Post your vehicle!

Here's my current toy. 2003 Mach 1 with 7,000 original miles. Currently thinking about buying another third gen Camaro.
7,000 miles???? HOLY CRAP!! Great find! Before mew goes into a rant about that anemic 4.6 modular motor...she WILL concede those things are a handful to beat at the track once they get a supercharger! Without a supercharger they're fun to slap around with her lil' Grandma 4 door Buick >=3. 03 Cobras don't even know what hit em' XD! But Gods these Ponies SOUND SWEET! Here's what u can expect from a typical Supercharged Mach1
Keep the Shiny side UP! =3

7,000 miles???? HOLY CRAP!! Great find! Before mew goes into a rant about that anemic 4.6 modular motor...she WILL concede those things are a handful to beat at the track once they get a supercharger! Without a supercharger they're fun to slap around with her lil' Grandma 4 door Buick >=3. 03 Cobras don't even know what hit em' XD! But Gods these Ponies SOUND SWEET! Here's what u can expect from a typical Supercharged Mach1
Keep the Shiny side UP! =3
I've owned a regular 2002 GT, and yeah they were weak. The Mach 1 having the 4V motor makes a big difference. I plan on keeping it stock, they're holding value extremely well.

Damn, y'all with the manly American muscle cars and here I am trying to sell off my eurotrash Z3M track car and probably picking up my 2nd Abarth 500 or maybe get into an NA Miata for autocrossing.

I've owned a regular 2002 GT, and yeah they were weak. The Mach 1 having the 4V motor makes a big difference. I plan on keeping it stock, they're holding value extremely well.
Are the 4V's the same as the 4 cammer 4.6? There was a short time while helping run a friends motorsports shop, we often had a modular motor on an engine stand doing port work...Just Looking at the motor you'd swear it was some 700 CID Monster!! Fukkers are HUGE!! Massive heads and materials...you'd never know it was only 4.6! You can keep it "stock", but a little porting and polishing can't hurt anything without decreasing its value right? Might even pick up a few extra HP while still appearing factory. >=3

Damn, y'all with the manly American muscle cars and here I am trying to sell off my eurotrash Z3M track car and probably picking up my 2nd Abarth 500 or maybe get into an NA Miata for autocrossing.
Z3M is GORGEOUS tho! Mew still has a soft side for the cute 500 Abarth! =3. Miata/MX-5 (cute) for Autocrossing is kinda overdone...Have you looked into Homestead speedway hosting amateur Road course days? Racing an actual sanctioned professional track course would be HELLA times better than some drab traffic cone conducted grind, right? Besides...might make you fall in love with the Z3 again ='). Wait...didn't you mention test driving a T-rex at Homestead already? Didn't you LIKE it? =3

Damn, y'all with the manly American muscle cars and here I am trying to sell off my eurotrash Z3M track car and probably picking up my 2nd Abarth 500
No.

If you're a man, be a man, or be a trap like me. Either way buy a real car

Wifey killing the autocross course in the AP1.

Have you looked into Homestead speedway hosting amateur Road course days?
I used to go all the time on my bike, unfortunately Homestead and PBIR are BORING tracks. If I lived near VIR or Road Atlanta (or even Sebring) I would never think of autocrossing.

No.

If you're a man, be a man, or be a trap like me. Either way buy a real car

I don't need manly cars to feel manly. I've always loved tiny cars.

I owned a Miata as well for a few years.
I like the looks of the NC Miata's, but they're almost 500lbs heavier than the NA Miata. GOTTA BE LIGHT TO BE QUICK

PBIR and Homestad ARE on the dinky side you're right. Mew's Still kicking herself for turning down a few laps at historic Sebring with her sister's Mazda club a few years back. Sebring was due some restoration some time ago. But Dayum what a track! When the Miata first came out, companies IMMEDIATELY started hosting celebrity Race events with the little Mazda....it was THAT Fun to race with very little prep and safety upgrades! XD!

Lol. Snap oversteer is cancer.

image.jpg

WP_20170513_003_zpstvw7hevv.jpg

:^)

I never go far enough to need a car, though my undying enthusiasm for cars will most likely result in me buying a project car.
Growing bored in my late 20s. Maybe a project motorcycle, too. Always liked those.

This $150 (with all its new parts and maintenance fees so far), English, hand-made piece of plastic and steel crap has lasted 4 years, probably done well over a thousand miles, never had a flat tyre (I coat the inner rim in ductape LOL), and never had anything wrong with it outside of general maintenance. Most I've done is removed decals and bits of plastic, swapped out the standard short chain ring for $5 for a large to go faste wiv stronk legz, replaced the standard chain with something heavy duty for $3, removed the front brake (nobody likes flying over the handlebars), and fitted a better quality wired rear brake and brake pads that were more forgiving to the plastic wheels for $15. Doubt I could part with it even if I did find myself getting a car. Testament to fine English construction at a low price.

Not sure what my first project car would be, inevitably it'll end up looking like a drug dealer's car anyway.

Last edited:
So, bad news. I am forced to sell/refinance my car by the end of the month due to financial hardship (Hours cut at work from 55 to 45, and now 40 due to new budget)

Refinancing will save me a paltry $100 a month. Its not really enough but I can scrape by...

If I sell the car outright i'm going to have to take a personal loan for ~$11k and get reemed on interest (12% or more). Carmax and My dealership have both told me 33k. I owe 43,800 ish.

Has anyone ever refinanced a car? How long did it take to get it all said and done?

I'm not even sure i can get a personal loan and for sure i have no co-signer.

Seeing as all the changes I'm making in my life, it might be a better idea to sell the car and finance a used car for $10,000 or less, as i have $50 in my bank account at the moment.

I was thinking about a 01-05 MR2 Spyder or something of that price range and age.

So, bad news. I am forced to sell/refinance my car by the end of the month due to financial hardship (Hours cut at work from 55 to 45, and now 40 due to new budget)

Refinancing will save me a paltry $100 a month. Its not really enough but I can scrape by...

If I sell the car outright i'm going to have to take a personal loan for ~$11k and get reemed on interest (12% or more). Carmax and My dealership have both told me 33k. I owe 43,800 ish.

Has anyone ever refinanced a car? How long did it take to get it all said and done?

I'm not even sure i can get a personal loan and for sure i have no co-signer.

Seeing as all the changes I'm making in my life, it might be a better idea to sell the car and finance a used car for $10,000 or less, as i have $50 in my bank account at the moment.

I was thinking about a 01-05 MR2 Spyder or something of that price range and age.
Mew can ay from purrsonal experience that refinancing anything on paper always sounds nice....but the blood and guts of it still says only after 2Years will you finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Where do you see yourself financially in 2 years Boomies? Is anything going to improve within those 24 months of potential Hell? Will selling the car be to your advantage?...Yes... Will you be as Happy with an MR2 go-kart of a car?....only at the gas pumps and hairpin turns around town >=3. Sanity and finances say to let go of the passionate MOPAR. $50 left in your bank account alone should tell you something. Besides, after 2 or so years, your credit and position will be far better to decide your next Love affair of a car, no? <3 Stay SANE! =3

Was fun looking through the thread, definitely a few I'll throw some likes on when I have another browse.

I've given a potential project car some thought and I went with the BMW M3 E36, might be able to find one in dying need of some work for a cheap price.

attachment.php

The colors are iconic to anyone that saw racing in the 90s, and given that I intend for the car to remain road legal while maintaining a form of racing heritage I wanted something a bit more roomy and reputable than an Audi. Considered an MG Rover, but they just can't shake that tacky look, and finding an American muscle car (I'd love to work on a Chevrolet tbh) in the UK is like finding a pair of sunglasses. Reminder that we don't sell those because the sun is a myth here.

Was fun looking through the thread, definitely a few I'll throw some likes on when I have another browse.

I've given a potential project car some thought and I went with the BMW M3 E36, might be able to find one in dying need of some work for a cheap price.

attachment.php

The colors are iconic to anyone that saw racing in the 90s, and given that I intend for the car to remain road legal while maintaining a form of racing heritage I wanted something a bit more roomy and reputable than an Audi. Considered an MG Rover, but they just can't shake that tacky look, and finding an American muscle car (I'd love to work on a Chevrolet tbh) in the UK is like finding a pair of sunglasses. Reminder that we don't sell those because the sun is a myth here.
The nice thing about M3's are they're prolific and the aftermarket for them is staggering! Just gotta find the model year that makes u happiest! <3!

Back