PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

I see.
Well, I don't really know what it could be.

What happens if you disable the custom theme from the item reader and then do whatever you do to crash it?
That way the game should not crash and lua would be able to log the error in the log addon.

Ok, this is what I did:

• Disable custom theme in item reader.
  • Alt+bs with bank reader up, No error message, just the AID vanishes.
  • Log in, main hub and other addons (without theme editor buttons to enable) randomly shows orange unlike before (orange is my theme, wish I could set them like this actually).
  • Press reload to get bank reader up, it's got the custom theme up again though I did not enable.
  • Alt+bs, same error I posted in above post.
  • Reload client, everything back to normal.
This is the log that showed up:
qSVWmKJ.png

You do not have the latest version of the item reader.

Also, with main hub you mean the main menu flashing some custom color?

You do not have the latest version of the item reader.

Also, with main hub you mean the main menu flashing some custom color?

Ahh, Well I'll download and see if it happens again or not.

By colour change on main hub I meant this:

bel1Wrl.png

zmjO0ZN.png

Hmm.. weird that it comes back to the themed thing...

I'll see if I can make something to have the theme in the DLL instead of doing what I am doing (besides being a waste of cpu) it causes game crashes when something fails.

Having the theme in the DLL would propagate it to all windows too

Last edited:
Ok, I think for theming this will be way better
12Fef9R.jpg

As you can see, my Item reader has the custom theme disabled yet it shows the custom theme colors, but also the main menu has the theme.
The theme is loaded upon imgui initialization (which means if you change the theme file and hit reload, it will change).

I'll run this through Eidolon and see what he thinks, idk if he will think of a different way of doing it but either way it would solve all the problems related to menu theming as well as crashes because of the custom theme stuff I did before.

Last edited:
I changed some compatibility DPI options to fix blurry text but it seems to have squashed the add-on menus like in the picture. Not sure how to fix it since the text scaling seems to only affect the menus they refer to (like the Item Reader in the top left is fine, but the options for it are squashed.)

Attachments

• pso131501674821684838.jpg
    pso131501674821684838.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
Well.. running in 4K, yeah....

As I shown before, a way to use theme directly from the DLL which affects all addons including the menu.
I have just added global font scale to that, so it affects the menu too.

Here an example:
1PruEw0.jpg

I'll upload a temporary DLL in a bit

Ok, if you want to mess around with this, download this DLL and replace the one in your game folder.
dinput8.7z (download and extract in your game folder)

You will also need this file in your addons folder (beside imgui.ini)
theme.default.ini (right click and save as, rename to theme.ini)

Keep in mind this is NOT official yet, so it might change or be removed completely, we'll have to wait until Eidolon can review the PR.

If this whole thing gets added to the DLL, the theme editor and custom themes in all my addons will be obsolete, because of that my theme editor addon has been modified to have a export function so you can port your custom theme to this new ini file.

Depending on what happens, in the near future my theme editor as well as the related code in all addons might be removed.

Last edited:
Ok, if you want to mess around with this, download this DLL and replace the one in your game folder.
dinput8.7z (download and extract in your game folder)

You will also need this file in your addons folder (beside imgui.ini)
theme.default.ini (right click and save as, rename to theme.ini)

Keep in mind this is NOT official yet, so it might change or be removed completely, we'll have to wait until Eidolon can review the PR.

I'll be modifying my theme addon to export your custom theme into something this new theme format can use (if you were using my theme editor), since if this becomes a thing, the theme editor and custom themes in all my addons will be obsolete.

Thank you Soly! I will give it a shot when I play again tomorrow night.

Worked exactly as intended so far, will let ya know if anything weird happens. Thank you for supporting PSO at way too high of a resolution :)

edit: i see it becomes the new base that other font scale adjustments multiply from. I had everything set at 3, then changed the global to 3, came back to gigantic fonts haha

Last edited:
Worked exactly as intended so far, will let ya know if anything weird happens. Thank you for supporting PSO at way too high of a resolution :)

edit: i see it becomes the new base that other font scale adjustments multiply from. I had everything set at 3, then changed the global to 3, came back to gigantic fonts haha
Yeah, that font value as the name implies, global scale (I tried 5.0 at first to take a picture but was insane, 3.0 is more than enough).
But as I said, if this new way of using themes gets adopted by Eidolon, I'd remove the theme related stuff in my addons and probably the font scale too.

After playing more tonight this is the only problem I've found. Enemy life bars get cut off. If I lower the scale, more of the number gets revealed.

Attachments

• pso131503431229643299.jpg
    pso131503431229643299.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
Hmm... the problem might be that I am using a hardcoded value in this line.
I'll check it out soon, you can try adjusting said value by whatever font scale you have in the theme file.

Tried using the latest version of the drop checker, but I get this error:
6c90ff3811.jpg

I think I'm using the latest version of the ModUI, or whatever the latest is provided in the original post of this thread.

You'll need the latest items_list.lua from the solylib folder by downloading again. I made a typo in the latest one which is throwing out errors.

Is there a way to make the floor item reader not reveal what a rare red box drop is? :eek: I prefer being surprised after tekking but that's just the nitpicky part of me. xD

I could probably add that... but then there wouldn't be much reason to use it.

You can edit your items_list.lua and set to false the items you want to not appear in the list when they are on the floor.

Download ''notepad++'', go into Solylib > item_list.lua (something like that). And open it with notepad++. It will have listed all the items in the game for your readers, their game code etc. Change the names manually of all Rare items to SPECIAL WEAPON / ITEM etc. Would take sometime though. The list is pretty big. Or set to false, damn Soly ninja.
That won't work... the names there are for reference. (if you use notepad++, you will see them in green which usually means a comment and not actual code)
In the addons, names are read from the game memory.

That won't work... the names there are for reference. (if you use notepad++, you will see them in green which usually means a comment and not actual code)
In the addons, names are read from the game memory.

I see, I thought I did that one somethings but must have been the colour change only. Well I am glad he didn't go spend 3 hours doing it before you said that. I would feel awful lmao. deleted post.

Back