Post your vehicle!

image0-1.jpg
<3

hellaflush is bad and you should feel bad.

That looks like a Whole LOT of 'Happy!'. Nice stance, Sinister look, tastefully done! We all know these things aren't 'FAST'....but in the end it's what makes the DRIVER Happy to be Seen in and call their Own right? Oh, did we mention this prolly gets great gas mileage? >=3

OH NOES???? Mew's sister made us drive all the way up to Orlando just to look at a Celica GT. Mew was unimpressed with the test drive....you prolly dodged a bullet with that one luv! As for the Soul....WTF kinda credit score they expect you to have to get one? 700+??? Damn Hamsters and their over-inflated Egos! No MR2's laying around?

OH NOES???? Mew's sister made us drive all the way up to Orlando just to look at a Celica GT. Mew was unimpressed with the test drive....you prolly dodged a bullet with that one luv! As for the Soul....WTF kinda credit score they expect you to have to get one? 700+??? Damn Hamsters and their over-inflated Egos! No MR2's laying around?

MR2s are considerably more expensive for one of similar quality. The 94-99 celica GT is only slightly heavier (100ish lbs), is much more functional given that it can be a liftback, and the manual trans from the 5sfe is decently strong once you upgarde the clutch (which you have to do if you put a K20 or whatever in it). The only real downside is lack of aftermarket support outside of the GT-4/All-trac (same car) and its FF instead of MR. The 00-05 Celica ST and GT are trash, but the GT-S with the 2zz is a bit better.

That's what we test drove was a red GT-S....Blech! There WAS a silver one there with a suspicious intercooler in the lower grill~! Mew looked at...and walked away giggling. GT-S's are not only chic....they're like what, $1500? =3

Here's the current crack I'm smoking.

Goal: 600 Front WHP 3sgte Celica with a "street friendly 350hp" mode.
Three ideas:
Idea 1: Single Tune, Single Turbo.
Idea 2: Dual Tune, Single Turbo
Idea 3: Dual tune, Swappable Turbo

Idea 1: Single Tune, Single Turbo
Pretty much a standard build. Build engine to run a GTX3071R on 2.0L 3s-gte block, shoot for 600 hp at full throttle in all situations.

Close to the above, but swap tunes/ecus to acheive different power levels.

Alright, this is probably over complicating things but would be a nice end goal. A local shop built a EJ257 to use two different size turbochargers and they could easily be swapped in an hour or less. I don't remember the two different turbochargers used but I know they had v-band connectors on both the manifold and the downpipe sides.
3S-GTE block

Forged Pistons

Forged Rods

Etc

V-band Exhaust Manifold and Downpipe built to mate up to two different a V-band style turbochargers, likely a Gt2860RS and a GTX3071R using the same flanges and what not to make it feasible- smaller for the average trip, larger for being a tool and roll races etc.

Some form of flex fuel 93 octane / E85 tune (if possible) using an ethanol content sensor and a way to tell the ECU to adjust fuel trim on the fly. I know this is possible because I did it on my old PDSC Flexfuel FRS on the stock ECU with a single tune.

Doubt I'll hit 400 WTQ at those numbers. I'm sure a stock E153 would be able to handle it, but and upgraded clutch would absolutely be necessary. (open to suggestions on this one.)

I'd like to set a rev limiter no higher than 8000 RPM but would realistically like to do 7500 RPM if I can get away with it.

Not sure if I would need a second ECU or if the stock will even hold a flex fuel tune, I assume most aftermarket stand alones would hold at least two flex fuel tunes.

Gauges/etc, Fuel Ethanol Content, Boost Gauge, etc.

Might go with a Manual GT Convertible for style points, but 600 hp means I'd probably need a roll cage since it will probably fall somewhere in the 11s. NHRA/IHRA require a full cage at 11.99 and a roll bar at 13.99 On any convertible that runs those times. I Believe its 11.99/9.99 on a fixed roof vehicle but don't quote me on that.

Not sure about SCCA/etc rules but I doubt I'll be doing much of that.

When was the last time you saw a 5th or 6th gen celica at a drag strip doing 11s?

Here's the current crack I'm smoking.

Goal: 600 Front WHP 3sgte Celica with a "street friendly 350hp" mode.
Three ideas:
Idea 1: Single Tune, Single Turbo.

Idea 1: Single Tune, Single Turbo
Pretty much a standard build. Build engine to run a GTX3071R on 2.0L 3s-gte block, shoot for 600 hp at full throttle in all situations.

Close to the above, but swap tunes/ecus to acheive different power levels.

Alright, this is probably over complicating things but would be a nice end goal. A local shop built a EJ257 to use two different size turbochargers and they could easily be swapped in an hour or less. I don't remember the two different turbochargers used but I know they had v-band connectors on both the manifold and the downpipe sides.
3S-GTE block

Forged Pistons

Forged Rods

Etc

V-band Exhaust Manifold and Downpipe built to mate up to two different a V-band style turbochargers, likely a Gt2860RS and a GTX3071R using the same flanges and what not to make it feasible- smaller for the average trip, larger for being a tool and roll races etc.

Some form of flex fuel 93 octane / E85 tune (if possible) using an ethanol content sensor and a way to tell the ECU to adjust fuel trim on the fly. I know this is possible because I did it on my old PDSC Flexfuel FRS on the stock ECU with a single tune.

Doubt I'll hit 400 WTQ at those numbers. I'm sure a stock E153 would be able to handle it, but and upgraded clutch would absolutely be necessary. (open to suggestions on this one.)

I'd like to set a rev limiter no higher than 8000 RPM but would realistically like to do 7500 RPM if I can get away with it.

Not sure if I would need a second ECU or if the stock will even hold a flex fuel tune, I assume most aftermarket stand alones would hold at least two flex fuel tunes.

Gauges/etc, Fuel Ethanol Content, Boost Gauge, etc.

Might go with a Manual GT Convertible for style points, but 600 hp means I'd probably need a roll cage since it will probably fall somewhere in the 11s. NHRA/IHRA require a full cage at 11.99 and a roll bar at 13.99 On any convertible that runs those times. I Believe its 11.99/9.99 on a fixed roof vehicle but don't quote me on that.

Not sure about SCCA/etc rules but I doubt I'll be doing much of that.

When was the last time you saw a 5th or 6th gen celica at a drag strip doing 11s?
ALL of it sounds feasible, granted the funds flow enuff. E85 tune or Sunoco? Oh wait...see you mentioned flexfuel in your calculations. Mew will prolly carry around a spare E85 CHIP in her glovebox for emergencies when the Sunoco 110/116 is out =/. Gonna have to revamp the entire fuel line/filter route for stoopid E85. Not to mention HUGE injectors...mew's 60lbs's wont cut it according to friends and sources. And No...mew's Never even SEEN a little Celica wander into the staging lanes. Got a good scare tho at the King of the streets event with a Shop MR2 doing a burnout next to mew!! Launched mew's car with a great reaction time only to find out it was a Solo run...MR2 broke at the line after the burnout! Dodged a Bullet on that one! XD!

Back