With V101 and Smartlink as two of your staple slots, the other slots you may want to have open for different combinations depending on the area or quest you play in.

Examples include:
Adept+V502
V502+POSS
Adept+POSS
Adept+Cure unit
POSS+Cure unit
V502+Cure unit

That being said, I think your best option would be to go along with the following (same as the HUnewearl With V101 Min-Max Build):

http://www.geocities.jp/psobb2007/s...99&mind=23&lck=28&shield=27&unit1=49&unit2=51

@dewdadash It looks like you're trying to keep Adept as a staple unit to wear at all times. In my opinion, it's better to plan around not having an Adept equipped at all times so that you can keep more options open for a variety of situations.

With V101 and Smartlink as two of your staple slots, the other slots you may want to have open for different combinations depending on the area or quest you play in.

Examples include:
Adept+V502
V502+POSS
Adept+POSS
Adept+Cure unit
POSS+Cure unit
V502+Cure unit

That being said, I think your best option would be to go along with the following (same as the HUnewearl With V101 Min-Max Build):

http://www.geocities.jp/psobb2007/s...99&mind=23&lck=28&shield=27&unit1=49&unit2=51
Sounds logical, I'll go with this then unless anyone can enlighten me to use a different mat setup. Thanks again for input.

What's a good order for tackling episodes solo without getting too OP?

Seems like if i did normal through ultimate on ep1, i'd be way too OP for ep. 2, for example.

Do normal on each ep, then hard on each ep, etc?

Seems like if i did normal through ultimate on ep1, i'd be way too OP for ep. 2, for example.

if you get to each episodes respective end boss and he kills you you're still not Op.

At the moment we have a lot of experience boost from the anniversary event. For the time being you probably want to turn off the extra experience using the /purist command. /purist also forces you to use classic drop style, but since you're soloing it won't affect you.

I'm not sure if this will be sufficient to stop gaining xp too quickly. If it does, there's not much choice except to make another character to experience the other episodes.

Another problem may be getting weapon drops that would trivialize early areas in other episodes. In this case, try to do one area at a time, and somewhat cycle through the episodes. For example: Forest->Temple->Caves->Spaceship->Crater(all, any, your choice)->Mines->CCA->Ruins/Seabed/Desert->Tower. This is just an example. Different areas have different quality in weapon drops, there's actually a sequence you could follow which would stop you from getting later weapons too early -- but I didn't actually check if the example I gave follow it well enough or not.

Back