PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

Assuming you're requesting user feedback: I don't see a problem with displaying "no data" in the Player Reader, but I think I would prefer the absence of information in the Monster HP addon because the existence of data really depends more on whether you're near a monster as opposed to whether you're in a loading screen.

I'd go for printing a message since it would be evident why there is nothing on the window (maybe an error occurred).
But atm there is really no need, I still have stuff to code for those addons.

These addons have been very, very convenient for mag raising and seeing loot, so thank you very much! I had a question about the latest release though: what happened to the built-in mag function in the Character Reader? It felt a lot more convenient to me. Also, the separate mag addon doesn't show the color of a mag - pretty minor, I know, but it was actually really useful to me in determining a mag's color when I make new level 1 characters to try and get specific colored mags to raise. Any option to turn this back on somewhere I'm missing?

I can put the color back in the mags addon.
I decided to separate the mags (and soon the floor items) since the "main" addon is a character reader, although probably I should add a toggle button to filter mags in the character reader and would be easier...

Alright... I have made an update.
Removed the new Mags addon, but instead added a check box to filter mags (only when inventory is selected), imo this is the best thing to do, even though you cant see whole inventory and mags only at the same time.

Last edited:
Hey Soly, thank you so much for your addons.

Quick question -- is it possible to add the arms shop NPC to the character reader?

In offline versions the shops were loaded when you reached pioneer2 (iirc), but in BB they are loaded when you open the shop so basically there is no point for an addon to read them since by the time the addon could read it, it would be already on your game menu.

If someone still wanted to have it twice on screen for whatever reason, I could probably do something but that would be once I finish my items library.
It would be a different addon, I am actually going to move the floor item reader into a separated addon too.

Hey soly, I noticed the Monster HP for De Rol Le might be bugged. Regardless of difficulty - it states it has 20,000 HP for every part and does not go down no matter what kind of damage you do. Every other boss seems to show up fine though.

Console versions generate the shop inventory when you talk to the shop, too.
Then was the shop files being read upon arriving to P2, at least in PC.

Hey soly, I noticed the Monster HP for De Rol Le might be bugged. Regardless of difficulty - it states it has 20,000 HP for every part and does not go down no matter what kind of damage you do. Every other boss seems to show up fine though.
Yes, I need to figure out how to fix that...

In offline versions the shops were loaded when you reached pioneer2 (iirc), but in BB they are loaded when you open the shop so basically there is no point for an addon to read them since by the time the addon could read it, it would be already on your game menu.

If someone still wanted to have it twice on screen for whatever reason, I could probably do something but that would be once I finish my items library.
It would be a different addon, I am actually going to move the floor item reader into a separated addon too.

Ah, yeah, I could only see it being useful to pipe in and out of the pioneer2 to quickly reload the shop list without actually opening it up in the menu. Thanks for the quick reply!

Alright... I have made an update.
Removed the new Mags addon, but instead added a check box to filter mags (only when inventory is selected), imo this is the best thing to do, even though you cant see whole inventory and mags only at the same time.
I'm not sure I understand this. Are you saying the separate mag window was removed? I find the separate mag window to be very useful. The inventory window shows everything in inventory including mags and their color, so I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to only show one or the other. I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly though.

Then was the shop files being read upon arriving to P2, at least in PC.
The game probably loads the shop files into memory along with the other P2 assets, but it doesn't actually parse them to generate the shops until you talk to the counter. You can tell because you only FSOD when you talk to the counter with an invalid shop file and not when you load into P2. :p

I'm not sure I understand this. Are you saying the separate mag window was removed? I find the separate mag window to be very useful. The inventory window shows everything in inventory including mags and their color, so I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to only show one or the other. I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly though.
Yes, the separate mag window was removed.
First it was made into a separate addon but having a filter for it is better as its easier to maintain and it's less clutter on screen.
The inventory window shows everything, the mag window did the same except the mag color which snorkel asked about.
For me, it doesn't really make sense to duplicate mags, if you are mag feeding and need to see only the mags for whatever reason, just filter the rest of things out.

If you want to keep the mag addon, that's fine, I don't think I'll make any changes that will break it anytime soon but I can't promise anything.
Basically it's just that I will no longer maintain it. You can always get the latest version I had in this commit, the last 2 files in red (removed)

Last edited:
FYI, I'm actively looking into the De Rol Le problem because it's relevant to my Kill Counter addon.

Has anyone thought of adding an exp per hour/min add on?

Although I'm working pretty much exclusively on a kill counter right now, I was planning to extend it to capturing many other statistics as well, such as money earned, exp earned, and time spent on runs and quests. I could calculate things like exp per hour/min with those kinds of statistics. But you'll have to give me ample time as I'm still kind of new at this.

So I have the DRL HP, but it's different than the shells, so I am on that now.

Edit:
I have head HP, head shell HP and body shells HP.
It seems the body HP is the same as the head, now doing some modifications to my addon so it's easier to do the different readings for the boss.

Last edited:
Seems about right
nbUsElg.jpg

@Soly, I don't know if you saw the PR I submitted last night, and I don't know if it would help at this point, but in light of the fact that it looks like you're working on De Rol Le, I thought I should at least point it out as a reference. I already managed to find shell and body HP for DRL and the Barba Ray and tested it on multiple difficulties as well as online/offline play.

Back