PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

Hello. I am having issues downloading the character reader for Silly Bees.

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/...b-character-reader-addon-for-silly-bees.5597/

I used the link above and followed the instructions. I have the windows up in the client. However, the main reason why i downloaded this was to make use of the item reader and unfortunately, it is not working... when i click on it, it does not respond. I also noticed that the character reader window is not available with the download I did. When i click on "log" this is what it gives me (see image below).

upload_2020-2-23_19-44-51.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-23_19-44-37.png
    upload_2020-2-23_19-44-37.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
Hello. I am having issues downloading the character reader for Silly Bees.

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/...b-character-reader-addon-for-silly-bees.5597/

I used the link above and followed the instructions. I have the windows up in the client. However, the main reason why i downloaded this was to make use of the item reader and unfortunately, it is not working... when i click on it, it does not respond. I also noticed that the character reader window is not available with the download I did. When i click on "log" this is what it gives me (see image below).

View attachment 12881

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Given that the Item reader and Timer addons failed, it seems you don't have the latest version of the new DLL we updated in my repository, you can find it here https://github.com/Solybum/psobbaddonplugin/releases/latest

Hiya!
I introduced the add-on to a new PC, but it doesn't seem to work well in a Japanese environment.
( Introduced following add-ons. )

Item Reader and Monster Reader get the error as shown in the image.
View attachment 12879

Player Reader displays Japanese character well.
How can I solve this error?

Thanks!:)
I'll look into it

@Gori I just tried and the inventory as well as the monsters are read ok.
Since I don't know what items you have, can you tell me which quest/area made the monster reader crash? (That one will be easier to test).

@Soly I just did. So the item reader still isn't doing anything for me. When I click on it, is something supposed to come up because it is not responding. Are there any files i am missing? See print screens below.

upload_2020-2-23_20-16-41.png
upload_2020-2-23_20-18-15.png
upload_2020-2-23_20-18-32.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-23_20-17-30.png
    upload_2020-2-23_20-17-30.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2020-2-23_20-18-8.png
    upload_2020-2-23_20-18-8.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 3
@Soly I just did. So the item reader still isn't doing anything for me. When I click on it, is something supposed to come up because it is not responding. Are there any files i am missing? See print screens below.

View attachment 12883
View attachment 12886
View attachment 12887
Looks like you still didn't get the updated dinput8.dll. Did you extract the contents while your game was still running? Because you have the Settings Editor and the fonts directory, which are indeed from new release Soly linked, but the "set_language" and "get_tick_count" fields are missing from the pso table which means the DLL isn't providing them. They are in the dinput8.dll from Soly's link.

@Ender Ah, that was it. I forgot to update the dinput8.dll file as well, thank you. Now my last thing. How do I set a window to have it display the items in your current room and/or floor, that are on the ground?

@Soly
Thanks for the quickly response!

Item Reader crashes as soon as I enter the lobby.
Any character, any item crashes as well, so it doesn't seem to be due to a specific item.
Monster Reader is crashing as soon as I enter Pioneer2.
( Works fine if the client is English. )

Attachments

• pso132269930728828668.png
    pso132269930728828668.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
@Soly
Thank you very much for the really quick fix!
It works well in Japanese environment now!

Hi all,

(First post, be gentle!)

I've hacked together perhaps the worlds most useless plugin -- an FPS counter: https://github.com/gatesphere/PSOBB_FPS_Counter_Addon

It shows three FPS metrics (instantaneous, average 1s, average 10s), and has the option of displaying them as historical graphs with the past minute's data.

It looks like this (configured to show instantaneous and 1s averages, graphs enabled):

It's probably useless to most people, since we're living in 2020, and PSOBB is framecapped to 30FPS... but it actually helped me figure out what was causing some of my stuttering on my laptop, so perhaps someone else could find it useful too :)

Hi all,

(First post, be gentle!)

I've hacked together perhaps the worlds most useless plugin -- an FPS counter: https://github.com/gatesphere/PSOBB_FPS_Counter_Addon

It shows three FPS metrics (instantaneous, average 1s, average 10s), and has the option of displaying them as historical graphs with the past minute's data.

It looks like this (configured to show instantaneous and 1s averages, graphs enabled):

It's probably useless to most people, since we're living in 2020, and PSOBB is framecapped to 30FPS... but it actually helped me figure out what was causing some of my stuttering on my laptop, so perhaps someone else could find it useful too :)

I have tried using addon since it was released in version 1.0, and I suppose that if someone wanted to use this for kicks, it can use some standard configuration settings. Some examples that come to mind are the resize window option with the grey slit at the bottom right corner to manually resize the window, do not move option (I'm not really keen on that option in my opinion), a transparent window option, and some option to set the X & Y coordinate while having the position setting like Top Right, or Left.

For a similar addon that has these configuration settings in mind, please have a look at how one sets up the one of the windows in the Item Reader addon by Soly via its configuration settings in-game. Oh, and is there a way to keep the addon disabled after checking the Enable option off after pressing Reload like the other addons?

I have tried using addon since it was released in version 1.0, and I suppose that if someone wanted to use this for kicks, it can use some standard configuration settings. Some examples that come to mind are the resize window option with the grey slit at the bottom right corner to manually resize the window, do not move option (I'm not really keen on that option in my opinion), a transparent window option, and some option to set the X & Y coordinate while having the position setting like Top Right, or Left.

For a similar addon that has these configuration settings in mind, please have a look at how one sets up the one of the windows in the Item Reader addon by Soly via its configuration settings in-game. Oh, and is there a way to keep the addon disabled after checking the Enable option off after pressing Reload like the other addons?

Thanks for the feedback! The features it has now are all the ones I wanted to add -- I did model it on Soly's addons, but I didn't think something silly like this would need excessive configuration options. If I get some time, I'll poke at the other options you mentioned. The options available now are the ones that fit my use case -- I understand that's not everyone's case :)

I did just upload 1.2 -- it was a bug-fix. The 'enabled' status was working as intended, but the configuration menu was being forced open on every load because I forgot to remove a debugging line. Sorry about that!

@Soly i've been using your bbmod fork, with no problems until now - i tried using menus today, and it looks like the auto-balancing stacks feature is breaking them. i'm getting exactly the same error message, and it crashes the game, just like before with popups. it's only imgui.BeginMenu/imgui.EndMenu; MainMenuBar, MenuBar, and MenuItem all seem to work fine. i tested this with a very simple menu - the same code works fine in the old version of bbmod, and it also works if i comment out the stack balancing lines in psointernal/init.lua like you suggested before.

Attachments

• 2020-03-17 soly bbmod menubar crash.png
    2020-03-17 soly bbmod menubar crash.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 14
@Soly FYI, the fix is the same as before, but I went ahead and submitted a pull request. I looked up some sample code and tested the changes so hopefully this will save you a bit of time.

New stupid-simple utility plugin: system clock display. https://github.com/gatesphere/PSOBB_Clock_Addon

I usually play in full screen, and wanted a way to display the system time. This allows you to display the system time in 12/24 hour format, with or without seconds visible. It also optionally calculates and displays the current Internet time (.beats), since that's such a PSO-ism.

Hi just a quick question. Has the button to show and hide the Addon Menu changed? The `¬ key doesnt seem to work anymore for me.

Back