Quick question - Quick answer

What percent does everyone consider acceptable to move from hard to special?

I.e. If you had a 100% to land the second hard attack and a 75% to land a zerk or charge on that same attack, would you go special? What % would be the break point?

What percent does everyone consider acceptable to move from hard to special?

I.e. If you had a 100% to land the second hard attack and a 75% to land a zerk or charge on that same attack, would you go special? What % would be the break point?
I don't know the answer but here are some thoughts:

If going sacrificial second attack means you have a chance to kill it without another combo, it's likely worthwhile. The cost would be if that attack missed, and it costs you more effort to take out the not-as-weakened foe, say you need another mech combo and not just clean up with fast attacks such as guns or techniques.

If an enemy requires two full combos even if you managed to hit a sacrificial second attack, the more reliable Heavy attack would be preferred.

On bosses or enemies with lots of HP, the combo with higher damage expectation is probably preferred since the number of combos you do will reduce variance. You may be able to optimize further with HP reader as its HP goes down.

My own question: is there an easy to access source of enemy stats which is 100% reliable?

I sometimes find myself watching the hp reader to see if demon's activated and how many times. Its really great to actually see how much hp gets reduced.

I'm guessing that was answered somewhere, but I'm a lazy bitch.

What's the drop rate of PD on this server?

This is an impression, but it feels lower than on old Sega servers (the keyword being "feel" here, I'm not assessing anything).

1/1000

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

This is what Soly said when I asked a while back.

If those haven't been modified at all in Ephinea... you can download my ItemPT editor and load an original ItemPT file... I don't expect you to do that... so for PDs and scapes.

-- All values divided by 10000
PDs (all eps)
15 - 20 - 50 - 80

Scapes
Ep1: 50 - 70 - 100 - 150 (300 in ruins)
Ep2/4: 50 - 70 - 135 - 200 (300 last 2 areas, ep2 seabed- towe / ep4 boss)

Keep in mind there are values for each Episode, Difficulty and Section ID... so I really don't expect and extensive reply in the forum...
I guess this would be a good opportunity to code something to export to libreoffice sheets (whatever format that is).

So, if I understand well, ultimate would be 1/(80/10000) so 1/125 (not including DAR I can only imagine). Doesn't that seem a bit high?

Or I'm just not understand the maths here?

So, if I understand well, ultimate would be 1/(80/10000) so 1/125 (not including DAR I can only imagine). Doesn't that seem a bit high?

Or I'm just not understand the maths here?
Probably also need to multiply by the chance to get Tool drops (green boxes), which is 1/6, giving 1/750. And yes the number is assuming 100% DAR, so it'll be less with lower DAR.

Aaah ok, that makes sense now! Thanks! :)

~1/1000 does seem pretty similar to Sega server rate! I guess I've just been really unlucky, is all.

Neither Ob Lily nor Del Lily will suicide after a single Demon's attack. You have to use one Demon's attack and also deal at least 1 damage for them to suicide. The suicide threshold is < 25% HP remaining, and Demon's gets them to 25% HP remaining.

Hence, that N attack you used in the combo with your Demon's weapon was also crucial.

Coins and ma tickets.

125 and 250.

Which is which, I forgot.

I guess I'll add to the pointless addition to the lilies sort-of-silliness.

When the first game was out (PSOv1) I am assuming that the devs wanted to have the lilies suicide when they reach towards a certain HP. Obvious stuff right there. Later when PSOv2 was in development, they wanted to add in Ultimate mode so they felt the need to find a way to "exaggerate" and add more aggressiveness for the new monsters. Besides giving the 1HKO ability to the Ob/Mil Lilies, they thought it would be better to also give a shorter suicidal time. Then progressing towards PSO Ep.1&2 (v3) ... "let's make these Del Lilies just suicide less than a second. We can't find a more-over-the-top nonsense than that."

... then the later games like PSU they thought it would be wonderful to have aftermath damage. Once you "kill" them, you better stand away or otherwise the enemies will explode and damage your character hard.

Back