Quick question - Quick answer

We down for patches/updates right now? Cant connect. Just wanna know if its me or not. :p

Activates: October 24th during maintenance.
Deactivates: November 7th during maintenance.

Noblewine said:
Is tagging allowed or do you frown upon it?

Yeah, using support techniques like Jellen and Zalure are an easy way to tag along chunks of EXP, especially if you have a Syringe. I doubt that many would frown upon that, but some will cry "damage cancel" when you spam those buttons repetitively.

Thanks T. Staying the fuck away from Temple until then so I can take the grind.

CTB said:
All I ever did online Gamecube was go to Temple, check the first room, if I didn't see a special Rappy, I'd leave without fighting, remake game, and try again. If I saw one, I'd bash his face in. I got quite a few Jack-O-Lanterns doing that in relatively short time. BB probably even faster since it loads faster than Gamecube.

Villain said:
Noblewine said:
Is tagging allowed or do you frown upon it?

Yeah, using support techniques like Jellen and Zalure are an easy way to tag along chunks of EXP, especially if you have a Syringe. I doubt that many would frown upon that, but some will cry "damage cancel" when you spam those buttons repetitively.

There's no need to cast both for tagging. Casting zalure is just fine. However you shouldn't really do it if there's already a Fo doing it. Whats the point of seeing bigger numbers on an enemy if you have to deal more damage to it(due to dmc) anyway?

Sodaboy said:
CTB said:
All I ever did online Gamecube was go to Temple, check the first room, if I didn't see a special Rappy, I'd leave without fighting, remake game, and try again. If I saw one, I'd bash his face in. I got quite a few Jack-O-Lanterns doing that in relatively short time. BB probably even faster since it loads faster than Gamecube.

Gamecube also had the piping exploit so idk about that.

Uhm, I'm not talking about the piping exploit (which didn't work online AFAIK), that's why I clearly stated I left the game and remade the game.

Reading comprehension is good.

Holiday Rappies are tied to the Pioneer 2 decorations enabled by the server, so you can't find them offline. The piping trick only works with "regular" rare enemies.

humar jellen/resta spam was god tier trolling on scht with segai merge and df users trying to special

demons and hell can dmc too (and be dmc'd on their own)
anytime you hit an enemy with pretty much anything its gonna dmc to a degree if other people are hitting it.

edit: iirc damage canceling isnt exactly that. it takes whatever the lesser of the damages dealt was? or some such

falkenjeff said:
Wait what? Jellen/Zalure damage cancels?

Second question: how do I even know if I am damage canceling?

you need to know the enemies hp (atleast roughly) and make the math yourself. most people just learn which combo kills which enemy and they know they've been damage cancled once it didn't kill the enemy.

falkenjeff said:
Wait what? Jellen/Zalure damage cancels?

Second question: how do I even know if I am damage canceling?

Not something you should worry about until you've been playing a long time. This knowledge comes with time. Eventually you'll be able to say "this racast is X level with X weapon he can CK this group/enemy without my interference". Worrying too much about it wont do you any good tho just play the game. :p

Ducks said:
edit: iirc damage canceling isnt exactly that. it takes whatever the lesser of the damages dealt was? or some such

no, it doesn't. it cancles both.

what I've noticed from watching a time attack video of row is that, if you deal with a single hit more damage than the enemy has hp, you cant get dmc'ed. even if it's being hit by gifoie or zalure/jellen. in the video im talking about 3 hucasts used vjaya with 4way pb and they were dealing like 3,4k damage with it on bootas, which one shot them. same doesnt seem to apply to dark flow for instance, which hits the target 5 times.

It doesn't cancel both.

The way damage cancel works is that 2 players hit an enemy at the same time and they both send a 60 0C packet saying how much HP the enemy has.

You have player A with a good connection who sends that the enemy has 2000HP, and B with a bad connection saying the enemy has 4000HP. Player B's connection is too slow to receive the 2000HP packet in time, and the 4000HP packet is received by the server later making the server send back a 4000HP packet back to all players.

As the above post says though, you cannot cancel a finishing blow, the enemy will be reported as dead which ignores anymore HP packets.

Matt said:
It doesn't cancel both.

The way damage cancel works is that 2 players hit an enemy at the same time and they both send a 60 0C packet saying how much HP the enemy has.

You have player A with a good connection who sends that the enemy has 2000HP, and B with a bad connection saying the enemy has 4000HP. Player B's connection is too slow to receive the 2000HP packet in time, and the 4000HP packet is received by the server later making the server send back a 4000HP packet back to all players.

As the above post says though, you cannot cancel a finishing blow, the enemy will be reported as dead which ignores anymore HP packets.

This doesn't seem to be the full technical explanation then. There are certain scenarios such as self inflicted dmc or two players attacking a nearly dead opponent. For instance setting off your trap with tjs special (or time trapping in general) can cancel your own damage or say you were dealing HH on a vulmer and know that another H would be the killing blow, but you and your other mate attack it both dealing similar damage and it still doesn't die. DMC isnt some sort of magic, though I have my doubts you have any technical insight on that. Maybe soda?

Edit: Regarding the killing blow, what about hell? there are occasions where you can clearly tell that your hell activated ( by the purple effect) and the enemy doesn't die, because someone else was attacking it.

Never seen Hell not kill because someone else was attacking it, you're gonna have to show me that one. You can see other peoples' Hell supposedly activate, but it didn't roll on the Hell'ers client so it didn't die.

Self-inflicted DMC occurs because of other players in the game. Traps are separate from a singular player sending HP packets, I'm not entirely sure, but a 4P game with full EU players never caused trap DMC on my end, but when I was playing with a US player, trap DMC happened all the time.

What about when the hell special takes damage instead of activating the hell special like it should do? I never see this happen when shooting ranger type weapons, but it usually occurs when using hunter type weapons. I wonder how that computes.

But yeah, I hate when the hell special looks like it activated, but it lags or fails to work, so whatever.

Back