Post your vehicle!

Mew can ay from purrsonal experience that refinancing anything on paper always sounds nice....but the blood and guts of it still says only after 2Years will you finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Where do you see yourself financially in 2 years Boomies? Is anything going to improve within those 24 months of potential Hell? Will selling the car be to your advantage?...Yes... Will you be as Happy with an MR2 go-kart of a car?....only at the gas pumps and hairpin turns around town >=3. Sanity and finances say to let go of the passionate MOPAR. $50 left in your bank account alone should tell you something. Besides, after 2 or so years, your credit and position will be far better to decide your next Love affair of a car, no? <3 Stay SANE! =3

gotta eat.

vP1ASdl.png

Don't put yourself through unnecessary financial strife for a car. If money is tight you shouldn't be owning or trying to pay off a car worth nearly 50k. The loss of value on a new car is painful. Mine lost 9k (22k from new) in just over 12 months. At the end of the day a car is fundamentally a means to get from A to B. If you have plenty of surplus cash and love driving then why not have a nice car. If you've got to be careful to make ends meet then get something cheap and economical for now.

Ed

So, bad news. I am forced to sell/refinance my car by the end of the month due to financial hardship (Hours cut at work from 55 to 45, and now 40 due to new budget)

Refinancing will save me a paltry $100 a month. Its not really enough but I can scrape by...

If I sell the car outright i'm going to have to take a personal loan for ~$11k and get reemed on interest (12% or more). Carmax and My dealership have both told me 33k. I owe 43,800 ish.

Has anyone ever refinanced a car? How long did it take to get it all said and done?

I'm not even sure i can get a personal loan and for sure i have no co-signer.

Seeing as all the changes I'm making in my life, it might be a better idea to sell the car and finance a used car for $10,000 or less, as i have $50 in my bank account at the moment.

I was thinking about a 01-05 MR2 Spyder or something of that price range and age.
You can refinance any kind of loan if you have good enough credit. How's your credit? How was your credit when you bought the car? If it's better than before you can refinance it and save a good amount on your monthly payments. I refinanced the mortgage on my condo at 25 since the interest rates were stupid high and my credit/income was god tier compared to when I got into it 3 1/2 years earlier (gotta love the market crash of 2008). My method might not work for you since you say your hours are getting cut, but I ended up changing my goal to a shorter term, low interest, higher monthly payments loan since I could afford to. Dumped all the money i was earning into school and mortgage payments and paid those fuckers off. Now all that's left is paying off the house which should be done in about 5-8 years (if i don't get divorced or have children by then loooool).

I forgot how old you were but this is why I have always been an advocate of buying a house first before getting into long car payments (like over 35K). I got into a $5000 loan for my 1st car (used) when I was 18 to get a kickstart on my credit and ever since then I've bought my cars with cash/cashier's check. I already told my wife a while back that I wouldn't get into car payments until my house was paid off and I'd be comfortable renting out my condo or house to someone we don't know. The rate at which cars depreciate is ridiculous and 99% of the time you won't make the value of a new car back (unless you bought a Supra TT, NSX, or Porsche GT2 in the 90s loool).

If i was in your situation I'd wait to be financially stable before trying to go ahead and do whatever it is you want to do to your body. Try to get that 11k loan, sell your car ASAP since the more you wait the less you'll get back, pay off that loan, and get out of the car game for a couple of years. Once you have your life in order you can get back into the car game if you're still interested in it or do whatever the hell you want.

Not sure what my first project car would be, inevitably it'll end up looking like a drug dealer's car anyway.
I'm guessing you're in the U.K? Time for a Nissan Pulsar VZ-R N1 + Turbo goodies, or an SR20VE swap + Turbo goodies. looool. Easily the top car in my "Want to import when it becomes legal" list. Those little hot hatches are so nice and the SR16VE N1 motor revs to the moon, though I'd much rather have the SR20VE in it (used to own a 98 Nissan 200SX SE-R with an SR20VE swap and a GT28RS turbo back in 2006-08, was my little highway monster).

I'm guessing you're in the U.K? Time for a Nissan Pulsar VZ-R N1 + Turbo goodies, or an SR20VE swap + Turbo goodies. looool. Easily the top car in my "Want to import when it becomes legal" list. Those little hot hatches are so nice and the SR16VE N1 motor revs to the moon, though I'd much rather have the SR20VE in it (used to own a 98 Nissan 200SX SE-R with an SR20VE swap and a GT28RS turbo back in 2006-08, was my little highway monster).

Those particular Nissan models are a rare sight in the UK, and the ones I have seen have been modified to the teeth.
Actually once caught a modified black 180SX drifting circles around a roundabout in Tamworth.
I'm always gonna be interested in Japanese tuners, maybe if I happen to chance upon one I'll give it a shot, seems throwing body kits and parts into them is the way anyway so they make great project cars.

Those particular Nissan models are a rare sight in the UK, and the ones I have seen have been modified to the teeth.
Actually once caught a modified black 180SX drifting circles around a roundabout in Tamworth.
I'm always gonna be interested in Japanese tuners, maybe if I happen to chance upon one I'll give it a shot, seems throwing body kits and parts into them is the way anyway so they make great project cars.
Yeah, I grew out of my euro trash phase and I've been wanting to get back into Japanese tuners. Can't decide on what car to get though once I get rid of the z3m, too many options. I need to wait until 2023-2024 to be able to import an N15 VZ-R. ZzZzZz

So, bad news. I am forced to sell/refinance my car by the end of the month due to financial hardship (Hours cut at work from 55 to 45, and now 40 due to new budget)

Refinancing will save me a paltry $100 a month. Its not really enough but I can scrape by...

If I sell the car outright i'm going to have to take a personal loan for ~$11k and get reemed on interest (12% or more). Carmax and My dealership have both told me 33k. I owe 43,800 ish.

Has anyone ever refinanced a car? How long did it take to get it all said and done?

I'm not even sure i can get a personal loan and for sure i have no co-signer.

Seeing as all the changes I'm making in my life, it might be a better idea to sell the car and finance a used car for $10,000 or less, as i have $50 in my bank account at the moment.

I was thinking about a 01-05 MR2 Spyder or something of that price range and age.

Ouch I almost made the same mistake. Electric blue ford fusion... That car amped my style. Compliments at every corner but it was $38,000 bucks. Heated car seats and steering wheel. Cup holders with changing colored lights...moon roof... tap the gas and you at 60mph... I didn't even like driving until I met him.

Ouch I almost made the same mistake. Electric blue ford fusion... That car amped my style. Compliments at every corner but it was $38,000 bucks. Heated car seats and steering wheel. Cup holders with changing colored lights...moon roof... tap the gas and you at 60mph... I didn't even like driving until I met him.

Shame it was a ford. Might have been a good car if not.

Sad day today. Releasing my BMW Z3M into the wild in a couple of hours. Have a buyer flying in from Colorado to drive it home, ballsy man considering he already knows the car has solid aluminum motor mounts and 3" exhaust. Changed the oil last night and took her out for my last hard drive on some back roads do i could go over oil and tranny levels after it. Hopefully the car makes the trip to Colorado and I don't get a bad rep on mcoupe buyers guide:confused:.

Now to figure out what to do with the extra $17,500 ill have. Been looking into the 00s era Scooby and a secondary daily like a g35/7, or stealing my wife's S2000 and getting her something else lol. Maybe even an older 00s Porsche, but not a Boxster since everyone has one and the good Carerra models go for $30ish k. I would love to own a rear engine car and become an autocross noob again as I get used to it. lolol.

Shame it was a ford. Might have been a good car if not.
Still better than a Dodge you can't afford. Lool

Aluminum motor mounts??? Brave man indeed! He'll prolly only be irked for the first 5-600 miles...by time he gets into the next state he'll be used to the vibrations and enjoy the car. No Worries! Mew herself had converted her cars to all Solid steal/polyurethane motor and tranny mounts. At first startup and rolling along, yeah it was a lil irksome...but the immediate response from pedal to your butt is Worth It! Don't even notice the vibrations anymore. Just an extension of the body =3. Lol, yeah, heard about those rear engine cars making seasoned drivers have to relearn years of good habits from their previous cars. $17,000 has quite a lot options to get the wifey something nice so u can liberate the S2000 from her. She'll prolly still find an excuse to 'borrow' it from time to time <3!

Back