PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

All other servers I played on (including the official Sega server), the ID of the room was based on the ID of the leader.
Yeah, in Ultima is the same way since it's based on Tethealla but as Ives said, the client does not show that behaviour.
I can't talk about Sega's since I never played in those...

I so feel like I should have STFU and now this is gonna get patched (room ID = leader) when I really DON'T want it too! XD

You can probably lie to the client to say that the new leader has a false ID, which in turn would prevent the Tekker from changing, but Soly tested the Tekker without doing anything like that, and the Tekker changed to reflect the new leader, as expected.

Supposedly Sega BB kept the same ID across leadership changes, but it's anybody's guess as to whether that was intentional or just Sega's trademark laziness/incompetence at work. In most things, making the server match the client's behaviour is the correct course of action, and I've never seen any definitive proof that Sega kept the creator's ID permanently. Many ignorant players see things on private servers and just assume that it's how things were done on Sega, too.

Supposedly Sega BB kept the same ID across leadership changes, but it's anybody's guess as to whether that was intentional or just Sega's trademark laziness/incompetence at work. In most things, making the server match the client's behaviour is the correct course of action, and I've never seen any definitive proof that Sega kept the creator's ID permanently. Many ignorant players see things on private servers and just assume that it's how things were done on Sega, too.

I'm 99% sure the room ID was changing with the leader on Sega server. And I played more on Sega server than I played on any other private server...

It would make sense if that's true, considering Sega didn't change the client in that regard, and Sega would probably have coded its server to match the client as closely as possible.

It has never automatically scrolled (afaik, I have never coded that).
That's why there is the option to put new items on top.
There was some addon, I think the drop checker, that did some auto scroll stuff and it was kinda wonky, at least for me.
So I didn't wan't do add anything like that, since people seem to want that, I'll look into it maybe later today.

Since you said you were looking into it @Esc's chatlog automatically scrolls down when people talk.

Whoa, I missed a lot of discussion yesterday.

If the original game creator has left the game before your client connects sadly this bug still occurs.

Might be hard to address since I believe room IDs weren't intended to persist? Not many of us have an army of sec ID alts though so probably doesn't crop up in most usage.
I suspect there has to be a memory address that contains information about the room ID, so long as /partyinfo always returns the room ID. I'll try to look into this further, but it's kind of a difficult thing for me to test.

Whoa, I missed a lot of discussion yesterday.

I suspect there has to be a memory address that contains information about the room ID, so long as /partyinfo always returns the room ID. I'll try to look into this further, but it's kind of a difficult thing for me to test.
Check if this address works for you
00A9C4D8

Check if this address works for you
00A9C4D8
I was actually originally using that memory address. I changed it to 00A962BC because it looked like it was going to fix the problem, but it seems as though both memory addresses switch to the party leader's section ID the moment that the player warps down to Ragol for the first time. I had a third memory address I could try (00A8E4E0), but it works the same as the other two, so I haven't had any luck finding a usable address.

It does seem like the room ID gets transmitted to the client when the player joins the game. It gets overwritten by the party leader's ID the first time the player goes down to Ragol. I'm going to do some more testing, but it currently seems like I should be able to come up with a workaround at least.

It does seem like the room ID gets transmitted to the client when the player joins the game. It gets overwritten by the party leader's ID the first time the player goes down to Ragol.
Ahhh... I just tried to join a room and leave with the leader to see if it changed.
That address I said is the one used by the function that processes the lobby information...
I guess I could try to see what else uses it and maybe can figure something out... oh well... maybe the section ID changed should be fixed :rolleyes:

@Lileya, @Ayria
The latest version of the Kill Counter now has a workaround that will lock the section ID so that it doesn't change throughout the session. In all my testing so far, the room ID gets sent to the client when the player joins the game so the section ID should match the room ID whether or not the original party leader left before you joined the party. Be aware, if you ever use the Reload button while in a room, the Kill Counter addon will forget what the original room ID was and will start counting kills using the current party leader's ID instead.

Some of my addons have had some updates

Thanks to @Esc for the monster status (frozen, confused or paralyzed)
I have added monster IDs (as Hex) but that stuff is mostly for server developers.
Disabled input for Monster HP window when it's transparent and has no title bar.

Item Reader can show items of other people (in private lobbies), in public lobbies the server doesn't send the items (Ultima and Ephinea, I don't know other servers), this is mostly to pass as some sort of mod tool, not intended to cause any kind of drama so calm your tits...

That's some really nice Addon, I like it. Thank you very much. I have one question tho: The UI resets every start up of the game. Is there a way to save it? Thank you in advance.

That's some really nice Addon, I like it. Thank you very much. I have one question tho: The UI resets every start up of the game. Is there a way to save it? Thank you in advance.
Some addons have position settings for the windows in their configuration which can override your placement if you moved the window by dragging it. Press ` to open the main addon menu, then select the addon you want to configure, Item Reader, for example. The anchor drop down has preset settings, or you can set your own position by editing the X and Y values. You can also set the height and width of the window here.
Capture.PNG

If the addon doesn't have such settings, wherever you drag the window should be remembered.

As @Seth said, my addons have position settings which override dragging (on startup and whenever the settings change), I did this because I also added anchoring and it lets me position the window exactly where I want it.

If you think you would rather not use that, then I can add an option to turn off these settings.
And while doing that, whenever the position and anchor settings are enabled, I'll disable window dragging.

Hi, I made an addon that displays your HBR score. It basically just reads the banner text so you have to update it manually by typing /hbr in chat.

https://github.com/jtuu/hbrscoreviewer

WX1CxyS.png

Back