PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

I just finished some major changes to the Kill Counter addon. I haven't finished documenting everything yet, but you can look at the screenshots on the GitHub project page to get an idea of what's changed.

@ChiveyX, be sure to check it out. The addon is now collecting session data, and can show you how much meseta and exp you are earning over time. This work is barely more than a proof of concept, and I haven't yet put much thought into the user interface. So please provide suggestions if you'd like to see a change.

Last edited:
For those interested, I will bring back the "dedicated" mag and floor items window, but as I said a while ago, in their own addons.
Stay tuned...

Ok, Mags addon added back.
You need to rename solylib/items/items_config.lua to solylib/items/items_list.lua, after you rename it, you can use it to overwrite the same file in the latest download.
This file is the one with the item colors as well as if they should be ignored in the character reader.

solylib/items/items_configuration.lua will hold all the colors stuff found in the configuration of the character reader, however it only affects the Mags addon for the time being.

So be sure to keep a copy of those files safe otherwise you would have to remake your color changes.

@Soly a thing about the Monster HP addon:

Sometimes when i play temple some spawns triggers in rooms I haven't entered (not sure why) and when I enter another room and trigger another spawn the mobs are added to the bottom of the windows, so the one spawned first are always on top of the windows and kinda "blocks" the new hp bars, I think it would be nice to have an option to reverse the order like the one with the floor drop checker, as this can also happens when you chose chose to ignore some mobs and enter other rooms.

Some screenshot to ilustrate my point

2 rappy + 1 Assasin spawned somewhere else and they are always on top of the list
PsoBB 2017-06-05 01-01-12.png

PsoBB 2017-06-05 01-02-14.png

Isn't that because of the internal ID numbers of the enemies in the quest file? I just assume it lists the enemies in order as they are in the quest file (which is not by spawn order).

Isn't that because of the internal ID numbers of the enemies in the quest file? I just assume it lists the enemies in order as they are in the quest file (which is not by spawn order).
No, it reads a pointer array not related to the "quest" data.
This array is populated as monsters appear.

I just finished some major changes to the Kill Counter addon. I haven't finished documenting everything yet, but you can look at the screenshots on the GitHub project page to get an idea of what's changed.

@ChiveyX, be sure to check it out. The addon is now collecting session data, and can show you how much meseta and exp you are earning over time. This work is barely more than a proof of concept, and I haven't yet put much thought into the user interface. So please provide suggestions if you'd like to see a change.
You even remembered my name! Thanks for tagging me, I'll definitely try it out.

@Soly a thing about the Monster HP addon:

Sometimes when i play temple some spawns triggers in rooms I haven't entered (not sure why) and when I enter another room and trigger another spawn the mobs are added to the bottom of the windows, so the one spawned first are always on top of the windows and kinda "blocks" the new hp bars, I think it would be nice to have an option to reverse the order like the one with the floor drop checker, as this can also happens when you chose chose to ignore some mobs and enter other rooms.
Added the option

Also floor items window is back.

Ty @Soly !!
Still when I set to "true" the reverse option it won't always work
¯\_ツ_/¯
Not much I can do, that's just how the game loads the monsters, it seems sometimes it will just swap some pointers or move everything up the list and add them at the end.

@Lorick, have you tried modifying the maxDistance setting in monsters.lua to a value in the recommended 750-1000 range? It may help a bit.

Last edited:
o_O I wasn't aware that was such an option, i guess i gonna try it.
Thanks @staphen
Let me know how that works for you. I just tested a theory I had, and it seems like it's possible to determine whether the player is in the same room as a monster. Therefore, it should also be possible to use that information to adjust the visibility of the monsters for the Monster HP addon as well.

Let me know how that works for you. I just tested a theory I had, and it seems like it's possible to determine whether the player is in the same room as a monster. Therefore, it should also be possible to use that information to adjust the visibility of the monsters for the Monster HP addon as well.

So far i set it to 600 and while I still see some spawns that aren't on the room i'm in, if I move enough they stop displaying, so is a lot better now.

So far i set it to 600 and while I still see some spawns that aren't on the room i'm in, if I move enough they stop displaying, so is a lot better now.
Good. As an experiment, I added some code to hide monsters that aren't in the same room that I'm in. I wasn't sure whether I'd miss the fact that I couldn't see monsters in the room ahead of me, but it turns out that I hardly noticed a difference. It was also nice to know that if I saw a monster on the overlay, then it was definitely relevant to the current fight. Since it shouldn't hurt to add it as an option, I guess I'll submit a pull request tonight and see what @Soly thinks.

Thanks to @staphen for the new option's code.
It can be used by downloading the latest version of the monster reader.

How did you fix XP's wstr reading, are you going to PR that into Eidolon's repo or was is PR'd and not rebuilt yet? (Someone asked me about it, and I am assuming they tried the latest dll from Eidolon first)

Version v0.3.4 is now available. Please visit the GitHub Releases page to download it.

This includes staphen's WinXP and stacktrace bugfixes. It also fixes the Recon bug in Seabed. For this reason it is highly recommended to update as soon as possible (including the core addons).

Back