Post your vehicle!

On the mewish side of the camp....things are NOT well... Replaced the fuel pump just fine and idles wonderfully. BUT, as any turbo tuner will tell you, for every pound of boost above idle you push, you need ONE additional pound of fuel to match! so if you idle fuel pressure at 45lbs and you push 20psi of boost WOT...you NEED to see 65PSI of fuel pressure @WOT. Easy enough, right? Mew decides to give her mechanics a little Thank You treat of warm off the griddle/oven Krispy Kreme doughnuts. She gets in her Ttype and tries finding a little stretch to gun it a bit to light the tires up while still cruising at 40mph...Car goes a little sideways =D!...but before mew could make eye contact with her fuel pressure gauge... she hears an odd metalic PING sound!! Then the idle goes wonky! aw crap! So mew turns her car around and limps it home to get the doughnuts in her other baby. But, afterwards she lifts the hood and finds this..... uh oh....jpegthe fan had tossed 2 of its blades while still spinning and the unbalanced tapping on the intercooler piping causing the PCM to think there was Detonation happening and pulled timing from the motor to protect itself....phew!

Here's where it gets colorful.... The common census is when u get a huge front mount intercooler, your street manners become Iffy at best from heavy traffic or simply warm weather etc. So you NEED either TWO radiator fans or One DAMN GOOD one! Years ago, mew had gone with a Really good 2800cfm single fan. People laughed seeing mews Huge new intercooler saying..."you're going to overheat!". This single fan not only kept the motor cool, but even after a 90 mile trip to and from Miami to the Keys in 88 degree weather...temps never went above 171 degrees! Mind you, this is on a Turbocharged monster of a car. So, seeing mews old beloved custom fan falling apart kept her awake at night wondering WHERE was she gonna find a replacement, since the company she bought the fan from went out of business over a decade ago...then a spark of imagination... "just snip off the opposite blades and the fan will be balanced!". The very next day, like an idiot humming a happy song, mew snips off the opposite fan blades on her precious fan. Lo' and Behold....it WORKS and idles beautifully! idle temps even stays at 162 degrees on an 86 degree afternoon! Hmmmm, feeling hungry...why not head to Wendys for a 4 for $4 jr bacon cheeseburger etc? =3. Get in the car and try to stab it again on the way back....SAME Metalic pinging sounds! =O.O=!! But this time the engine stays strong and no stumbling...hmmmm...*looks at scan gauge* temps are at 179.....188.....193....mew makes it home and pops the hood.... this is what she finds....omgwtfsrsly.jpegSwear shes doing this to mommy on PURRPOSE to avoid going racing!! XD! Whats odd is...the ENTIRE driveline (motor/tranny) is on solid Urathane rubber bushing and Doesnt budge a BIT under load, so its not like the blades were colliding with the piping....unless Boost is making the hoses to the piping tweak a bit..... crap! *sneaks to garage!*

Last edited:
Polyurethane mounts still have some play. I used to run full Prothane mounts until I had a custom steel dogbone mount made. Also, the Crossmember bolt bushings themselves (not mounts) could be worn. I replaced those with aluminum and delrin bushings and the engine never moves.

Polyurethane mounts still have some play. I used to run full Prothane mounts until I had a custom steel dogbone mount made. Also, the Crossmember bolt bushings themselves (not mounts) could be worn. I replaced those with aluminum and delrin bushings and the engine never moves.
Crossmember/engine/tranny mounts were all upgraded to Solid red poly/steel insert 1400+HP goodies. The body of the car moves before the engine does with hard revs! >=3 CLEARANCE however is still an issue...When mew First got her car back, the intercooler up piping DID tap the hell outta the outter edges of the fan blades for maybe a good 3 minutes before she could find a safe place to pull over to investigate. =/. Those few minutes were prolly enuff to cause stress cracks in a fan that she bought 20 years ago and stuck in a Hot hostile environment. Looking closer at the pipe fitment, mew'll be able to gain 2 inches of clearance if she custom orders longer silicone hoses. No biggie. Whats even nicer is JEGS.com has replacement fanblades for that same custom model fan for only $45. *paw pads crossed*

Last edited:
lIqoCOc.jpg

Bought this yesterday :3
Uj7DQob.jpg

pretty good upgrade from this which battery was dying due to a bad ground or something that my dad fixed. 1960 MGC GT

Bet that lil' ol GT still turns heads tho <3. Audi's are designed for Autobahn blasts at sustained and steady 100mph+ blasts. Friend has a v8 monster of one and 80mph feels like 40mph its sooooo smooth. Just three words if u ever decide to take it in for servicing...."Grab Your Ankles!" XD! Awesome two cars tho! =3

Last edited:
I....I..I...I dont have a car......YET....;~;
*Hugs Seijin-san!* Nu nu nu feeling the bad feels! Think of all the Monies you're saving with not gas prices, monthly insurances, dealing with idiots on the roads.... yadda yadda yadda! If you DO get a car... ease into one, dont get a gas guzzling whore of a car right away! lol =3

Last edited:
*Hugs Seijin-san!* Nu nu nu feeling the bad feels! Think of all the Monies your saving with not gas prices, monthly insurances, dealing with idiots on the roads.... yadda yadda yadda! If you DO get a car... ease into one, dont get a gas guzzling whore of a car right away! lol =3
lol thanks for the advice and yeah ive been looking to a good car to get me around to point a to b and im good.

inb4 it went lean.

That shit happens, I killed my 2nd boosted SR20DE when I loaded a timing map and forgot to check the fuel map to make sure it was correctly configured for the smaller injectors at higher rpm.

Back