PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

It seems another program was interfering with the dinput8 (specifically the Evolve VPN software). Turning that off allows it to create properly and boot.

Not a clue.

@falkenjeff @Soly So I went and made a Sandbox account and it was easier to test than I thought. Thanks Soly for your perseverance in making these tools so easy to use, and Jeff for prodding me to test it myself.

full

Yeah!
I liked this nice gradient made by Ryan for the special names, so it has been included as the default settings in configuration.lua
You can see the change here and get the complete file here.
If you download the full file, keep in mind it might reset your configuration, if you have made your own custom configuration please see the change and manually apply it yourself.

I've made some changes myself, that I'll share here for everyone (and I'm gonna adopt @Ryan color scheme too, except that I'll put Berserk in Red as there's too many yellow names already :3).

Complete file (items.lua): https://pastebin.com/F59HcPsa

Color scheme:
  • Red Box: Red
  • Power, Mind, HP, TP and Luck Material: Light Orange
  • Grinders: Blue
  • Lv15, 20, 29, 30 (and Grant/Megid 26~30, Anti 5/7, Ryuker, Reverser) Technique: Green
  • Music Disk: Yellow
  • Scape Doll: Orange
    • ↓ Added items ↓
  • Music Disk 12~20
  • Event Egg: Red
Mags will show in Red too, as this was an old screenshot.
eqz7sng-png.3370

I've colored what I thought was valuables, you're free to make your own changes. :p

Last edited:
(and I'm gonna adopt @Ryan color scheme too, except that I'll put Berserk in Red as there's too many yellow names already :3).

i actually debated making berserk red but in the end i picked the exact color of the low HP bar

Question, how would I make the text only white with hit red, like in the 1.3.7 version?
under local wht, change everything above 0 to 0xFFFF0000. if you really want literally everything else to be white, just change like every other color value in the entire config to 0xFFFFFFFF

How do you edit the init.lua on Soly's character reader so that "Save to file" works? I thought I edited the correct string, but it didn't work.

Edit configuration.lua.
The path is based from the game's root.

If you just put "inv.txt", it will save beside psobb.exe, I put "imgui/inv.txt" because my addons are inside a folder named imgui.

I've made some changes myself, that I'll share here for everyone (and I'm gonna adopt @Ryan color scheme too, except that I'll put Berserk in Red as there's too many yellow names already :3).

Complete file (items.lua): https://pastebin.com/F59HcPsa

Color scheme:
  • Red Box: Red
  • Power, Mind, HP, TP and Luck Material: Light Orange
  • Grinders: Blue
  • Lv15, 20, 29, 30 (and Grant/Megid 26~30, Anti 5/7, Ryuker, Reverser) Technique: Green
  • Music Disk: Yellow
  • Scape Doll: Orange
    • ↓ Added items ↓
  • Music Disk 12~20
  • Event Egg: Red
Mags will show in Red too, as this was an old screenshot.
eqz7sng-png.3370

I've colored what I thought was valuables, you're free to make your own changes. :p
I'll check it out but I will probably not change the items themselves... it's just soooo much.
I think I might do with the techs tho.

Just wanted to drop my experience bar addition to the mix of great UI mods already out there!
It's super simple, but it's a QoL upgrade that I've been wanting personally for some time. Note: Unsure if the original exp values from BB still apply, so advice there would be good.

As always clone/download and place in the addons folder. Feel free to browse/modify the code as you see fit.

https://github.com/tornupgaming/psobb-addon-xpbar

I think it would be best to collate a list of the addons people are writing on the original post. Then people don't have to go hunting through 14+ pages of posts for the links =]

Attachments

• pso131369234141397314.jpg
    pso131369234141397314.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 116
Just wanted to drop my experience bar addition to the mix of great UI mods already out there!
Just a few things

1) local _PlayerOneTotalExpPointer = 0x068E5198
Is that really a pointer? That address is way too high :eek: (could still be a pointer but looks more like the value of a pointer).
Edit: with pointers, you should also have some guards to not spam the log, when the pointer is null.

2) local _ExperienceChart = { ....
Why don't you just read the exp table that the login sends (keep in mind there are tables for every class), this way it would work in any server and potentially if a server admin decides to not do the same exp progress for every class, it would still work.

Last edited:
Welp, there you have a PR.
Made it read the PLT data from memory so it should work with any server, also the level and exp from the character data.

Thanks Soly! I've been trying to figure this stuff out between Cheat Engine / looking at the memory view and obviously failed hard. It's not for nothing though, learned a lot today, and got a bunch more to learn from your alterations, so genuinely appreciated!

Sorry for the shameless gitignore plug, I use VS 2017/ VSCode and they add their databases and stuff into the folder, it would be a total mess otherwise (at least for my fork).

You are welcome, hopefully you can get a (small really) head start if you decide to make another plugin requiring character data.

Makes sense. I'm using VS Code and didn't add any crap into the folder thankfully, but yeah I can see why VS might bloat it up.

I think it was VS 2017 when I cloned the repo.
Btw, just did another commit, added color to the bar, thanks to Ryan for asking about that feature and Eidolon cuz without him I'd have probably never figured out how to make it work lol.

I've made some changes myself, that I'll share here for everyone
I have added your colors, however I did not add the event egg neither the custom music disks because I removed server specific item lists, will probably add them back later...

I have updated my addons a bit more, this time removed hardcoded strings, these will be read from the unitxt in memory.
If you see any weird text in the character reader, please let me know.

Back