PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

I had been wondering why the Recons weren't doing anything in my games. Never suspected it was the plugin.

How are we supossed to read the [X/X | Y/Y] again? the first is the max or the current?

also if the second is the max how come my the 002 Guardian Armor have 3/10 ?

Character Reader.png

How are we supossed to read the [X/X | Y/Y] again? the first is the max or the current?

also if the second is the max how come my the 002 Guardian Armor have 3/10 ?

View attachment 4038
[dfp/dfpMax | evp/evpMax]

I've noticed that the max values are not always 100% accurate, but it seems to only affect specific armor types. The Imperial Armor in your screenshot is an example of that.

[dfp/dfpMax | evp/evpMax]

I've noticed that the max values are not always 100% accurate, but it seems to only affect specific armor types. The Imperial Armor in your screenshot is an example of that.
Lol, I knew I shouldn't have done that....

I found that the max stats are stored in the item data (right after each current stat) but I was telling someone that I really shouldn't rely on that because I don't know how correct that is and if it's correct all the time, I'll go back to reading the PMT data.

It actually seems to be an error in the PMT library.
Oh well... I'm checking that right now.

It was an error in the PMT library, it's already fixed.

Last edited:
Inspired by @staphen addon, I'll change the character reader to "Item Reader" and it will have multiple windows.
AIO (basically what the character reader is atm), Inventory, Bank, Floor and Mags.

All of them will share the code used to display items so if there is a bug or a change in how the items are displayed, it will propagate through all windows.

Edit:
Here is it almost complete, need to re-implement the save to file function and I want to add some configuration like staphen did, mostly to accurately position windows, maybe do some anchoring too.
5rCmL4D.jpg

Last edited:
And the Item Reader is now live.

People using the Floor items, Mags and Character reader addon, please download the latest version and use the item reader which has all these windows in the same addon with configuration (accessible on the first time running the addon or by using the Item Reader button in the main menu).

Please report any errors and if you have any suggestion/request don't hesitate to contact me.

and if you have any suggestion/request don't hesitate to contact me.

I do!

You made an enemy hp reader, right? (I'm lazy and haven't downloaded the new version).

Is there a way you can modify that code slightly and make an "enemies killed tracker"?

Purpose: a lot of quests (or paths) have unkillable enemies, so just ripping the total enemy counts from the quest files doesn't work. Press button on plugin to reset the kill tracker, play through a section of the quest.

Code:
Boota: 3
Astark: 2
Zu: 3

Write these values down (or extract to clipboard/file), hit the button on the plugin to reset the tracker, and then kill more enemies. This would also allow people to easily make guides that actually list the enemies on a per room basis (by writing down the values and resetting it every room).

Potential bugs: tracking rappies (they don't always die).

I might do it myself but I have a fulltime job, so if I do it'll be months (maybe a year) from now.

I do!

You made an enemy hp reader, right? (I'm lazy and haven't downloaded the new version).

Is there a way you can modify that code slightly and make an "enemies killed tracker"?

Purpose: a lot of quests (or paths) have unkillable enemies, so just ripping the total enemy counts from the quest files doesn't work. Press button on plugin to reset the kill tracker, play through a section of the quest.

Code:
Boota: 3
Astark: 2
Zu: 3

Write these values down (or extract to clipboard/file), hit the button on the plugin to reset the tracker, and then kill more enemies. This would also allow people to easily make guides that actually list the enemies on a per room basis (by writing down the values and resetting it every room).

Potential bugs: tracking rappies (they don't always die).

I might do it myself but I have a fulltime job, so if I do it'll be months (maybe a year) from now.

There is already an enemy kiler tracker made by @staphen here

Yes staphen already did that and I mean't suggestions for the Item Reader collection

Please report any errors and if you have any suggestion/request don't hesitate to contact me.

Well, I guess I can ask about this publicly since I only talked about it in Ade's streams. I noticed the party reader is added on so that's cool. Sorry, Player Reader.

I don't mind the whole "yes" or "no" answer by the way.
Is it possible to be able to read other player's TP bar? ("you look like you need some trifuilds?")
Is it possible to read other's PB bar? (helps the team plan ahead and also remind others not to do accidental PB)
Is it possible to read other's status effects? (Pointless addition really, BUT could a timer be thrown in?)
Is it possible to read not only the Shifta/Deband, but a timer added in? ("10 secs left until I'll have to refresh S/D.")
Even more pointless addition, level of the S/D? Well, I'd figured that's too much to ask because from my perspective, it'll be too time consuming to finally be able to tell what's the difference between a 2.3 PB action vs 3.1 PB. (".3" is donated 3 times while ".1" is donated 1 time.)

I'm sorry if this was answered before, I'd figured that I get this out before I forget about these ideas.

Last edited:
Well, I guess I can ask about this publicly since I only talked about it in Ade's streams. I noticed the party reader is added on so that's cool. Sorry, Player Reader.

Is it possible to be able to read other player's TP bar? ("you look like you need some trifuilds?")
Is it possible to read other's PB bar? (helps the team plan ahead and also remind others not to do accidental PB)
Is it possible to read other's status effects? (Pointless addition really, BUT could a timer be thrown in?)
Is it possible to read not only the Shifta/Deband, but a timer added in? ("10 secs left until I'll have to refresh S/D.")
Even more pointless addition, level of the S/D? Well, I'd figured that's too much to ask because from my perspective, it'll be too time consuming to finally be able to tell what's the difference between a 2.3 PB action vs 3.1 PB. (".3" is donated 3 times while ".1" is donated 1 time.)

I'm sorry if this was answered before, I'd figured that I get this out before I forget about these ideas.
1,2: assuming PSO stores information on the client side of every other client, it would be possible. I think people had readers in the past which could read other player's inventories so there's a good chance that it stores the other information as well.
3: PSO already shows you status effects on other people. A timer could probably be thrown in but seems kinda pointless imo.
4: While I haven't made anything with Lua specfically, there are S/D timers that you can read (at least for your own character). Turns out it's based on frames as everyone suspected and not actual time. ie: S/D level 30 lasts for 9900 frames (which works out to 5.5 minutes) However, mag S/D is based on IQ of mags, not only how many are donating or chaining. I forget if only the mag which started the chain is considered, or if everyone mag is factored in.

TP: Yes
PB: No (only if it's ready)
Status Effects: Yes, no idea about timer, probably, but as you said, pointless.
S/D: Yes, would be pointless to not read the time ¯\_ツ_/¯... the timer is there anyway, no need to "estimate" how much is left of it, but desync can happen. Level too.

But I am not working yet in the player reader.

For the exp bar addon... Is it possible to change the white part of the exp bar to a different color? I just want to make it darker.

Exp Bar.JPG

For the exp bar addon... Is it possible to change the white part of the exp bar to a different color? I just want to make it darker.

View attachment 4052
Probably, pushing a certain color before calling the thing.
I'll look it up.

Why is it white? For me is grey... :eek:
What changes have you done to it?

This does seem to be entering the realm of "not legal" though. idk lol

;)
Really what is illegal is cheating.
But I don't really want to get into such discussion, personally I don't like the idea of knowing everything about other players but I just like to code. ¯\_ツ_/¯

Last edited:
That works, thanks! <3
ZQWRjVn.png
Just to let you know, I have integrated this stuff in the Item Reader options.
So you don't have to keep doing it yourself when the addons are updated.
d1CiZs1.jpg

For those interested, the Item Reader currently is using the theme library.
So you can do your opacity changes there (at least for my addons).

As always, any errors or suggestions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Just to let you know, I have integrated this stuff in the Item Reader options.
So you don't have to keep doing it yourself when the addons are updated.
d1CiZs1.jpg

For those interested, the Item Reader currently is using the theme library.
So you can do your opacity changes there (at least for my addons).

As always, any errors or suggestions, don't hesitate to contact me.

i'm getting this error whenever i try to open PSOBB with the new Item reader, if i move the folder to other location it runs fine

upload_2017-6-12_9-20-53.png

Back