PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

Yup. PSO PC polls the processor correctly even on a single core non HT processor.

To be honest I don't really know how to improve that situation.

One thing that I really don't know if it helps but is talked about every now and then is how CPU (core) whore the game is.
Long ago I added to my launcher an option to modify the an Sleep call parameter which reduces the CPU usage quite a bit.

In my CPU (FX-8320) reduces from 15~ to 1.7~ on the start screen.

I didn't find this to affect any timed things like mag feeding (at least significantly) but I don't really experience any slow downs so I can't really say it helps.

How would I go about doing this? My pso takes up to like 80% of my shitlaptops cpu usage.

v0.3.2 is now available. It adds the sleep(1) performance hack as an API call that an addon can enable or disable. It doesn't work on Ephinea.

We have an idea for what is causing the performance issue and the best workaround for it is probably to play the game at a lower resolution or disable Advanced Effects in the options.

I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone involved with any part of these awesome tools and plugins, they are very helpful. I just set everything up and didn't run into any issues except that I can't get the font to scale larger for the floor drops window addon. I did what was mentioned earlier in the thread, the line "imgui.SetWindowFontScale([value])" was already in the config, I've tried making it different numbers without any luck, the window title head does work by modifying the same value under the cfg.mainWindow section. I figure I'm missing something pretty basic here.

This works but only changes the title bar and drop down size.
if cfg.mainWindow then
local save = false
imgui.Begin("Character Reader")
imgui.SetWindowFontScale(cfg.fontSize)

This does not work at all but if I remove the line completely the addon will not load.
I used, imgui.SetWindowFontScale(2)
if cfg.floorItemsWindow then
imgui.Begin("Floor Items")
imgui.SetWindowFontScale(cfg.fontSize)
readItemList(-1)
imgui.End()

I mainly play on a TV with a PS4 controller and I can't read the default font well from a distance or I wouldn't worry about it. Thanks in advance for any input or suggestions.

I'm using psobbaddonplugin 0.3.3 and PSOBBMod-Addons package date 5/8

The latest release of the Character Reader has a font-size parameter in the configuration.lua file:

327176485c.png

You can find this by going to addons/Character Reader/configuration.lua.

The problem is the latest PR, that included some changes adding a child window for the items.the child windows are not affected by the parent font scale, it seems.

The second snippet you shown is for the dedicated floor window which should work just fine but you have to enable it here
Code:
-- Enables a dedicated floor items window
local floorItemsWindow = false

Either way, I have fixed the problem and already updated my repository.

Last edited:
Just to let it be known here, I have received a new PR which makes the inventory list show the items in the order you have them in your inventory.
This effectively updates as you sort them, pretty nice change.

Thanks for the work on this!

This is some great stuff. I got it to work in my game and all seems fine except for the Mag Window. That one keeps closing no matter what I try. Everything else works great though. Any idea what might be causing the Mag window to close?

[Edit]
It works when starting the game, but when you reach the lobby, the mag window closes and refuses to come back. Doesn't matter if you enter a game either.

Is there any error in the log?
A few hours ago I updated an error in the item reader.
If you don't have the latest version, then update solylib/items/items.lua

Ah yeah there is one.

oUIGqzn.png

Looks like I might have to update. Will report the results in a sec.

[Edit]
No luck, the error is still showing up in the log after updating. :(

The first line is a bit different now though. It says items.lua:162, instead of items.lua:156

Last edited:
Can you expand the window, so the window shows all the line?
But yeah, I fixed that a few hours ago.

0xe2lY4.png

This one was taken after getting the latest one from Github moments ago.

Should I attempt a clean install of the entire thing maybe?

For some reason the two windows, "Player Reader" and "Monsters" have static white pixels inside them. Not really that game breaking but I figured I might as well report it. I've confirmed it with a few others to make sure it wasn't just me. It's always there but you hardly notice it until you go through the burst loading screen thanks to the dark background.
Player Reader.png
Monsters.png

Those are the separators for the columns. They turn into vertical lines as soon as there is data to be displayed.

Just as @staphen said, I can make the addons print nothing or print something about "no data" when there is nothing to display.

Back