PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

Discussion in 'Tools' started by Eidolon, Dec 11, 2016.

1. DesertWolf93

DesertWolf93 Member

Guildcard:
    After searching for why Alt+Tab would cause me to crash while waiting for a reply, I found out that classic fullscreen was my problem and switched to HD HD Hud. That was the magic fix I was wondering about. I never would've thought that to be the issue. Now to conquer Linux!

2. NeonLuna

NeonLuna amazing

Guildcard:
  3. DesertWolf93

DesertWolf93 Member

Guildcard:
    Dude, you're a legend. That is probably the one and only post about it on the internet. It fixed my problem immediately. Thank you so much!

NeonLuna likes this.
  4. CageyRabbit

CageyRabbit Member

Guildcard:
    That's the same post I used to get it running in WINE as well. Between that and the changes that Soly made recently it runs great in Linux now.

5. e_bolavirus

e_bolavirus Member

Guildcard:
    I'm trying to determine how to color code a tech drop in the floor window to stand out if its a higher level than what i currently have learned, without going into the .lua after each playthrough and updating the table manually. Is there a way to reference what level the tech is with the maximum level i have learned any apply a color variant if true?

6. Soly

Soly Member

Well... it is as "easy" as you described it... grab the player data and get the tech levels from it...
    You can see how some player stats are read here https://github.com/Solybum/PSOBBMod-Addons/blob/master/solylib/characters.lua#L81

You'd have to add a new function (hopefully taking the tech id as parameter) and then returning the level...
    Ofc you'd need the address of the tech level data...

I'll look into this in the next few days.

7. brionac

brionac Legendary Partisan

For anybody that's using the Monster Reader addon, I like to offer a slightly different color of text for Zalure, which is currently a dark blue color that is hard to see in some areas like Gal Gryphon's Lair.

I haven't tested this new color, Lime Green, in every case yet, but I like to show you what it looks like in this attached image.

pso132266401454445817.png

Great, so how do you insert this modification for yourself? Well, with Ctrl + F and some help with the below code, you'll have it too. I have the file's location listed within the Ephinea folder's path, so find that folder first to reach for the init.lua file. There's two places where the modification needs to occur, so I listed them in the code below.

As you can see in the image, I'm targeting a Booma that has Lv 5 Zalure on it. The top window has one instance of that new color of text being shown, and the list of monsters on the left is the other location where you see the same thing. So this will be easy to view once you read the code where the modifications need to be made to see what I see here. After you edited and saved the file, press Reload in the Main Menu for your addons to see the new color load correctly.

Code:
    EphineaPSO\addons\Monster Reader\init.lua

local function PresentMonsters()
    -- Get how many columns we'll need
    lib_helpers.TextC(false, 0xFF00FF00, defTech.name .. defTech.level .. string.rep(" ", 2 - #tostring(defTech.level)) .. " ")

local function PresentTargetMonster(monster)
    -- Show J/Z status and Frozen, Confuse, or Paralyzed status
    lib_helpers.TextC(false, 0xFF00FF00, defTech.name .. defTech.level .. string.rep(" ", 2 - #tostring(defTech.level)) .. " ")

The Zalure color was taken from https://convertingcolors.com/android-color-4278255360.html?search=0xFF00FF00

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020 at 9:29 PM
  8. Soly

Soly Member

If you have github, feel free to make a PR with the change
    If the other color was hard to read, then I don't see a reason to not change it.

9. e_bolavirus

e_bolavirus Member

Guildcard:
    ui.png
    I edited my monster reader lua to calculate the optimal techs to use as a force based solely on the enemies resistance. Also added an inventory counter to be displayed on the AIO frame. I need to determine how to calculate better tech usage based on enemy resistance AND current player tech level. Maybe a damage calculation that i can use to compare?

An issue i noticed last night though, every encounter with De Rol Le would break my monster reader completely. I forgot to check to log to see what was causing it so i'll have to go back in. I'm not sure if its because of something I may have done or if its a known issue.

Edit: Solution was found to the De Rol Le issue, i needed to add additional lines to the function CopyMonster. In my arguements to determine what resistance is lowest, it was breaking on De Rol Le because the head was being copied for HP purposes but no additional stats, so when i was checking if Efr <= Eic for example, it was returnin a nil value for both.

Curious, whenever i reload the addon while in-game, my monster reader windows reset to the default position. Is there a way to save where i manually resize and move them to?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020 at 12:25 PM
  10. Dude

Dude Member

Guildcard:

any place I can download your monster reader thingy with the spell weaknesses? Looks super useful